Updated District 3AAA standings

mocs30

Knox Ridge officials have never been very good.  Even if you clearly have it on film and show it to the suprevisor of officials they will still defend the official. 

This is the problem with SOME officials:

1.  They want to control the game to much.  As a result they often interfer with the flow.

2.  SOME don't want to admit they make mistakes.

3.  SOME have no interest in improveing.

4.  Lack of effort.  Not in position to make calls.  If an official misses a call so be it.  But when they are not in position or loafing around on the floor they set themselves up for critisism.

5.  Some have rabbit ears.  I was at a region final 2 years ago and within a couple of minutes an official stopped the game and had a student removed from the game for yelling about a call.  The student didn't curse or say anything degrading.  "Just yelled get in the game ref".  I know because I was sitting right behing the kid.  I didn't know the kid from Adam.  When he did that  I responed "you've got to be kidding!" and he said, "If you don't shut up you will be next".  That type of official doesn't need to be calling basketball.  Called the supervisor and as usual he made excuses and said fans need to mind there manners. 

Now in defense of officials.

1.  Fans, coaches, players need to quit complaining about ticky-tack fouls.  A FOUL is a FOUL.

2.  Every crew has at least one strong official.  The unfortunate thing is they have to work with others that aren't very good.

3.  Many fans don't understand the rules or the application of the rules.  Just because you saw it in college or pros doesn't mean the rule applies to High School.

I have a question about the misconception about the hand is part of the ball.  If a defender slaps an offensive player across the hands thus dislodging the ball and making a steal is that a foul?

If a defender comes from behind and slaps an offense player on his shooting hand on a lay up is that a foul?

The problem with the hand is part of the ball  is it is very difficult to determine was it the hand or the wrist?

825544708[/snapback]

OK, LETS GET BACK TO THE REAL TOPIC. (THE 3AAA DISTRICT RACE) thumb

Edited by RimRecker

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2/1

Oak Ridge is to much for Halls at O.R.. Halls was able to pad their record against inferior competition early. Now it is catching up with them. But with Cameron Sharp at the helm Halls will have a chance. OAK RIDGE

Clintons guard play will be to much for Campbell Co. Look for Campbel Co. to make it interesting. CLINTON

Powell at Central will be interesting. If McGill is on look for him to put up some numbers. Fulton is pretty good on defense and they didn't have any answers for him. McGill is a very nice offensive player. Needs work on the defensive end and rebounding. Powell will have a distinct advantage inside and with the exception of McGill they are better on the perrimeter. Central is much better than I thought (still not very good but they are competitive) the Fulton game was like 8 points with 3 - 4 mins to go in the fourth then the wheels fell off. Look for Central to challenge early but falter at the end. But if Powell comes in licking their wounds from Friday or looking ahead to the Red Devils on Friday they could go home with a defeat. POWELL

2-4

Clinton guards won't be enough for O.R. at O.R. OAK RIDGE

Powell has seemed to have some problems with Halls of late. Playing before a very hostile crowd won't help matters. Can the Panthers maintain their composure will be a big question. Halls needs to right the ship if they plan to advance to the Region. I am just not convimced Powell has enough consistent perimeter play to defeat the Red Devils on their home floor. HALLS

If Conner scores 15+ Powell wins.

Central at C.C. although improved don't look for Central to be able to defeat C.C. at home. Central is one post player away from being in the top 4. And if Central is able to win and Halls can't take care of the Panthers. central has an outside chance of moving into the top 5.

So it appears that Karns gets a break from district play this week? What a game by Fersner Friday Night.

By the way, can anyone tell what happened to Roth?

825535147[/snapback]

Jordan Roth was up in the air for a long rebound when a Campbell County guy took his legs from under him. Went down hard and landed on his head. He was having a good game. Two staples in his head, but the hospital confirmed there was not a concussion. It was scary and the video looks even worse! He is a lucky young man. He sat out the Webb game, but was back for Clinton a week later. Thanks for asking!

Bigcatt2

I think that you are growing soft in your old age!!!

The Central coach is weak -as you have stated for years.

I knew him back in the day when he was in Morristown.

I am sure he is no better now than he was then.

My guess is that you ran into him, and he convinced you to let up on him.

A post player away from being good

Thought he ran the Smith kid off there was a post player.

You said the Fulton game was close till the wheels fell off,

who did you get you answers from.

From the paper looked like Fulton DOMINATED !!!

Guess the Central coach called you up and gave you the inside scope

I agree with bigcatt, except on the Halls/Powell game. Powell, in my opinion, can slaughter them. They have had problems finishing teams out, and that is exactly happened in their first meeting. Powell had them down by 13 and with the momentum going into the second half. Halls has the homecourt advantage, but I don't think that will affect Powell very much. I predict Powell by double digits.

Bigcatt2

I think that you are growing soft in your old age!!!

The Central coach is weak -as you have stated for years.

I knew him back in the day when he was in Morristown.

I am sure he is no better now than he was then.

My guess is that you ran into him, and he convinced you to let up on him.

A post player away from being good

Thought he ran the Smith kid off there was a post player.

You said the Fulton game was close till the wheels fell off,

who did you get you answers from.

From the paper looked like Fulton DOMINATED !!!

Guess the Central coach called you up and gave you the inside scope

825545150[/snapback]

Redupset:

I have indeed been critical of the Coaching situation at Central. Last year was a complete joke it was obvious that they were very poorly prepared.

1. I have seen Central play twice and both times they were much better prepared than at any time last year.

2. If they had a dominate post player I feel they would be much more competitve. Smith or whom ever it might be. My understanding was the Coaching situation at Central was one factor in his decision to go to Powell.

3. With about 3:30 left in the game central was trailing Fulton by app. 9 points. The game had been between 5 and 10 points throughout. At that point Central fell apart and Fulton went on a big run to end the game. I know because I was there.

Now the fact that Central is better doesn't mean that I feel they have the best Coach available in the position. But I do feel credit needs to be given where credit is due. They have shown improvement. I am certainly not convinced that he was the best hire. He is from all accounts a hard worker but not the best Basketball coach considering Central had an opportunity to hire one of any 3 coaches who had just come off of State Tournament apperances. Two of which were alumni of Central anf love the program and the school. That being said my disgust is with the administration and there lack of commitment in devloping a well rounded athletic program at Central.

So if you think I am getting soft so be it. The fact is the team is better and Coaching had to have something to do with it. I am a big enough person to give the man some credit for the improvement. But I have one pice of advise for him. He better be careful. Because if basketball starts to overshadow football he might be in trouble. The administration would never stand for that.

I have seen Central play and it looks to me

like the ast coaches are doing most of the coaching.

The ast coach calls timeouts,

handles the team during timeouts,

calls the offense and the defense.

If Central is better/ more prepared give the credit

to the ast. coaches not the head coach.

He was weak in Morristown-

that is why we shipped him off.

Edited by redupset

I have seen Central play and it looks to me

like the ast coaches are doing most of the coaching.

The ast coach calls timeouts,

handles the team during timeouts,

calls the offense and the defense.

If Central is better/ more prepared give the credit

to the ast. coaches not the head coach.

He was weak in Morristown-

that is why we shipped him off.

825546820[/snapback]

Sounds good to me. The point is they are better. Now the Asst. may be dong the work but in most cases the Headman gets the credit.

The fact he was told to hit the road at Mo. West and correct me if I am wrong but Jeff Co. sent him packing as well. That is may point. How in the world did he get the head job at Central over 3 coaches that were in the state tournament. Flatford, Barnes, and Majors have backgrounds of success. Lambert has a background of failure. Lambert ges the job. Go figure!

Karns 63 - Farragut 62

Farragut led most of the way in another nail biter as Farragut led 62-61 with 6.6 seconds left. Karns inbounded the ball to Jody Fersner who then drove the distance and was fouled with 1.1 seconds on the clock. Jody is not the player to foul for Karns. He hit both to win the game and finish with 26 points on the night.

If you want to see some highlights tonight watch channel 10 and you might get to see two great dunks, one by Victor Jones and another by Michael Hermosillo.

I heard Oak Ridge won 60-42 over Knoxville Halls on the way home.

The Dragons put the hurt on CC tonight by 24.  If it means anything to this thread, Central did defeat Clinton this year at Central which was a complete surprise.  Later, Clinton beat Central soundly at Clinton.  The Dragons are on a 6-game winning streak at present going into the OR game at OR.  Should be a dandy.  I believe the Dragons will pull the upset and could go into the region bye.  Incidently, the Dragon post which has received so much criticism, was the high scorer at the half with 11 (Matt Ford).  Very distributed scoring.

825547510[/snapback]

Nice win tonight and good luck against the Wildcats.

As far as the criticism, I think you missed the point. Lockard even said on the radio that Clinton plays without a post player. He said he was proud of Matt for playing out of position for the benefit of the team. What was said, was not to take anything away from Matt Ford.