Congrats to Angela Puleo

MHLhoops

You reckon Alcoa should QUIT playing William Blount after the beating they took last night? Its ok for the county schools to keep their starters in when the game is out of reach. But let Alcoa in football play  their 2nd an 3rd team in football an score a TD in the 4th quarter and watch out because its unsportmanship for Aloca. Maybe in the fourth quarter with 4 mins to go the game was still close..I have no problem with Puleo getting the record. But WB & Heritage folks you cant have it both ways.

825506535[/snapback]

Coach Fowler was made aware of the fact that Angela was within range of the record when she was 10 points shy of it. I applaud and respect him that he allowed her to stay in and get the record. AS SOON as she hit the basket to put her over the mark, he had a sub at the scorer's table to take her out. (As someone else pointed out, Blount just had 7 eligible players at the time).

If the situation was reversed and perhaps Kara had had a chance to do the same thing, I would hope Coach Brown would have done the same thing.

TNT, I don't think anyone from WB has been complaining about Alcoa running up the score on them in football.

And btw--to anyone--the Daily Times writer said that Angela's 43 was the county wide girl's record since the inception of 5 man ball. Is that right? I thought Cait had had a 45 or 47 point game last year. Maybe not.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most Cait has had in a game was 40 against a good Powell team in 2004. Cait is more than capable of scoring 43+ day in, day out. :P Heck, she plays half the game most of the time, and occasionally a little of the 3rd quarter. I try not to be biased but I have the honor of watching her play almost every game, she does incredible things. Nonetheless, Angela is a great player, and has a bright future, but she's a level below Cait. They're both incredible players, though. Congratulations to Angela.

GovMan (Shortboy)

I thought Sara Cross taught you to read better than that..I didnt say that WB was complaing about Alcoa runnig up the score on them in football. I believe thos games have been close in the past years.I was just giving Heritage & WB a shot for dropping Alcoa in football. In past posts i read alot where some were complaing about Alcoa scoring in the 4th quarter with Freshman,dont see much difference in letting Puleo gett record or letting FR that practice hard all year get a score. Will say it again DONT see any thing wrong with letting her get the record.

GO JETS

GovMan (Shortboy)

I thought Sara Cross taught you to read better than that..I didnt say that WB was complaing about Alcoa runnig up the score on them in football. I believe thos games have been close in the past years.I was just giving Heritage & WB a shot for dropping Alcoa in football. In past posts i read alot where some were complaing about Alcoa scoring in the 4th quarter with Freshman,dont see much difference in letting Puleo gett record or letting FR that practice hard all year get a score. Will say it again DONT see any thing wrong with letting her get the record.

GO JETS

825509236[/snapback]

TNT,

Gotta figure out who you are now ... you got me curious. Sorry if I misread. Biggest thing Mrs. Cross taught me was that if I didn't behave in class and act like somebody, she'd whup my butt with that ruler she kept in her desk. Yours' was a fair post. I'm disappointed that WB dropped Alcoa off the schedule also. I'd never complain about a team putting in their second or third string and letting them play as hard as they can. If I was a coach and somebody took it easy against me when they were beating me, I'd be mad. I do believe you can make some concessions in a blow out situation ... if football, you don't run trick plays or fake punts, etc. with a big lead late in the game. In basketball, you can call off full court pressure and drop back in a zone. But you never should ask a kid not to play his or her absolute best at any time. Agreed???

You somebody's little brother? Give me another clue my friend.

GovMan (aka-Shortboy)