top ten AAA poll

90warrior

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...its somewhat biased, I agree.  However, my bias is a little bit more justified than yours...they are the defending State runner-ups and didn't lose anyone.  Now, a lot can happen between now and March--none of us is Nostradamus and we can't 100% accurately predict who will be there.  But, you have to like the chances of a team that made it to the championship game and lost no one.  Just like in women's college basketball.  The teams that return a lot of their starters and players are often favored.  You won't know until the end of the season.

As for me being an early nominee for "hypocrite of the year" as you call it, that's cool...I'll settle for that.  Goodness knows its much better than being "Dogg of the Year".  Let me ask you, do you get that title based upon your looks and/or face???Are you the "Dogg of Wilson Central"?  Boy, being "dogg-ugly" has to be a tough in itself but I commend you for having the courage to do it.

Bad me...bad, bad me.  Until now my mean streak had been tamed and locked away from this board and I had been nice...but you brought it out.  I will try to contain myself after this post...

825506263[/snapback]

Yeah...its somewhat biased, I agree.  However, my bias is a little bit more justified than yours...they are the defending State runner-ups and didn't lose anyone.  Now, a lot can happen between now and March--none of us is Nostradamus and we can't 100% accurately predict who will be there.  But, you have to like the chances of a team that made it to the championship game and lost no one.  Just like in women's college basketball.  The teams that return a lot of their starters and players are often favored.  You won't know until the end of the season.

As for me being an early nominee for "hypocrite of the year" as you call it, that's cool...I'll settle for that.  Goodness knows its much better than being "Dogg of the Year".  Let me ask you, do you get that title based upon your looks and/or face???Are you the "Dogg of Wilson Central"?  Boy, being "dogg-ugly" has to be a tough in itself but I commend you for having the courage to do it.

Bad me...bad, bad me.  Until now my mean streak had been tamed and locked away from this board and I had been nice...but you brought it out.  I will try to contain myself after this post...

825506263[/snapback]

Cutiepie,

That is so unlike you!!!.... As you know we have had our debates about two talented guards and we kept it civil. I wish both of them much success in the future. But I do agree with you about the State runners-up not getting much respect. Certainly all AAA teams better respect that team come "boro" time.

But don't let the name calling get to you!!...Good luck this year.

Cutiepie,

That is so unlike you!!!.... As  you know we have had our debates about two talented guards and we kept it civil. I wish both of them much success in the future. But I do agree with you about the State runners-up not getting much respect. Certainly all AAA teams better respect that team come "boro" time.

But don't let the name calling get to you!!...Good luck this year.

825506324[/snapback]

Zoo, you're so right...and I apologize...I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I'll be good from now on, I promise... :lol:

Zoo, you're so right...and I apologize...I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.  I'll be good from now on, I promise... :lol:

825506903[/snapback]

Cutie....isn't alot of this "lack of respect" more a "lack of knowledge" by the rest of the state. I live in West TN and unless I go out of my way to check, there is little or none in the way of prep coverage for Memphis. The CA is a joke.....I just wonder if more of the reason that Craigmont hasn't got any respect is just because people have no idea how they are doing this year. I would be shocked if they didn't make it to the 'boro. I would love to see them play Mount Juliet or whoever else makes it.......

825506263[/snapback]

And MTJ was doing this same exact thing last year until Clark went down. As I said before, if Clark don't get hurt, WCHS dream season doesn't happen, MTJ goes to State and I think they would have given Shelbyville a great game and possibly even beat them. Correct me if I am wrong, but going back to last year are they not 2-0 against Shelbyville?

Also, Mt. Juliet returned everyone themselves from last season that I can recall. MTJ is by far best team in the state.

Oh, and your momma gave me this name, and I thought it was cute :justwrestle:

If I'm not mistaken, Mt. Juliet didn't lose anybody off of last years team and they gained a "decent" little sophmore named Vanatta, with the Bears run of bad luck injuries in the past few years with Lockridge and Clark, I would like to see them run the table undefeated. Its a classy bunch of folks up there, so I wish them the best of luck.

If I'm not mistaken, Mt. Juliet didn't lose anybody off of last years team and they gained a "decent" little sophmore named Vanatta, with the Bears run of bad luck injuries in the past few years with Lockridge and Clark, I would like to see them run the table undefeated.  Its a classy bunch of folks up there, so I wish them the best of luck.

825508200[/snapback]

The rich just get richer.....MJ was good and then they got VanAtta, which was pure luck I guess. We should all give them the gold ball right now, because no one will beat them this year.....

The rich just get richer.....MJ was good and then they got VanAtta, which was pure luck I guess.  We should all give them the gold ball right now, because no one will beat them this year.....

825508252[/snapback]

Dang, I've got 4 sets of reserved seats in Murfreesboro do you reckon I can sell them since we know the state champion already. Do you use Brasso on the gold ball or Brite and Shine? This wet weather we got comming you need to know those kinds of things cause that ball will tarnish.

For sale 4 reserved seats for the finals of the state tournament in Murfreesboro cheap!

• 2 weeks later...
this is my first poll of the season, let's see what everyone thinks!

1. mt. juliet

2. powell

3. greeneville

4. jefferson co.

5. wilson central

6. cumberland co.

7. heritage

8. mcminn co.

9. columbia

10. oakland

honarable mention- jackson north side,cleveland,cookeville,oak ridge,craigmont,hillsboro,smyrna,bartlett,dyersburg, and cordova.

probably left someone out.

825502149[/snapback]

1.Mt. Juliet

2.heritage

3.powell

4.greeneville

5.cumberland co.

6.jefferson co.

7.wilson central

8.columbia

9.cleveland

10.oakridge thumb