Best High School Coach In East Tennessee?

BBandBBallFan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calvin Decker over at Morristown East usually gets a lot of what talent he has, or doesn't.

825501721[/snapback]

Surely you are not implying that Calvin Decker has not had talent since he has been at East!!!! If you are a sportswriter you should talk to a few region coaches. Other than Greenville, East has had twice the talent of any other region foe.

Before Decker/Berquist can be recognized as top coaches two things must happen.

1. Play a true 3A schedule not beat up on the likes of West Green, Hancock County, Chucky Doak, and Cosby just to name a few, because a school that is one of the largest 3A schools in the area should beat schools with less than half of their enrollment year in and year out.

2. Win against a good 3A team in the post season tournament instead of bowing out in the first round every year.

Edited by no kiddin

Good choice.....May be the most under-rated coach and most under-rated team (Morristown East) in East Tennessee? Morristown East may be more loaded than people think, and young too! Greenville  thumped them, but otherwise they look solid. Greenville may have the best defense in high school bball. Watch for them to win the region if they can get past SHill.

825502020[/snapback]

They are definately under rated as a team. They lose a 6'4" player in Pierce that could run the floor handle the ball and shoot it and they don't miss a beat. Where was Shaw, and Basile last year? I know they played some but niether started?? I call that a pretty talented team to have kids of that calibur coming off the bench.

I think it would be interesting to see what if anything would change if Berquist left for a head coaching job, which he deserves, to the way East plays.

Bill Hall-Scott High

825505367[/snapback]

Calvin Decker and His assistant Dag Berquist are the best I have seen anywhere.

Unfortunately they have to contend with "really corrupt" officiating crews that no one seems to want to do anything about. Give them a clean slate without ref interference and they can contend with anyone.

Calvin Decker and His assistant Dag Berquist are the best I have seen anywhere.

Unfortunately they have to contend with  "really corrupt" officiating crews that no one seems to want to do anything about. Give them a clean slate without ref interference and they can contend with anyone.

825511287[/snapback]

Decker and Berquist are very good coaches, but you should give the other team, their coaches, and players some credit instead of blaming the referees.