Father Ryan VS. Baylor

raiderwrestler

The senior nationals thing is not over.  The rules have changed this year and you can only wreslte the weight you are at for your individual state championships.  I think Whit would be bettter off trying to beat the best in the country at his weight instead of trying to have revenge for his loss this weekend.  I am sure he is not going to think about that loss.  It is over! Manson wrestled well and beat a very good wrestler.  Hopefully, he will wreslte that well at senior nationals and make TN proud.

825555090[/snapback]

Whit needs to stay at his 119! They are both great wrestlers and will see each other in college. Stupid argueement. If this was a regular season loss then he could plan to meet him during the season. This is the end of his senior year and the SN are what is inportant.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Manson is so superior and did such a great job how come it took overtime to win?

825555099[/snapback]

These post kill me!

Someone wrote that Manson owned Hendersonville's Bundy! then I read it was 2 years ago at an AAU match and the score was 6-4. They are all great wrestlers and have futures in the College ranks. Give them all credit for being great young men giving their sweat and blood to a sport they love.

If Manson is so superior and did such a great job how come it took overtime to win?

825555099[/snapback]

If anyone said either of these two were"so superior" then they would be wrong. They are both good kids and good wrestlers who have worked hard at their sport. I think I am right in saying that the last time either of them lost in high school wrestling prior to this weekend, it was to each other. A rivalry has developed that makes them both better. They both handled the match with class so maybe the rest of us should too.

Edited by mtnrasslin

this thing is going down hill - to any baylor supporters- let it go - this guy is not worth the time - manson and dunning deserve better - let it go

825555066[/snapback]

Couldn't agree with you more, jt. The other fellow to whom you are referring consistently breaks the cardinal rule of the message board. HE IS BORING.

The senior nationals thing is not over.  The rules have changed this year and you can only wreslte the weight you are at for your individual state championships.  I think Whit would be bettter off trying to beat the best in the country at his weight instead of trying to have revenge for his loss this weekend.  I am sure he is not going to think about that loss.  It is over! Manson wrestled well and beat a very good wrestler.  Hopefully, he will wreslte that well at senior nationals and make TN proud.

825555090[/snapback]

I was told by one of the head coaches this weekend that the duals do count toward qualifying your weight for the Nationals, and that you can wrestle a different weight at the individuals. Anyone know for sure?

either bump up or shut up. yes Dunning is a good wrestler but he was beat and would be beat again if he wrestled at 125. Put your best man @ 125 on the mat in two weeks one way or the other but don't make up reasons why he can't or won't wrestle @ 125. The senior national thing has already been taken care of seeing how he has wrestled @ 119 at the state Duals. Manson did a great job.

825555069[/snapback]

Spike1,

You do not know what you are talking about. Whitt takes Corey to overtime giving up weight and here you say that he would be beat again if he were 6 pounds heavier and hydrated. Whitt is wrestling at 119 this season because of senior nationals. No other reason. Put your best man on the mat..? Are you calling Whitt out? Give me a break. I love how you can call a guy out on a message board where you can hide your identity. You sure are one brave guy.

Spike1,

You do not know what you are talking about.  Whitt takes Corey to overtime giving up weight and here you say that he would be beat again if he were 6 pounds heavier and hydrated.  Whitt is wrestling at 119 this season because of senior nationals.  No other reason.  Put your best man on the mat..?  Are you calling Whitt out?  Give me a break.  I love how you can call a guy out on a message board where you can hide your identity.  You sure are one brave guy.

825555356[/snapback]

I am going to agree with Spike1. If you are going to bump up, at least have the courage to accept defeat rather than reserve the excuse of giving up weight. Dunning and Manson are two both great wrestlers, like Mtnrasslin said, but that match Manson was better. Is anyone going to deny this because that seems to be fact to me. Also, although the score was close, the match was controlled by Manson from the first whistle, with Whitt playing catch-up. Manson is too powerful for him.

The 04 in your name is that your SAT score or IQ? So where are the post police that always feel the need to rip me when I post? Pulled it out of his **** is posted but no reply from all the folks who feel the need to correct me?

825554991[/snapback]

Irishdad, I am very confident that I scored far higher on the SAT than you did, and the reason the "post police" attack you is because you show how well you did on the SAT everytime you post.

I am going to agree with Spike1.  If you are going to bump up, at least have the courage to accept defeat rather than reserve the excuse of giving up weight.  Dunning and Manson are two both great wrestlers, like Mtnrasslin said, but that match Manson was better.  Is anyone going to deny this because that seems to be fact to me.  Also, although the score was close, the match was controlled by Manson from the first whistle, with Whitt playing catch-up.  Manson is too powerful for him.

825555535[/snapback]

How bout this, do not assume that I answer for Dunning. And no weight is not an excuse for Dunnnig. I simply stated a truth. Manson is too powerful for him when Manson is at 25 and Dunning is at 19. Manson still has a lot to prove this next weekend. I think that he still trails Dunning by two state championships.

Spike1,

You do not know what you are talking about.  Whitt takes Corey to overtime giving up weight and here you say that he would be beat again if he were 6 pounds heavier and hydrated.  Whitt is wrestling at 119 this season because of senior nationals.  No other reason.  Put your best man on the mat..?  Are you calling Whitt out?  Give me a break.  I love how you can call a guy out on a message board where you can hide your identity.  You sure are one brave guy.

825555356[/snapback]

McCallie has wrestled several boys out of the "true" weights all year. Cleveland has wrestled 145 all year except once at 135 in the duals and the very next day he wrestled Waddell at 145 and very light. He had been beaten twice against Waddell but took his losses and worked hard for one more shot. I am sure McCallie wrestled him against Waddell because it helped the overall line up. Perhaps FR wrestled Whit at 125 simply because Whit wanted to wrestle Corey but somehow I think the coach hoped Whit would help the team at that weight more than he would at 119. I am sure FR hoped to come out on top when 119 and 125 scores were added together. I think Franklin did the same thing by moving their 119 to 125 if I am not mistaken against Bradley. Sometimes it pays off sometimes it does not. Last year FR was very successful moving their team around in weight classes. The match appeared to be controled by Manson and he simply made no mistakes and anybody that watched the match would tell you that Whit made a few. One mistake is one to many if you are wrestling either of those young men. If Whit would have gotten the first take down I venture to guess the match could have been different. I doubt Whit has wrestled from behind all year. I heard he has not had anyone go a full three periods yet. Yes he is a stud and the match was the best I saw.

As for calling anybody out that is a joke! I am calling no one out I just don't believe in excuses. If Whit wants to wrestle Corey again move up to 125 otherwise don't. Whit is a great wrestler perhaps the best in the state but for sure last Friday Corey was a little better. All I am saying is if it is important to Whit to have another shot there is simply one way to get it and my understanding is it would not effect SN since he wrestled 119 @ the duals. But I sit in the stands and watch and watching Whit and Corey wrestle again is worth the price of a Super Bowl ticket; which is a huge compliment to both.

I think Franklin did the same thing by moving their 119 to 125 if I am not mistaken against Bradley.

If Whit wants to wrestle Corey again move up to 125 otherwise don't. Whit is a great wrestler perhaps the best in the state but for sure last Friday Corey was a little better.

825555680[/snapback]

Franklin was hit by the flu. Wiley Davis could have saved 3 points. Mike would not be pinned again in the next ten matches and actually could beat most 125 pounders in the state except a Bundy or Manson. That was a tight pin by Withrow, however,. Very impressive!!

I personally don't see Pat and Whit agreeing to move up just to save pride. There is a senior at 125 and I would be surprised to see him bumped anywhere.

soms