Giles County vs. Brentwood Ac. updates

GCfan79

I'm happy for Tyler, but I doubt he's thinking about his highlight moves.  He's probably a little more concerned with the fact that his team lost.

Congratulations again to both players and, much more importantly, to both teams.  I'm proud of my Eagles for leveling the series record and sweeping the season series.

825537576[/snapback]

wow, someone wants to argue... :( .... where did i say that tyler was worried about his highlights...? i was asking if "we" as in all of us, posters on coacht, could agree...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is, Where is Catfish's trademark bash on Tyler and Giles? Come on! You know you've got something cooking, big cat!

LEBRON WHO?

825537606[/snapback]

he was goin at it earlier, not sure which topic tho... :(

wow, someone wants to argue...  :( .... where did i say that tyler was worried about his highlights...? i was asking if "we" as in all of us, posters on coacht, could agree...

825537594[/snapback]

I never claimed to quote you. I was simply trying to bring the thread full circle by re-establishing that the fans in attendance saw a game tonight, not merely an exhibition of the skills of two talented players. My post was neither directed towards you nor towards anyone else in particular.

Catfish-head...I will shut up when I get good and ready. Why don't you post your opinions of who dominated and who got dominated. Let me ask you this question...when Giles County and Sycamore meet in the region tournament (a game that will matter) who will get dominated? Can you answer that question smart guy? I will bet it is the Sucksummore team that cleans Tyler and Channings Nike's while they are dunking all over the team, you, and the rest of the Sucksummore fans.

And to the post about me being bitter about the loss. As I stated earlier...I do not care. I am sitting 300 miles away from where the game took place and I can honestly tell you that out of the 7,000 people that were at the game...only a handful cared about the outcome. That would be players, coaches, & parents. Everyone else was there to see the show that Tyler and Brandan would put on.

And to my good buddy JEK. Can you honestly tell me that when Wright leaves, Brentwood will win another State Title the very next year....NO. He is their star player and without him all they have is...as you stated it..."outside threats & good ball handlers". They better get someone to rebound the ball after they miss those outside shots.

Edited by GCfan79

Catfish-head...I will shut up when I get good and ready.  Why don't you post your opinions of who dominated and who got dominated.  Let me ask you this question...when Giles County and Sycamore meet in the region tournament (a game that will matter) who will get dominated?  Can you answer that question smart guy?  I will bet it is the Sucksummore team that cleans Tyler and Channings Nike's while they are dunking all over the team, you, and the rest of the Sucksummore fans.

And to the post about me being bitter about the loss.  As I stated earlier...I do not care.  I am sitting 300 miles away from where the game took place and I can honestly tell you that out of the 7,000 people that were at the game...only a handful cared about the outcome.  That would be players, coaches, & parents.  Everyone else was there to see the show that Tyler and Brandan would put on.

825537668[/snapback]

Why did you post the team score on your updates? I think the average Giles County fan is just that: a GILES COUNTY FAN. They wanted Tyler AND Giles County to do well. I think you are...let's just say "unique". Last year I would have traded a poor Brandan performance for a BA win (I know Brandan - he would have too). I guess we are just different, but I contend most of your fans are like me in this department and not like you.

Edited by USA1

All i have to say is Brandan Wright is projected to be a lottery pick while T Smith is going to UT(im not bashing UT just pointing out the difference between UT and the NBA). One game transfers one doesnt. One is 6'9 and still growing, one is a stretch at 6'6 and looks like hes 30. Brandan will be able to take his low post baby hooks and J's to any level due to the fact they are un blockable. He does need to work on actually getting the ball. T Smith will not be able to play his street ball, get it at the top of the key and drive at college or any further level cause there will be a lot of people faster. His outside game is OK and it looks like he will probably improve at it but still his game just doesnt transfer in my opinion.

Edited by CrashDavis

Granted both players are talented. But to say that Wright's shots are unblockable on the low post is a far stretch. The kis is 6'9 and weighs a buck 90. I don't think he can back down a Shaq, Carmello, or Yao. Not to mention, the NBA plays help defense. They are double teaming when the the ball is on the low post. Wright will be in college in two years, playing for a NCAA championship contender while Smith is 2 years into a rebuiding process at UT that will probably never see the NCAA tournament.

What does the fact that Tyler looks older than 17 have to do with a darn thing when it relates to basketball. Brandan looks like a Mr. Potato Head, but I don't think anyone mentioned that in a previous post??? The fact of the matter is...both of these young men have remarkable talents that can get them very far in the game of basketball. Wright may have an advantage because he will pick the right school for him where as Tyler chose to stay close to home.

Catfish-head...I will shut up when I get good and ready.  Why don't you post your opinions of who dominated and who got dominated.  Let me ask you this question...when Giles County and Sycamore meet in the region tournament (a game that will matter) who will get dominated?  Can you answer that question smart guy?  I will bet it is the Sucksummore team that cleans Tyler and Channings Nike's while they are dunking all over the team, you, and the rest of the Sucksummore fans.

And to the post about me being bitter about the loss.  As I stated earlier...I do not care.  I am sitting 300 miles away from where the game took place and I can honestly tell you that out of the 7,000 people that were at the game...only a handful cared about the outcome.  That would be players, coaches, & parents.  Everyone else was there to see the show that Tyler and Brandan would put on.

And to my good buddy JEK.  Can you honestly tell me that when Wright leaves, Brentwood will win another State Title the very next year....NO.  He is their star player and without him all they have is...as you stated it..."outside threats & good ball handlers".  They better get someone to rebound the ball after they miss those outside shots.

825537668[/snapback]

BA will be contending for D2 state titles for the next 3 and possibly 4 years.

They have a strong contingent of young players. There may not be a Brandan

Wright but the team currently goes 10 deep without much drop in talent. This

is also a team dominated by Sophomores. With a good group of 8th and 9th

grade players coming up the ranks. BA's JV has dominated the competition

all year long (and starts 3 freshmen). Again, focus your time on Metro Atlanta

basketball because you are out of touch with Tennessee.

P.S. If you're going to quote me at least make sure you use my words.

I am not the one that said "without Brandan all BA has are outside

threats & good ball handlers".

Anyone have the stats for the game?

825537604[/snapback]

Crowd size per the Tennessean and Channel 4 news - 6,000

Tyler Smith 22 points and 8 of 18 from the field.

Brandan Wright 18 points on 7 shots plus free throws.

Sounds like both men played excellent defense and neither

dominated the other. Tyler's spin moves and slashing drives

look good but Brandan's ability to alter and/or block his shots

resulted in the 8 of 18. Also, many times Tyler drove the lane

only to be forced to kick it out to the wing once Brandan blocked

the path.

All that being said, Tyler did an excellent job of denying the pass

inside to Brandan which forced the guards to shoot the ball from

outside. Fortunately, Josh Bone rose to the challenge once again

(as did Channing Coffey for GC).

One of Tyler's shots that got blocked either in the 3rd or 4th quarter, he drove the whole length of the court, and was FALLING DOWN (no foul was called) and while he was like 2 feet off the court just tossed up a prayer to the hoop that was blocked by BWright. Not like he got his stuff swatted on a jump shot from the FT line or anything.