My Beloved Irish VS The Big red

irishdad

Whoa!  Decaf, definitely decaf.  (Does Guinness and/ or Jameson's come in decaf?)  There is no reason to be so hostile and start threatening people with a fate that would certainly be worse than death:  having to have a private conversation with you and actually listening to you mindlessly drone on about the great Irish wrestling team as you live vicariously through the ups and downs of Ryan's season.  Oftentimes, it appears that you are looking for a fights where they do not exist.

And another thing Good ole Irish-blow-his-top, you should really try to keep your eye on the ball. After all, unlike Ryan's 189, 275, 103, 112, 135, 145, and 152, your son actually WON his match against MBA.  You should be pleased with his string showing and feel good about his chances to place in the 160 pound weight class at the DII state tournament. 

Lastly, no one said your son cost Ryan the match.  As you should know, the loss was a team effort with all 14 boys sharing equal responsibility.

825544375[/snapback]

I thought my son wreslted great , I am always proud of him win or lose. because he wrsltes with heart and fire.

as for you comment the I live vicariously thru my irish..I do care a great deal for the team its coaches and parents...being an alumni and paretns gives me that right....if you see that as "mindlessly droning on" that is your opinion and opinions are like stovepipes everyone has one.

Edited by irishdad

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The passion and pride is apparent in some of the posters, but this has gone over board. As an outsider, I like to hear about the match, the wrestlers, and the coaches. All I know now is who the dads are that post on here.

The pride in your son is oustanding but the measure in which it is displayed is emabarrasing. Does he know you post on here? I hope not.

The passion and pride is apparent in some of the posters, but this has gone over board.  As an outsider, I like to hear about the match, the wrestlers, and the coaches.  All I know now is who the dads are that post on here.

The pride in your son is oustanding but the measure in which it is displayed is emabarrasing.  Does he know you post on here?  I hope not.

825544483[/snapback]

Dear Balls,

Just stay an outsider...that seems to be where you belong. If you can judge me , Not even your job..on one post then stay outside and keep your opinion inside. If you want to know about a match try attending one and see it first hand.

the only real embarrassment is choosing a screen name of Silverballs ...get some help...

I am not bragging about my son and never have intended to. Just trying to set the recaord straight. He can make his own way and always has. I do accept that I have bragged about Ryans wrestlers coaches and parents. They deserve it .....

I think maybe everyone on on this board should read Lee Connells post on what this board should be about..see Mc v Baylor thread.

825544359[/snapback]

Maybe you ought to take some of your own advice. Although, if we all wrote messages like Lee wanted us too; then this message board wouldn't be worth reading, but some individuals let there loyalties adn biases get in the way of sound judgement. Here is sound judgement: next weekend will be a showdown between Baylor, McCallie, Irishdad's beloved Irish (i guess that means Father Ryan), and MBA, and I think that they will finish in that respective order.

Irishdad as an adult on a high school wrestling website, stand up straight and control yourself. As I read your post I would think your life and home depened on this one match. Does it really mater what is said on this site by people who hide behind screen names? Please put things in prospective. Hug your son and his team and get ready for Clarksville.

thumb thumb

I didnt say that the Ryan kid slammed him intentionally. No way did he do that.  But, a slam does not have to be intentional. Anytime you lift your opponent off the mat, you are responsible for his safe return.  You could drop the guy, intentionally or not, and its still a slam. But remember, in this situation it was all for not because Ryan won that match anyways.

mmmmmm.....Im a jerk? because I only know the names of the kids who have parents who have been in wrestling in Tennessee a long time????? I dont hang out at high school practices like you know who. 

Does anyone know if the 171 punder from MBA and Ryan had wrestled before last friday? If so, what was the outcome?

825544144[/snapback]

Irishdad  as an adult on a high school wrestling website, stand up straight and control yourself.  As I read your post I would think your life and home depened on this one match.  Does it really mater what is said on this site by people who hide behind screen names?  Please put things in prospective.  Hug your son and his team and get ready for Clarksville.

825545298[/snapback]

Well said. Clarksville should be exciting for all of us fans.

The MBA vs. Ryan rivalry is big in all sports. I have enjoyed watching them compete over the years. The rivalry has drifted one way in the past 10 years and that is apparent in MBA beating Ryan at their best sport.

Pick it up Irish!!! We the fans need that rivalry re-flamed.

What do you mean MBA has beat Ryan at their best sport the last 10 years?? Do you mean that MBA has dominated the Irish in wrestling? Its obvious that MBA beat Ryan this year, but I dont think they have dominated in wrestling maybe in football, but not wrestling. I am not sure if you went to the basketball game once again this year and Ryan won by 25 or so I am not sure what you are saying Balls???

Irishdad  as an adult on a high school wrestling website, stand up straight and control yourself.  As I read your post I would think your life and home depened on this one match.  Does it really mater what is said on this site by people who hide behind screen names?  Please put things in prospective.  Hug your son and his team and get ready for Clarksville.

825545298[/snapback]

My son has been hugged and much to everybodies dismay we will rock Clarksville

Dear Balls,

Just stay an outsider...that seems to be where you belong. If you can judge me , Not even your job..on one post then stay outside and keep your opinion inside. If you want to know about a match try attending one and see it first hand.

the only real embarrassment is choosing a screen name of Silverballs ...get some help...

825544506[/snapback]

As an outsider I offer a different perpsective on this match and rivalry.

I am here to enjoy the sport and learn about the teams and the wrestlers. With that said, I am not here to learn about the dads. IrishDad, I am a civil poster and will continue to be that way. You seem to want to challenge everyone that posts on here. I care not for Ryan or MBA, I am a fan of a team who has collected way to many Silver Balls in the trophy case lately. I'll let you figure that out.

Instead of wanting to regulate everyone on this thread, maybe try spending more time with the RYAN 160 and get him to get his knee in the hip.