Westview/Obion Co at the Pit

ParisRiverRat

OS girls bball team isn't looking at or worried or thinking about what this AP poll means!  BTW we tied for 2nd not 3rd as previously listed (and that is from a fans point of view).  This team didn't want to be listed, it is better that way. The ONLY thing that matters is District wins then Regions wins then a Sectional win that leads to the Boro. ONE GAME AT A TIME LADIES.  It doesn't matter what is said by anyone (even me), the only thing that counts is the final score on the board, just play 1 game at a time and you'll do just fine!! ALWAYS remember DEFENSE & TEAMBALL wins ballgames and I don't see and I in there anywhere.

GO LADYCATS!!!!!

825515624[/snapback]

A little touchy aren't we??? :rolleyes:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OS girls bball team isn't looking at or worried or thinking about what this AP poll means!  BTW we tied for 2nd not 3rd as previously listed (and that is from a fans point of view).  This team didn't want to be listed, it is better that way. The ONLY thing that matters is District wins then Regions wins then a Sectional win that leads to the Boro. ONE GAME AT A TIME LADIES.  It doesn't matter what is said by anyone (even me), the only thing that counts is the final score on the board, just play 1 game at a time and you'll do just fine!! ALWAYS remember DEFENSE & TEAMBALL wins ballgames and I don't see and I in there anywhere.

GO LADYCATS!!!!!

825515624[/snapback]

Good Point thumb

I think people in the district who are knowledgable would take Westview over Obion Co. nine out of ten times. Didn't Obion shoot pretty near lights out in the earlier win at Westview? Granted, Obion had the elder Romey (sp?) out last night... Still, I think we saw a slight substitution modification from the Wiz last night and I guess you'd have to say it worked out quite well. I think Hot is getting to him on the substitution pattern. Bellamy didn't start either half, but played considerable minutes, and Witherspoon played practically the whole game. Noteworthy though that Bellamy didn't start, and seemed injury-less.

I think people in the district who are knowledgable would take Westview over Obion Co. nine out of ten times. Didn't Obion shoot pretty near lights out in the earlier win at Westview? Granted, Obion had the elder Romey (sp?) out last night... Still, I think we saw a slight substitution modification from the Wiz last night and I guess you'd have to say it worked out quite well. I think Hot is getting to him on the substitution pattern. Bellamy didn't start either half, but played considerable minutes, and Witherspoon played practically the whole game. Noteworthy though that Bellamy didn't start, and seemed injury-less.

825516085[/snapback]

I would have to question the logic of taking Westview nine out of ten times. Westview shot the ball VERY well last night, and the Lady Rebs turned it over to many times. So Westview wins at OC, and OC won at Westview. Let's face the facts, there are four teams maybe five that could still be standing after the smoke of the district tournament clears. And yes, Roney, was still out. We will see in Feb.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have to question the logic of taking Westview nine out of ten times. Westview shot the ball VERY well last night, and the Lady Rebs turned it over to many times. So Westview wins at OC, and OC won at Westview. Let's face the facts, there are four teams maybe five that could still be standing after the smoke of the district tournament clears. And yes, Roney, was still out. We will see in Feb.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825516383[/snapback]

Shot the ball well????? Westview shot 32-33 % and Obion Shot 43-44 %....who shot it well????....Westview sure didn't!!!!! and still won!!!

825516085[/snapback]

What is your rational to this conclusion?

From watching the game it looked like both teams came ready to play and the house was rockin'. However, the turnovers must have been awful. It seemed like Westview turned it over about 3 times and OC turned it over about 30. There's you a few extra shots or lose of shots. Westview seem to hit the boards hard. Its hard for just one player to rebound or even give the only effort for a rebound and her just be a freshman at that! So heck you can shoot 33% from the field if you getting 80-90 shots (may be allittle high but dang it seemed like that many.)

Also you can't take anything away from Westview, they oboviously made some offensive adjustments since last time. Also Westview stepped up and hit there Fts late in the game when OC was triing to get back in it by fouling. OC looked like they didn't know how to hit a ft.

Great win for Westview tough lose for OC, but the next 2 or 3 games for both teams is gonna be a challege and can't dwell on this win or lose. Have to get ready for the next one. thumb

:justwrestle:9 out of 10 times ;) what you smokin' ???

Crowd was good, but not what you would expect for a "polled" #1vs#2 game. Of course, at the Obion gym, the volume of those present seems magnified about 5 times its normal power. :unsure: Still, a great atmosphere for the girls from both teams to play in. thumb