Single A

raynoc

Dawgseyeview, you have not said anything that is misrepresented. You do not owe Kaci Bailey(Dresden) or anyone on the Gleason team anything. Your post are always well worded (makes me think you might be an English teacher). Yet, shooter20, needs to acknowledge that she has misrepresented the truth about a good player on our team, Kaci Bailey, but yet I should not be amazed she misrepresented the truth about Kaci when she misrepresented the truth about Kayla Hudson's own teammates. All of it was designed in order to make Kayla look good.  Kayla has good stats (look in today's Jackson's Sun), be proud of her, but don't make her look good at someone's else expense. If I were Kayla's relatives, I would be proud myself. I am not a relative and I am proud of what any child accomplishes both on the court and off the court. Yet as a friend of Kaci Bailey, I am proud of her accomplishments as well. I encourage you to go back and reread the post. Apparently, shooter 20 and friends did not shift through all of the above post.  RunandJump, ask an honest question. I have not seen shooter 20 give an honest answer. Where did she get her stats? Mine came from the Jackson Sun,Runand Jump quoted the Jackson Sun,  I will give her a chance to answer. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt and I should. Therefore, shooter20, you have a chance to come clean and give us the truth.

Granny knows best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825539657[/snapback]

Gran, I am glad we cleared that up. I try not to step on anyone's toes, just state my opinion in a Christian manner. Good Luck in the tournaments!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"All of the Gleason players are great...but Price and Bailey are the two to watch every time these two teams meet!"

gran, I agree with the above statement that you made. Meagan Price doesnt get enough credit for the success that Gleason has had this year. Even though she isnt the leading scorer this year, it is the little things that she does that goes unnoticed for the team. She is one of the better defensive players, very unselfish and makes everyone around her better.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

This exchange between you people has left my side hurting from laughter, and my ears red with rage.

I can assure you, that none of Kayla's family feels the need to post in her defense; or ridicule, question, or evaluate the play of Kaci Bailey and her stellar season.

The Hudson's are one of the few families that acutally behave when Dresden and Gleason get together. If fact, you wouldn't know they had a child playing by the way they conduct themselves in the bleachers. The same cannot be said for a majority of the families on either side of the gym.

Let's all realize what we have watched, and will be watching in the coming weeks. We will see 6 very good players split between these two teams. Hudson, Bailey, Levister, Wiseman, Quinton, and Price are all worth the price of admission. We will also be watching one of the best coaches in the state, along with one of the best up and coming coaches in the state of Tennessee.

The stats and "facts" in the Jackson Sun mean nothing. The only reason that Coach West and Coach Frazier even post the stats is to give their kids the recognition they deserve. Not for you knuckleheads to argue about HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS

JMHO :huh:

Edited by thebeave

What year is Kaci Baily and what year is Kayla Hudson? If I am correct, I think Kayla is a Sophomore. If Kaci is not a Freshman or Sophomore I would have to say Kayla is the better of the two. They both put up great numbers on two good TEAMS, but the upside of Kayla just being a Sophomore would put her as the better of the two in a recruiting stand point. She still has two years of defining and therefore my vote is Kayla being the better of the two.

Edney /Perry co. is #1 she has the heart/drive to be the best . She just needs a little help from her team and they could WIN state

825540780[/snapback]

Horsefly, I don't know if Edney is the best player on that team. I got one question where would that team be without weatherly and Leegan but it takes a team and good coaching to WIN state and I think Perry County has that. I got to give Perry County coaches credit with the line-up they went with in the 4th quarter againest summertown that's what they had to do to win.

Edited by fasteddie

Single Vol, Granny agrees from a recruiting standpoint. You are 100% correct. Bailey is a senior and Hudson is a sophomore.  We are not discussing which is/was better as a sophomore. If that was the discussion, Hudson would be better as a sophomore.  The problem is that shooter20 (Kayla's Hudson number is 20) states and I quote from a Jan. 26, 2005 post at 3:31 p.m. : "Hudson is better all around player. She guards the opposing team's best player regularly while averagin 17 ppg. That is better than Bailey's 15 ppg."

Here are the facts: (I will help her out, I feel sorry for 20 year old that cannot get the facts straight.)

According to the Jackson Sun, here are the facts offensively.

Hudson: 17.2 points per game, Rebounds (none are listed), assists 4.7, Steals 1.8, Field goal % 55.1,  Free throw 90.8%, 3 pointers 49.5%.

Bailey: 14.9 points per game, Rebounds 3.6, assists 3.4, Steals 1.5, Field goal % 48.7, Free throw 91.9%, 3 pointers 42.8%

On offensive as you can see, Hudson is probably the better offensive player. Shooter 20 is right for once, yet shooter20 is wrong totally on defensive.

I quote Shooter20, "She guards the opposing team's best player regularly." That is false.

DOES SHE EVER GUARD THE FOLLOWING PLAYERS REGUARLY: Bailey, Quinton, Levistor. No! Why? They will post up on her and take her to school. She guards Paige Hughes (a very good defensive player but not a major threat on offensive.)

What about S.F? Which is better offensively? Brooke Harris or Kaci Beadles?? Brooke Harris! Who does Hudson guard? Kaci Beadles.

Greenfield: Who is better offensively? Becky Atnip or Annastasia Allen??? Who does Hudson guard? Annastasia Allen

McKenzie: Who is better offensively Anna Trull or Courtney Wiggins? Trull!! Who does Hudson guard? Courtney Wiggins (As reported by Gleason sources: obviously I am not at their games)

Of the above schools: Who does Bailey guard? Brooke Harris, Becky Atnip, Anna Trull.

Of the 5 Gleason starters, only #12 plays worse defensive than Hudson #20. However, #12 did not get a chance to play much until this year. Will Hudson learn to play defensive in the next 2 years? Probably. Why? A man named Randy Frazier.

Shooter 20, How can you make the statement that Hudson regularly guards the opposing team's best player?

You have what is called tunnel vision. You are unable to see the total picture. Based on the facts, Bailey is probably better at this point. Why? She plays on both ends of the court. (Offensive players always get more recognition. That is a fact of life. Is it fair? Probably not! But it is life!) However, she has not played her best in the last several weeks. She is like a lot of kids, it is hard to stay focused when the scouts are coming.

Will Hudson be better than Bailey when she becomes a senior? If Hudson stays focused, she will probably be better. Who is better now? Depends! Yet the issue is that shooter20 never deals with the facts, only the facts that will support what is apparently her sister.

Now to quote shooter20, "I have make my point, it is time to move on!" One concluding remark:  shooter20 sometimes, not always, has a problem with the facts. That is a fact.

Granny know best!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

825540845[/snapback]

I am Kayla Hudson's sister, and I would not have known that you were talking terrible about me if people would not have told me so. I do not even fool with this website because it is usually people arguing about high school kids. My username is HALEY HUDSON so there will be no further confusion on the "facts". This my first post on coacht and will probably be my last. So I hope that I have clarified things for you. Basketball players like Kaci and Kayla do not need people like me, you, shooter20, or anyone else to build them up because they can take care of that on the court. Furthermore, I know that Kayla is much more concerned about her team winning ballgames than her personal stats. I know that I can speak for Kayla in saying that she thinks it is funny that people would get on here and argue about her, and I am sure that Kaci feels the same.

I am Kayla Hudson's sister, and I would not have known that you were talking terrible about me if people would not have told me so. I do not even fool with this website because it is usually people arguing about high school kids. My username is HALEY HUDSON so there will be no further confusion on the "facts". This my first post on coacht and will probably be my last. So I hope that I have clarified things for you. Basketball players like Kaci and Kayla do not need people like me, you, shooter20, or anyone else to build them up because they can take care of that on the court. Furthermore, I know that Kayla is much more concerned about her team winning ballgames than her personal stats. I know that I can speak for Kayla in saying that she thinks it is funny that people would get on here and argue about her, and I am sure that Kaci feels the same.

825541313[/snapback]

My apologies to you, Haley for voicing my opinion. I know for a FACT, this is a FACT, Kayla Hudson plays for the love of the game, not for the numbers. I don't know how this post went so South! As for Gran's remarks, I believe she is the one who owes you an apology now, because she didn't have the facts!!!!!! :ph34r:

Edited by dawgseyeview

825541313[/snapback]

That was beautifully put. This message board can be enjoyable, especially when I'm living outside Tennessee because I can keep up with what's going on back home. But it can also be a haven for petty, shallow arguments. Yes, Shooter20 got his facts wrong, but he promptly apologized -- a FACT that seems to have escaped some people's attention. Anyone can add up numbers incorrectly. If you've never done it, then you are a far better person than I or anyone I know. When a mistake is recognized and an apology for it is made, the person who apologized should not continue to be the subject of ridicule. After the apology is genuinely stated, it is not Shooter20 who is at fault any longer -- it is the person who continues to chastise him for an honest mistake.

And, also, I think it would be a good idea not to try to speculate about who people are on this board. I went through this last year, having people accuse me of being Ashley McElhiney (who I am most definitely not). This is a place to talk about basketball (which is a game, by the way), not to mount personal attacts or to speculate about people's alterior motives behind the opinions they express. I may only be in my 20s, but I have already learned petty arguments like the one that has been going on in this thread are not worth making.

That was beautifully put.  This message board can be enjoyable, especially when I'm living outside Tennessee because I can keep up with what's going on back home.  But it can also be a haven for petty, shallow arguments.  Yes, Shooter20 got his facts wrong, but he promptly apologized -- a FACT that seems to have escaped some people's attention.  Anyone can add up numbers incorrectly.  If you've never done it, then you are a far better person than I or anyone I know.  When a mistake is recognized and an apology for it is made, the person who apologized should not continue to be the subject of ridicule.  After the apology is genuinely stated, it is not Shooter20 who is at fault any longer -- it is the person who continues to chastise him for an honest mistake.

And, also, I think it would be a good idea not to try to speculate about who people are on this board.  I went through this last year, having people accuse me of being Ashley McElhiney (who I am most definitely not).  This is a place to talk about basketball (which is a game, by the way), not to mount personal attacts or to speculate about people's alterior motives behind the opinions they express.  I may only be in my 20s, but I have already learned petty arguments like the one that has been going on in this thread are not worth making.

825541366[/snapback]

Amen!!!!