GLEASON vs DRESDEN friday night !

niketownusa

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am taking Dresden in this one....it is time for this team to show they can play with any of the top A teams around west Tennessee.

I still think Gleason and Dresden will make it this year from West TN...the game really doesn't matter. I have noticed that the people of Dresden really really want to beat Gleason....remember....the only one that matters is the last one... ;)

Edited by WesCharge

lets get this thing kickin now, i think gleason will emurge victorious again, just because, its dresden, i like dresden folks and what not, but they stink at losin, and it does make it a bit more fun to watch. dresden will try to get in a three point match with gleason and that will be exciting if gleason slacks off again and misses tons of shots, but if glesaon is shooting like they should, it will be bad for anyone who tries to match gleason shooting 3's, including dresden and kaci-i-hit-a-30ft-3-against-trenton-that-was-awesome-bailey, so good luck for all ya'll

Hmmm....2 of the best teams in the state mixing it up in one of the biggest rivalries in the state....sounds like a winner to me. If I had to pick, Gleason is the better team of the two. They are sound at every position, they have the better coach, and they are not quite as "up-and-down" as Dresden. Don't get me wrong, Dresden will come to this game ready to play because they do want to win this game badly. I don't think Gleason will have another South Fulton type relapse on the shooting end. It may happen again later in the season, but I don't think it will happen at Dresden on Friday night. Look for Hudson and Company to light Dresden up from 3 while Bailey keeps the Lady Lions close through 3 1/2 quarters. Gleason by 7.

This game will be well played on both parts. Both teams are very fundamental and play extremely hard on defense. The game will be decided in the fourth quarter, and may depend on late game execution and free-throws. If Dresden can avoid having any long scoring droughts, they will put themselves in a better position to win.

One thing is for sure, there will not be a better high school basketball atmosphere anywhere in the state.

Look for each team's bench to play a major role in the outcome. The team that gets the most contributions from their bench players will have the advantage. Should be well worth the price of admission.

One of the greatest basketball Atmosphere games I had the pleasure to watch last season was the Gleason/Dresden game in the regional tournament. Outstanding job performed by both sqauds as the Lady Dawgs came from behind for the win to advance.. That bad taste is still in the mouths of the Lady Lions who have a size advantage inside and Coach Frazier's club will have their work cut out for them.

Hudson & Bailey, Two of the best 1A guards in the state thumb

No doubt that the Lady BullDogs and Lady Lions will bring their best games Friday night. These two schools have one of the most intense rivalries I have ever seen in hgih school ball.

Look for Levister and Bailey to step it up for the Lions, as well as Hughes, Rook and Dubriel who have all been playing great the last few games. Freshman Stephanie Patterson might be a sleeper shooter if Bailey and Levister draw lots of pressure.

Hudson is a gem to watch for Gleason and her supporting cast adds a variety of skills from all corners of the floor.

Dresden will have a tough time if it becomes a ball control game, but I think the Lions will ROAR with a victory Friday night in Dresden.

Dresden 45, Gleason 41

Didn't know Dresden had a freshman named Stephanie Patterson. Her name is Stephanie Riggs, Sophomore guard is Cassie Patterson.

Dresden by 3.

No doubt that the Lady BullDogs and Lady Lions will bring their best games Friday night.  These two schools have one of the most intense rivalries I have ever seen in hgih school ball.

Look for Levister and Bailey to step it up for the Lions, as well as Hughes, Rook and Dubriel who have all been playing great the last few games.  Freshman Stephanie Patterson might be a sleeper shooter if Bailey and Levister draw lots of pressure.

Hudson is a gem to watch for Gleason and her supporting cast adds a variety of skills from all corners of the floor.

Dresden will have a tough time if it becomes a ball control game, but I think the Lions will ROAR with a victory Friday night in Dresden.

Dresden 45, Gleason 41

825518114[/snapback]

A true basketball fans type of game. The atmosphere will be awesome come friday night at the lion's den. The best part is these two teams could see each other two to three more times this year. What a great district and region we have here in west tennessee. expect a close game and since both teams shoot free throws so well the game will be decided by execution and limiting turnovers.