Cheering for basketball

TigersBball42

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a while, cheering at all of the girls and boys basketball games got old. Not only are you cheering 2-3 times a week, but you also have homework, extracurriculars, and work. All of that combined can really wear on one's body. Our cheerleading sponser developed a calander that rotated all the girls out. Out of the 14 of us on the squad, 10 of us would be at each game. That really helped keep basketball season from being so busy and tiring.

lucky you! We cheer for football and compete during that season. Get only Christmas break off and then start again for the last part of basketball season. We have 2 games a week and on our off days we have 2 practices a week. So we usually get one day to rest every week! We cheer both games no matter what. If you miss, you better be in the hospital. People don't realize how much effort cheerleaders really have to put into things. Especially try to cheer 2 times a week, which is 4 games and then get ready for competition. It's hard,but worth it!

Edited by lchs_wildcats

• 6 years later...

Ok there is so many basketball games in a season... and 2 games a nite and like 20 games a season that is like 40 games and not including the tournaments... does cheering for basketball ever get old

I'm a high school cheerleader and I do think it gets old. We like to cheer, but tumbling and jumping on that hard floor all week really wears you out. Plus that floor is so hard it makes your hands sore..

Edited by bennettm12

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a high school cheerleader and I do think it gets old. We like to cheer, but tumbling and jumping on that hard floor all week really wears you out. Plus that floor is so hard it makes your hands sore..

cheering is great think cheerleaders should be at volleyball, soccer, track, basball/ softball and even golf cheer for all the sports!! as for soreness cutdown on back flips and check with trainer for more conditioning. GO TEAM!