Guest Oakland

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a bystander of the LHS baseball program over the last five years I would say that messer had it going where it needed to go. Yea he was had a strong stance in his beliefs and believd in them, I do not blame him since where he came from was proven and that lhs had not been very successful. Given time messer's program would have shined. I also find it hard to dismantle a program that has not won more than 32 games in the last three years.

As a bystander of the LHS baseball program over the last five years I would say that messer had it going where it needed to go. Yea he was had a strong stance in his beliefs and believd in them, I do not blame him since where he came from was proven and that lhs had not been very successful. Given time messer's program would have shined. I also find it hard to dismantle a program that has not won more than 32 games in the last three years.

825565394[/snapback]

Bystanders are not aware of all that's going on. Did he put a good work program in place? Yes! Was he involved with the boys on and off the field? Yes. Was he strict with the boys and try to make good players as well as good citizens of them? Absolutely. Maybe he would have made the team shine had he not given up and left the program..who knows. There were behind the scenes goings on that the general public does not know about and does not necessarily need to know about. LHS has a GREAT coaching staff now in Sloan, Martin, Green, Harrod (all of which learned from the BEST...Cumberland coach Woody Hunt), Lowery, and Manning. We'll see what this year has to bring for these boys. Good Luck Blue Devils! thumb

I agree. Lebanon has a great coaching staff and I thinjk they will be better than years past. I know messer and a lot of his closest friends and in his defense he did not give up on the players. Like you said there were other factors that became invoved. Being from Lebanon most all my life I know how the heirarchy of politics works with the city, it's employees and their "buddies". Personally I think messer butted heads with some of these people and was not willing to fight his entire career in lebanon.