District 10AA

go_tigers06

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although the majority of district games has not been played yet, how will the final rankings of 10AA shake out?

825502537[/snapback]

Harpeth and Cheatham will play for first place in Feb. and the district tourney championship in March. The spoiler could be Sycamore since they are well coached

and have great post play. Creekwood is also well coached but still too young in my opinion. Stewart Co and Mont. Cent. are rebuilding and Waverly is at an all time low. How much longer will the people @ Waverly put up with that mess. Don't even get on here with excuses for that coach, that program has been on a down hill slide ever since she arrived. I thought they had reached bottom two years ago but it seems that she has started to dig. THAT SCHOOL HAS A GREAT TRADITION WITH SOME OF THE BEST PEOPLE YOU WILL EVER MEET, AND THOSE KIDS DESERVE BETTER.

I think it will come out like this:

1. Harpeth- They can pretty much score at will, but their defense will have to improve come tournament time.

2. Cheatham- I think it will be Cheat. and Harpeth in the championship game and it could go either way.

3. Sycamore- They have a chance to sneak up on everybody. They may be young, but they know how to win.

4. Creek Wood- They have to play better the 2nd half of the season. I think they're a lot like Sycamore and both teams will only get better each year.

5.6. 7. - Mont. Cen., Stewart Co., and Waverly will probably face the higher seeded teams in the tournament. These final three spots just depend on how they play against each other in the regular season.

I think its pretty clear that 1st place is a toss up between Cheatham and Harpeth. Each team is extremely talented and represents 10AA well. When Cheatham and Harpeth meet again I definitely think that Cheatham is going to win. Cheatham is a team that will not be easy to beat twice, and I think that if they want to win they will win.

My pick for third place is also a close one between Montgomery Central and Sycamore, each of these teams are young with Sophomores and Juniors as leading scorers. Mont Central has really surprised me this year, they are very quick girls and have made a big jump from last year. This team is going to do nothing but improve, as is Sycamore. Sycamore has some very talented girls that know how to win ballgames. I think these two teams should beat Waverly, CreekWood and Stewart Co. each meeting and play head to head for third in the end.

Waverly, Stewart Co, and Creek Wood are very unpredictable. They win when you least expect it and loose when they shouldn't. Creek Wood is still somewhat young, and Waverly and Stewart don't let loose and shoot enough, they hold the ball too long resulting in turn overs.

So my final picks in order are:

1. Cheatham County

2. Harpeth

3. Montgomery Central

4. Sycamore

5. Waverly Central

6. Stewart County

7. Creek Wood

Harpeth and Cheatham will play for first place in Feb. and the district tourney championship in March. The spoiler could be Sycamore since they are well coached

and have great post play. Creekwood is also well coached but still too young in my opinion. Stewart Co and Mont. Cent. are rebuilding and Waverly is at an all time low. How much longer will the people @ Waverly put up with that mess. Don't even get on here with excuses for that coach, that program has been on a down hill slide ever since she arrived. I thought they had reached bottom two years ago but it seems that she has started to dig. THAT SCHOOL HAS A GREAT TRADITION WITH SOME OF THE BEST PEOPLE YOU WILL EVER MEET, AND THOSE KIDS DESERVE BETTER.

825502698[/snapback]

Creekwood is young every year. Are they drinking from the fountain of youth over there?

Creekwood is young every year.  Are they drinking from the fountain of youth over there?

825512975[/snapback]

CREEKWOOD ONLY CARRIES ONE SENIOR, HAGEWOOD, ON THEIR ROSTER. THEY HAVE A JR. PT. GUARD, PETTY, WHO HAS STARTED SINCE HER FRESHMAN YEAR. FAYETTE AND ADAMS ARE BOTH VERY TALENTED SOPHOMORES.

CW IS GETTING A LOT OF PLAYING TIME FROM A COUPLE OF FRESHMEN AS WELL.

IF THIS TEAM CAN GET THEIR HEADS IN THE RIGHT PLACE, THEY HAVE THE TALENT TO MAKE SOME NOISE IN DISTRICT 10AA.

CREEKWOOD ONLY CARRIES ONE SENIOR, HAGEWOOD,  ON THEIR ROSTER. THEY HAVE A JR. PT. GUARD, PETTY, WHO HAS STARTED SINCE HER FRESHMAN YEAR. FAYETTE AND ADAMS ARE BOTH VERY TALENTED SOPHOMORES.

CW IS GETTING A LOT OF PLAYING TIME FROM A COUPLE OF FRESHMEN AS WELL.

IF THIS TEAM CAN GET THEIR HEADS IN THE RIGHT PLACE, THEY HAVE THE TALENT TO MAKE SOME NOISE IN DISTRICT 10AA.

825513487[/snapback]

jhawk22. Why are Creek Wood's games so low scoring? Do they hold the ball or what?

jhawk22.  Why are Creek Wood's games so low scoring?  Do they hold the ball or what?

825514014[/snapback]

CW doesn't hold the ball, I think they just like to slow the pace of the game down. They run a zone on defense, which slows the game down, and they don't push the ball very hard. CW has a hard time scoring, it will be even harder with Fayette's injury.

Edited by slick10

Creekwood is young every year.  Are they drinking from the fountain of youth over there?

825512975[/snapback]

10W40, I agree it's time Creekwood stops using the "young" team excuse and look for the real reason the team is going downhill. Having players who spend all their time worrying about being yanked out of the game could be at the root of their problems. Maybe it's time the coach try a little positive reinforcement, and let these girls who know how to play ball play ball.

10W40, I agree it's time Creekwood stops using the "young" team excuse and look for the real reason the team is going downhill.  Having players who spend all their time worrying about being yanked out of the game could be at the root of their problems. Maybe it's time the coach try a little positive reinforcement, and let these girls who know how to play ball play ball.

825515033[/snapback]

Well said. At the Rossview game last night, it looked like the Coach let the girls get into a flow. He didn't pull anyone from the game as quick as he usually does. The CW girls also ran an offense that let them "play" a little more also, something I think their point guards enjoyed. Maybe he'll stick with this game plan in their upcoming games.

Edited by slick10

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that most of you put Stewart County towards the bottom of your list. Just to get the record straight, we're currently ranked third. I know to the average outsider we may seem a little rusty, but we like to think of ourselves as a "peaking" team. Give us some time...we'll come around. But...thanks for all the encouragement...