MLK @ David Lipscomb 1/18

Mustang maniac

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The key to this game will be Lipscomb's ability to handle

Kris Smith. He is a quick leaper and excellent scorer.

Lipscomb's big guys need to control Smith and stay

out of foul trouble.

All that said, Lipscomb is on a roll and will win a nail biter

at home (DL 58 MLK 55).

Yeah, DL's gaurds can play, but I don't think that they can hang with Johnny and John. But something that no one has talked about is the post. Everyone assumes that Brock and Mays will take it to MLK; however, don't forget about the Smiths (Clarence and Kris). If MLK moves Kris to the inside, look for Brock to have a sub-par game.

BIG BEN

There are alot of talented high school players in this one. Johnny Lee I believe is the X factor. He does not get the recognition he deserves. He is a D-1 talent but just to small I think. Without him MLK wouldn't be the team they are. If DLHS can contain him (If thats possible) they should have a good chance to get the W. Should be a good one either way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I decided to drop in on the CoachT nation today and found an interesting topic. First off, I would like to congratulate timbdp on being the most consistent poster in CoachT history. Now, on to my prediction: I don't see MLK handling the post players from DL. In turn, I give MLK the advantage at the guard positions. Defenses will reign supreme. Every prediction I have seen sounds high to me. I say, thanks to the advantage on the boards...

DL: 44

MLK: 41

It's going to be nothing less than a great game.

If Doc will let his horses run, MLK by 20+.  If he chooses to play 'chess,' it'll be low scoring and close.

825525044[/snapback]

Nice use of the irony technique: horses - cute. Close game... everyone says so but you; way to go out on a very unstable, and in fact, totally incorrect limb. If you could do me a favor: Stand up. Face your computer. Do a 180. Now Walk. Walk. Walk. SIT DOWN! Now you just stay right there, three paces from your keyboard.

You got people on here saying stuff about how the Smith brothers can contain Mayes and Brock down low ... are they strong enough to do that? I remember seeing them last year and all I saw was 2 fairly skinny, but tall, kids. You can ask Greenbrier (catsbball) about the strength down low of Brock. Sure, Greenbrier definitely has 2 or 3 guys that are really tall, but that doesn't really matter if they don't have the strength to play defense down low. Brock is a workhorse down low, just ask anyone who has played D against him down there ... I have. Mayes is not AS strong , but he definitely is strong and will seal you out down there ...