My Beloved Irish VS The Big red

irishdad

Another unbiased opinion as my school can only hope to have this caliber of wrestling.

To clear a few things up, the 171 wrestler from MBA was not fighting off a pin. He was also slammed to the mat when his shoulder popped out. Has anyone heard of a shoulder popping out when fighting off a pin? He must have been doing some serious thrusting for that to happen.

The 140 match, major props to the MBA kid for continuing. Clearly and illegal slam, he could have called the match and gotten 6 for the team. Instead he still should have won. No one is even bringing up the fact that the takedown in the last seconds was questionable. Sure the Ryan wrestler was behind him, but the MBA kid was not even on the ground.

I felt the difference in the match was the 130 match. Everyone was expecting the Oddo kid to get the pin and he nearly lost.

Overall, it was a battle of two excellent programs and two classy coaches. I was proud to witness this civil yet explosive competition between two historic rivals.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another unbiased opinion as my school can only hope to have this caliber of wrestling.

To clear a few things up, the 171 wrestler from MBA was not fighting off a pin.  He was also slammed to the mat when his shoulder popped out.  Has anyone heard of a shoulder popping out when fighting off a pin?  He must have been doing some serious thrusting for that to happen.

The 140 match, major props to the MBA kid for continuing.  Clearly and illegal slam, he could have called the match and gotten 6 for the team.  Instead he still should have won.  No one is even bringing up the fact that the takedown in the last seconds was questionable.  Sure the Ryan wrestler was behind him, but the MBA kid was not even on the ground.

I felt the difference in the match was the 130 match.  Everyone was expecting the Oddo kid to get the pin and he nearly lost.

Overall, it was a battle of two excellent programs and two classy coaches.  I was proud to witness this civil yet explosive competition between two historic rivals.

825542925[/snapback]

How do you call an illegal slam when he has a single leg takedown going and attempting to bring him to the mat, he did not pick him up over his shoulder, simply a move where Hall should have tried to land on his table rather than wrestle off his back. First you say this was a good call by the ref, but the next takedown was a questionable call!? Wrestling's a tough sport.

Irishdad, If MBA did send out a wrestler to suck the mat and not get pinned it should bring back flashbacks of what happened at Clarksville when your 215 did the same thing for 6 minutes.

Sometimes that is just your job.

825542910[/snapback]

I agree that is the nature of this sport. But just likeyour 215 Mayo did everything he could to win.

Mrs. Irishdad, being married to Irishdad, would DEFINITELY be an expert in horse manure.

I edited the aforementioned statement.  Thanks RMC for bringing the Irishdad-like spelling to my attention.

825542883[/snapback]

Dear Blue Punk,

YOU HAVE CROSSED THE LINE. I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT ME OR TO ME BUT IF YOU INSULT MY WIFE AGAIN I HUNT YOUR TAIL DOWN AND YOU WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH ME. CLEAR???

Edited by irishdad

Dear Blue Punk,

YOU HAVE CROSSED THE LINE. I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT ME OR TO ME BUT IF YOU INSULT MY WIFE AGAIN I HUNT YOUR TAIL DOWN AND YOU WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH ME.  CLEAR???

825542980[/snapback]

Irishdad:

Cool your jets! There was absolutely no insult to your wife at all! Once again, you let the trees get in the way of the forest.

If you were to READ my statement, you would realize I was merely stating what any frequent visitor to this site already knows: you are an expert at shoveling horse manure. A fact, your wife, as the one who knows you best, should surely be able to confirm.

Again, the previous statement was not insult to your wife or any member of your family.

P.S. Do you have a twin brother who posts on this site under the name "BartlettDad"? :huh:

Irishdad:

Cool your jets!  There was absolutely no insult to your wife at all!  Once again, you let the trees get in the way of the forest.

If you were to READ my statement, you would realize I was merely stating what any frequent visitor to this site already knows:  you are an expert at shoveling horse manure.  A fact, your wife, as the one who knows you best, should surely be able to confirm. 

Again, the previous statement was not insult to your wife or any member of your family.

P.S. Do you have a twin brother who posts on this site under the name "BartlettDad"? :huh:

825543028[/snapback]

My jets are fine..no matter what you meant I took it as an insult....as did my wife. .no trees no forest no BS ..just leave her out any post period...No I do not have any brother in Bartlett

Lesson learned from the Ryan/MBA match....

When working an outside cradle, the offensive wrestler's bottom knee goes in the hip and not under the back thereby blocking your opponent's shoulder from touching the mat. This cost Ryan the match.

and the "slam" was a slam, he drove dude down with his shoulder in the sternum, land squarely on top of his chest, shoulder first. All the Ryan kid had to do was hit a knee first. When you hit a knee first you come down slow and under control and are in a better position to rest your opponent right on his back. But the Ryan kid won anyways so it didnt matter.

What an awesome match to watch, regardless of who won.

Edited by stovepipe

When working an outside cradle, the offensive wrestler's bottom knee goes in the hip and not under the back thereby blocking your opponent's shoulder from touching the mat. This cost Ryan the match.

and the "slam" was a slam, he drove dude down with his shoulder in the sternum, land squarely on top of his chest, shoulder first. All the Ryan kid had to do was hit a knee first. When you hit a knee first you come down slow and under control and are in a better position to rest your opponent right on his back. But the Ryan kid won anyways so it didnt matter.

825543087[/snapback]

Oh okay....well thank goodness you were there to explain to all of us morans. And the Ryan "kid" has a name, he's one of the best "kids" you'll ever meet....Matt Morales.

Irishdad:

Cool your jets!  There was absolutely no insult to your wife at all!  Once again, you let the trees get in the way of the forest.

If you were to READ my statement, you would realize I was merely stating what any frequent visitor to this site already knows:  you are an expert at shoveling horse manure.  A fact, your wife, as the one who knows you best, should surely be able to confirm. 

P.S. Do you have a twin brother who posts on this site under the name "BartlettDad"? :angry:

825543028[/snapback]

Ditto...

I won't sleep tonight, I just agreed with whirlywhatshisname...

825543087[/snapback]

Funny the ref told me today that he thought Mayo was so gassed that he actually squeezed so hard he lifted the kids shoulder of the mat. If he would have eased his grip a ;ittle it would have been 6

But I would like to thank you for being such a genius....maybe you can drop by Ryan and teach our 160 how to cradle..he has such a bad cradle...please come show us how it is done.

AS for Mr Morales he did not slam that kid...if the kid was sooo injured how did he finish so strong? I think he knew his tail was about to be pinned....

First off, I dont know any of the wrestlers or their names, besides the "famous" ones (Simpson and Dunning) so i think ryan kid and mba kid will work.

Second, in an outside cradle, where does the knee go? In the side! What was Pat Simpson yelling for the "ryan kid" to do? Put his knee in the side! What prevented the pin? The knee under the back. Where was the Ryan kid's knee? Not in the side. Sure there may have been other factors, but technique gets you a long way. I will admit the Ryan Kid is good at getting the cradle in, nice long arms and good set up, but the attention to details wins the big matches.

I will be happy to have a cradle clinic any time, just ask and pay the fee.

Edited by stovepipe

First off, I dont know any of the wrestlers or their names, besides the "famous" ones (Simpson and Dunning) so i think ryan kid and mba kid will work.

Second, in an outside cradle, where does the knee go? In the side! What was Pat Simpson yelling for the "ryan kid" to do? Put his knee in the side! What prevented the pin? The knee under the back. Where was the Ryan kid's knee? Not in the side. Sure there may have been other factors, but technique gets you a long way. I will admit the Ryan Kid is good at getting the cradle in, nice long arms and good set up, but the attention to details wins the big matches.

I will be happy to have a cradle clinic any time, just ask and pay the fee.

825543132[/snapback]

I rescind my request for a cradle clinic. I forgot we have enough hot air in our wrestling room from the heaters you may overload us.

. And now you know more than the ref on the mat. I think the "kid on the mat" does know a little about the cradle. He will be fine. Since "one of the famous ones" Coach Dunning and Simpson have worked with him for years on just that move. But I am sure the great Pipe would be a better Coach than those two. Yeah remind me where it is you Coach? Never mind I remember ...no where !!!.

And do not insult us by saying you only know the famous names!