Cleveland stomps Central, 113 to 30

Cleveland dominated from the tip off. Alot of people might think that the Lady Raiders ran the score up just to be harsh. But that clearly wasnt the case. Cleveland started empting their bench in the second quater. The starters did start the 2nd half, but they didnt play long. Every player on the Cleveland bench scored.

Chatt. Central showed alot of heart, never putting their head down. That #12 from Central hit about 3 threes, and their point guard is very fast and she jumps for the ball at tipoff. Chatt. Central is missing the big things that make a great team. #1 they need a "BIG" girl, #2 they need depth, #3 they need that player that can take over the game at any point and time, and #4 a little bit more Defense. My hats are off to them, they have a lot of character and heart. Good Luck to Chatt. Central and Cleveland!! thumb GO TEAMS GO!!! :D

Game was schelduled for Dec. 14th, but the Cleveland was in NYC, so this was a makeup game.

GO Lady Raiders!!!

Edited by clevelandblueraiderfan

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland dominated from the tip off. Alot of people might think that the Lady Raiders ran the score up just to be harsh. But that clearly wasnt the case. Cleveland started empting their bench in the second quater. The starters did start the 2nd half, but they didnt play long. Every player on the Cleveland bench scored.

Chatt. Central showed alot of heart, never putting their head down. That #12 from Central hit about 3 threes, and their point guard is very fast and she jumps for the ball at tipoff. Chatt. Central is missing the big things that make a great team. #1 they need a "BIG" girl, #2 they need depth, #3 they need that player that can take over the game at any point and time, and #4 a little bit more Defense. My hats are off to them, they have a lot of character and heart. Good Luck to Chatt. Central and Cleveland!! thumb  GO TEAMS GO!!! :D

Game was schelduled for Dec. 14th, but the Cleveland was in NYC, so this was a makeup game.

GO Lady Raiders!!!

825506660[/snapback]

I remember those freshman and sophomores when they were 7th and 8th graders. Our bunch from Elizabethton played them in Murfreesboro at the Middle Tennessee State University summer camp in 2002. They stomped us the first time, but we came back and beat them in the rematch by one point. Cleveland had several special players on that team. Glad to see they are still doing well, as are the Elizabethton kids.

There are no scrubs on that Cleveland team.

825508812[/snapback]

When i say "scrubs" i dont mean it in a bad way. To me "scrubs" means the kids that dont get alot of playing time. What "scrubs" mean to yall is different from what it means to me. I am a TRUE supporter of this team. I should of said the players off the bench, instead of saying "scrubs", but they mean the samething to me. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

GO LADY RAIDERS!!!!

What "scrubs" mean to yall is different from what it means to me.

"Scrub" as defined by Webster's dictionary-college edition.

1. a) a scraggly, stunted tree or shrub B) short, stunted trees or bushes.

2. a) any animal or thing smaller than the usual, or inferior in quality, breed, etc.

B) any small or insignificant person.

3. Sports a) a player not on the varsity squad or regular team.

B) a secondary or practice team made up of such players.

-adj. 1. mean; poor; inferior. 2. undersized, undernourished, or stunted.

Hopefully this will help the word "scrub" mean the same thing to you that it means

to the rest of the world.

Please....

The intent was the girls on the bench.

The fact that they put scrubs in quotation marks says that they are not really scrubs.

3. Sports-

a secondary or practice team made up of such players.

This would fit the girls that played off the bench. They are secondary players.

Your point is well taken that they are one of the best group of freshman and sophomores in the state. No one is doubting that.

Edited by mtnman

that they are one of the best group of freshman and sophomores in the state. No one is doubting that.

I am doubting that. On what basis can you say that? There are so many freshmen and sophomores in the State of Tennessee. There is no possible way that you can say that the even "one" of the best groups of freshmen and sophomores in the entire state.

I've seen them play, and they are good. But that's just it. GOOD. Not Great, not the best, just good.

The only way to determine that they are one of the best groups in the state is to wait until they are starters and "contributors" on a regular basis and advance to the state tournament. Right now, the Cleveland girl's team (coach Powell Moore) plays about 7 players, at most against good competition.

And to say the "scrubs" played, is a huge over-statement. There were at least three starters in the game in the 4th quarter with 6:00 remaining in the game. Not only I, but everyone should have a problem with that when the score is so lop-sided.

I can't and won't speak for what happened at the game, just defending the use of the word "scrubs" in the context of the statement.

Maybe one of the best is an overstatement but from the teams I have seen this year, Cleveland has a pretty talented bench. Most teams could not clear their bench and still be that compititive.

I have seen many of these girls play through middle school, and they were pretty dominate. I saw some pretty lopsided middle school games but I am sure they had times when they were getting beat in the same way.

Good luck to all.....................

There was not 3 starters on the floor with 6:00 minutes left in the 4th. Their was like 1. I can name who was on the floor.

Racheal Isom

Cacy Burnett

Kim Boyce

Michelle Davis

Kerri Simpson or Angie Wells

Kyndall Edwards, Courtney Anderson, and Michelle Smith..also got lots of playing time.

GO LADY RAIDERS!!!

Edited by clevelandblueraiderfan