lighthouse christian

gowiththeflow_6

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know anything about how Lighthouse Christian is doing?  i know they are just a small school and not even recognized by the TSSAA, but i was just interested in their record?

825514978[/snapback]

If you are referring to the Light House Christian in Nashville (Antioch) it isnt that they arent recognized by the TSSAA. they chose to drop out of the TSSAA....

It was hard for them to compete within the confines of the guidelines of the TSSAA so now they are an independent school whom has to follow virtually no rules or regulations....

Their coaching staffs are two of the most inexperienced and immature groups in the nashville area. However they are relatively good recruiters. Straight from the Community Center down the street....

They have a hard time scheduling games for no one will schedule them a second time because of the attitudes and tactics displayed in games.

I do not mean to bash them but this is the truth..... They have one player in particular whom is a Div. II prospect but because of the decision to go to LightHouse he may never get that chance.....

If you are referring to the Light House Christian in Nashville (Antioch) it isnt that they arent recognized by the TSSAA.  they chose to drop out of the TSSAA....

It was hard for them to compete within the confines of the guidelines of the TSSAA so now they are an independent school whom has to follow virtually no rules or regulations....

Their coaching staffs are two of the most inexperienced and immature groups in the nashville area.  However they are relatively good recruiters.  Straight from the Community Center down the street....

They have a hard time scheduling games for no one will schedule them a second time because of the attitudes and tactics displayed in games.

I do not mean to bash them but this is the truth.....  They have one player in particular whom is a Div. II prospect but because of the decision to go to LightHouse he may never get that chance.....

825515009[/snapback]

Here we go with recruiting again. :D

They played in the Temple tournament last week in Chattanooga. I think they did ok although their record wasn't that great. I didn't get to see them play.

I had not heard of them so I asked one of the coaches about them. He said they are not in TSSAA because they go out and get kids to play for them. I think this is generally known about Lighthouse. If they chose not to be apart of TSSAA then they don't have to live by those rules. It shouldn't be a problem.

My problem would come in representing a supposedly Christian school with bad attitudes. Again, I haven't seen them play so I can't speak to that. It is the coaches responsibility to control the kids. Kids are going to be kids even at a Christian school but if coaches don't act like adults, then they shouldn't be coaching. (not making any allegations about Lighthouse, just general comments)

They are not breaking any rules by recruiting.

They played in the Temple tournament last week in Chattanooga.  I think they did ok although their record wasn't that great.  I didn't get to see them play.

I had not heard of them so I asked one of the coaches about them.  He said they are not in TSSAA because they go out and get kids to play for them.  I think this is generally known about Lighthouse.  If they chose not to be apart of TSSAA then they don't have to live by those rules.  It shouldn't be a problem.

My problem would come in representing a supposedly Christian school with bad attitudes.  Again, I haven't seen them play so I can't speak to that.  It is the coaches responsibility to control the kids. Kids are going to be kids even at a Christian school but if coaches don't act like adults, then they shouldn't be coaching.  (not making any allegations about Lighthouse, just general comments)

They are not breaking any rules by recruiting.

825516124[/snapback]

And they are gaining nothing in athletics.

They have a pretty good team. I watched them play in the Chattanooga Challenge last weekend. They have pretty good size -- but they're not unstoppable. Temple beat them 54-44. And Lighthouse beat CPA for the second time 53-47. I heard that their best player was going to play D1 somewhere -- but I'm not sure where it was he was supposed to be going.

They have a pretty good team. I watched them play in the Chattanooga Challenge last weekend. They have pretty good size -- but they're not unstoppable. Temple beat them 54-44. And Lighthouse beat CPA for the second time 53-47. I heard that their best player was going to play D1 somewhere -- but I'm not sure where it was he was supposed to be going.

825516150[/snapback]

I have had to evaluate the particular kid you are talking about and I might be wrong but I dont think he will be going to a Div. I school... I do know of one Div. II school that expressed an interest but have backed away for various reasons...