CBHS Duals

Wrestle90

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My comments were not excuses we wrestled very well. My compliant is with the ref named named MArking who for years has been more interested in watching the crowd and making comments to the folks watching the match. Two years agao he had a blonde girlfriend in the stands and actually turned and ask her where the were going to dinner that night.In the middle of a match. The other gentleman appeared to be unable to get down on the mat to check shoulders for a pin. If anyone on the board call those excuses so be it.

For the record I think my Beloved Irish wrestled very well. losing to Bradley Central by 15 is not bad. If fact it is pretty darn good.

Irishdad,

The one guy who couldn't get down on the mat to look for a pin had "bowel problems". The other ref you are talking about injured his neck and jaw the night before and could not focus on the mat in front of him due to too much pain. If he did not exercise his jaw muscles during the match it would have locked up on him.

These are not excuses. Just proud of how the beloved refs did this past weekend with such tough critics in the gym.

A few things...first darn fine job by my Beloved Irish...We had some very fine teams that we went against. Our maych with Bradley was very close we virtually gave up two pins due to injuries. if they wrestle healthy it is closer. but such is the sport. .  the 15 point spread may not look like it but it was a back and forth battle, the Whitt did his thing Morales, Mayo and Oddo were very strong. Props to some not mentioned names Demille, Walsh, Garrett,  and Hagerty, Then came Davis Dempsey he was tuff.  None of My Beloved Irish gave an inch I was very proud of the fight they all gave.

825522155[/snapback]

You must have been in the bathroom during the match because you didn't see the same match I saw.

This is largely directed at IrishDad, but is open to others' comments as well.

Three of the officials on that list are excellent, consistent refs. Your comments are totally out of line. Kenny and the Markings are solid, and, as I said, consistent. There is no bias. UNLIKE your own home cooked refs, with their legendary, unparalelled favoritism and whom I have watched anabashedly favor Ryan, MBA, and the Simpsons in particular, like the time Spencer Manley pinned P Simpson in the state semis at Ryan, when Manley was a freshman, and J Hudgens stopped it for NON-EXISTENT blood. Simpson came back to win, if course, and every year there are calls like this in Ryan's own tournament. The Markings don't play favorites and are easy to discuss with. Kenny calls as consistent as they come as maintains excellent control of the mats. Your comments are off base, and you are being a sore loser. Get over it.

Seeing both teams a week apart at this point of the season, taking into account the way Franklin hung with Mater Dei, and how well my Beloved, third or fourth ranked Irish did against Bradley, It is my fervent opinion that Franklin would hurt them.  Not only have they improved since early in the season they have added Joe Oddo for eat least an extra 3 a match. And yes my Irish are pretty dang good(except for the areas were we are weak).  I thank you ofr what I percieved as a compliment to my Irish,

(ALL OPINIONS OF THE IRISHDAD ARE HIS AND HIS ALONE THE ARE APPROVED NOR ENDORSED BY THE SCHOOL)

825522468[/snapback]

So, you think Franklin had improved, but Braldey hasen't. I don't think Bradley sits on their past wins, they prepare for the next one!

You must have been in the bathroom during the match because you didn't see the same match I saw.

825523552[/snapback]

Your opinion on my Beloved Irish means sooo much to me. Maybe you were the perv who followed me into the bathroom and kept staring..I should be used to it. . And winning seven against Bradley is strong. My Irsh are very Proud of their weekend...and so am I>

Edited by irishdad

This is largely directed at IrishDad, but is open to others' comments as well.

Three of the officials on that list are excellent, consistent refs. Your comments are totally out of line. Kenny and the Markings are solid, and, as I said, consistent. There is no bias. UNLIKE your own home cooked refs, with their legendary, unparalelled favoritism and whom I have watched anabashedly favor Ryan, MBA, and the Simpsons in particular, like the time Spencer Manley pinned P Simpson in the state semis at Ryan, when Manley was a freshman, and J Hudgens stopped it for NON-EXISTENT blood. Simpson came back to win, if course, and every year there are calls like this in Ryan's own tournament. The Markings don't play favorites and are easy to discuss with. Kenny calls as consistent as they come as maintains excellent control of the mats. Your comments are off base, and you are being a sore loser. Get over it.

825523620[/snapback]

The Markings would probably not be alllowed to call JV matches in Nashville or Chattanooga. This is a widely held opinion by anyone who does not ride the purple wave, & if you are stupid enough to try and put them in the class with the Simpsons, Tim Able and the other grat refs in Nashville then you deserve them. As for home cooking at CBHS it ain't just the chicken on the George Foreman.

Any way you slice it when a ref turns and speaks to the crowd making jokes and ebing soo darn cute he should have his stripes taken away, And that is your boy Markings. and this has been going on for the last three years. As for the older guy that could not even get down to check for a pin. A CBHA parent told me that he had bad Arthiritis and had trouble getting up and down. So again I am right ..at least our refs can get down and make a call.

Lets look at Phillip Simpson and where he is today???? I believe he is ranked 3rd or 4th oin the Nation. I don't belive he needs any help froma a ref. Jeff Hudgens is an old Antioch grad no affiliation wiht RYan or MBA..nice try but no go...you sound soo bitter and hurt having to dig up ancient history to try and bad mouth our refs. Lets live in the present where yours definitley need some help..

Edited by irishdad

The Markings would probably not be alllowed to call JV matches in Nashville or Chattanooga. This is a widely held opinion by anyone  who does not ride the purple wave, & if you are stupid enough to try and put them in the class with the Simpsons, Tim Able and the  other grat refs in Nashville then you deserve them. As for home cooking at CBHS it ain't just the chicken on the George Foreman.

Any way you slice it when a ref turns and speaks to the crowd making jokes and ebing soo darn cute he should have his stripes taken away, And that is your boy Markings. and this has been going on for the last three years.  As for the older guy that could not even get down to check for a pin. A CBHA parent told me that he had bad Arthiritis and had trouble getting up and down. So again I am right ..at least our refs can get down and make a call.

825523733[/snapback]

You opinion on my Beloved Irish means sooo much to me. Maybe you were the perv who followed me into the bathroom. And winning seven against Bradley is strong.

825523724[/snapback]

So much name calling. "Stupid, perv.", nice way to represent your beloved Irish.

You may want to be careful, maybe those parents will take back your IrishDad hat, and then where will you be? :lol:

Being a wrestler, you do see a big difference when you wrestle a match, how the ref acts. Being from Collierville, we always go up to Kenwood, McGavock, and Father Ryan to wrestle some good tournaments, and of course, they aren't the same refs. Different refs do their job different ways, case closed. Some refs up in middle tennessee like to call their pins insanely quick, but others down in the Memphis area tend to take their time, and give the person getting pinned full chance to get off his back. All the refs I saw did a great job as far as our matchs, and I heard 0 complaints from other wrestlers during the duals. Sure there were contraversial calls, but thats what makes it fun! Wrestler's really don't care guys! We go out there to win, checkpoint. Im not going to say anything about favorism with Father Ryan or MBA, but I do think that refs take it alittle more personally when its their own local teams wrestling. Irishdad, you have a legitiment complaint, but it is over and done. By the way, the fans should be calm during the match and not always screaming at the ref to do something.. Refs give out warnings to the audience when they feel threatened or feel hostility from the fans. Just calm down and let the boys wrestle, ok?! And let the refs do their job..If you think they are so bad down here, why don't you come down here and ref for us.

Kent beat him last time we went against CBHS, yes..As I remember, It wasn't even close..I don't really agree with the refs' calls during any of the matchs between CBHS and CHS, like during the end of the match when Alsobrook got two for the reversal.....But oh well..Thats wrestling. Kent took it pretty hard, but its alright..he will be back and better then ever.

825521425[/snapback]

Kent is a great wrestler, no doubt about that, but give William his credit. There is a reason that he is atop the state rankings. They are both very talented wrestlers and I for one enjoy watching them battle it out.

P.S. neither one of them should get down about their matches, I know all wrestlers hate to loose but they both have very bright futures.