My Beloved Irish VS The Big red

irishdad

Congrats to MBA for winning the Region this year I dont think anyone is taking that away from them and like you said Ryan gets the Silver Ball, but if I am not mistaken in wrestling they have 9 Gold Balls (Dual State Championships) and maybe has 0 Gold Balls? If thats what you were implying. No matter how good these teams are year in and year out it always seems to be a battle on the mat and ends up pretty close.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to MBA for winning the Region this year I dont think anyone is taking that away from them and like you said Ryan gets the Silver Ball, but if I am not mistaken in wrestling they have 9 Gold Balls (Dual State Championships) and maybe has 0 Gold Balls?  If thats what you were implying.

825546886[/snapback]

"silverballs" was not implying that. Think football - after 1996 - to figure out which school "silverballs" primarily supports.

As an outsider I offer a different perpsective on this match and rivalry.

I am here to enjoy the sport and learn about the teams and the wrestlers.  With that said, I am not here to learn about the dads.  IrishDad, I am a civil poster and will continue to be that way.  You seem to want to challenge everyone that posts on here.  I care not for Ryan or MBA, I am a fan of a team who has collected way to many Silver Balls in the trophy case lately.  I'll let you figure that out.

Instead of wanting to regulate everyone on this thread, maybe try spending more time with the RYAN 160 and get him to get his knee in the hip.

825546818[/snapback]

It is humorous that you make an uncivil comment on a post that you claim to be "a civil poster". You say you are not here to learn about the dad's but then feel compelled to make a "civli" comment on how I should spend my time. What an incredible paradox.

Again what I do and what the "RYAN 160" does is really none of your business. His cradles are just fine. He has enough Coaching from experts in the sport without any input from me.

Your time and energy should be directed toward getting some Gold Balls. I'll let you figure that one out.

I do agree MBA has definitely dominated in football since Ryan's last state championship in 97'

825547043[/snapback]

Agreed, but remember that "silverballs" has stated he is neither an MBA nor a Ryan fan. He's neutral.

Click on his screen name. Then click on "Find member's posts". See his posts. Then, his screen name will make sense.

Edited by rollredroll

It is humorous that you make an uncivil comment on a post that you claim to be "a civil poster".  You say you are not here to learn about the dad's but then feel compelled to make a "civli" comment on how I should spend my time. What an incredible paradox.

Again what I do and what the "RYAN 160" does is really none of your business. His cradles are just fine. He has enough Coaching from experts in the sport without any input from me.

Your time and energy should be directed toward getting some Gold Balls. I'll let you figure that one out.

825547069[/snapback]

As an outsider, I am coming to this from a whole different perspective. Football is the sport I follow the most, and thanks to a few of the posters, I see that wrestling also has a following a nice following.

I want to wish all the wrestlers from the midstate goodluck this weekend including the wrestlers from Father Ryan, MBA, and Irishdad.

congratulations to MBA beating FRHS. TO be hoenst I do not have as much faith in the Irish as past. DIfferent team with a bad attitude. Not to talk trash about them though. They are still a very good Father Ryan team with good potential. It just suprises me how welll MBA is doing.

Oh, and congratulations to MBA for beating us in a sport BESIDES football and lacrosse :D

congratulations to MBA beating FRHS. TO be hoenst I do not have as much faith in the Irish as past. DIfferent team with a bad attitude. Not to talk trash about them though. They are still a very good Father Ryan team with good potential. It just suprises me how welll MBA is doing.

Oh, and congratulations to MBA for beating us in a sport BESIDES football and lacrosse  <_<

825547410[/snapback]

Anytime a team has 10 new starters out of 14 wrestlers, chances are you are not going to repeat as State Champs. Ryan wrestled 3 freshmen against MBA, when was the last time that happened? I don't know any examples bad attitudes on the mat, the Irish will be back.

MBA has a great coach, great facilities, great support. When you consider what Coach Pat Simpson has done over the years, with limited resources, compared to just about every other DII team in TN, it's a great accomplishment. Ever seen the facilities at McCallie, Baylor, and the amount of coaches they have for wrestling?

congratulations to MBA beating FRHS. TO be hoenst I do not have as much faith in the Irish as past. DIfferent team with a bad attitude. Not to talk trash about them though.

Your screen name Father Ryan Wrestling.....that's some name you've chosen there. It is very disheartening to read such negative remarks about a school in which you obviously have a love for. I have been watching these young men off and on all season. I personally know several.

I have never once witnessed a bad attitude. They are hard working, God fearing, wonderful young men. How can you say this? What actions have they shown to you that deems you to say they have a bad attitude?

Like the poster before me said; Ryan has such limitations compared to all the other D2 schools. Their weight room is the size of most people's closets, Fr. Ryan's money is very lilmited, they pay for their own warm ups and stuff, I personally think they have great spirit, pride, and attitude. And Coach Schoen (sp?) is a great addition to Ryan wrestling. He is superb in his knowledge and attitude, and you can tell he truly loves those wrestlers. Coach Simp is an icon at FRHS.

Please be careful using such harsh accusations in the future. These are all great guys and everyone of them cares about each other and their team and their school.

Take care and good luck to all the guys this weekend in Clarksville! Go IRISH!

Like the poster before me said; Ryan has such limitations compared to all the other D2 schools. Their weight room is the size of most people's closets, Fr. Ryan's money is very lilmited, they pay for their own warm ups and stuff, I personally think they have great spirit, pride, and attitude. And Coach Schoen (sp?) is a great addition to Ryan wrestling. He is superb in his knowledge and attitude, and you can tell he truly loves those wrestlers. Coach Simp is an icon at FRHS.

825548143[/snapback]

Please do keep in mind that Father Ryan still has great facilities compared to many other DII schools, I know of many still practicing in cafeterias, etc. Yes the facilities at Baylor and McCallie are impressive but I know kids on teams who would kill to have what the Purple Irish have. Goodluck to eveyone this weekend.