West Tenn Sinlge A Top 10

jvaughan

Lots of moving araound from last week so again here goes nothing:

1. Middleton 18-6 (1)Still in my opinion the best single A team in West Tenn, Rolled over Scotts Hill and TCA, not to hard of week with USJ & Madison this week

2. West Carroll 20-1 (4) win over Trenton moved them up but in my mind doesn't make up for the other 15 or so wins over the cupcakes, also beat Carroll Academy and a good Dresden team, has Milan, Clarksburg, & Gleason

3. Middle College 12-7 (2) Had a great week with wins over Mem. Overton, Bradford, and went up to the swamp and beat Lake Co at home, hard to move them down a spot from last week, has YO! Acadmey, Booker T. Washington, and show down against Trenton this week

4. Trenton 17-7 (3) so-so week with a win over Halls and a loss to West Carroll last week, has Gibson Co. and Middle College this week

5. JCS 16-6 (7) good wins over USJ and TCA last week, has a rematch with Adamsville early in the week and Fayette Academy later

6. Adamsville 14-6 (9) Good wins over Hardin Co., Madison, and Fayette Academy, has big one with JCS, then Scotts Hill and Mem. Catholic

7. Lake Co. 18-10 (6) Good wins over Dyer Co. and Halls but the loss to Middle College @ home hurts, has a good Dresden team and a district battle with Bradford

8. Greenfield 13-8 (5) After a great week let up and gave up a close one to Dresden and then another one to Huntingdon, looking to rebound this week with Halls, Bradford, and Madison

9. Halls 9-10 (8) Bad week as well with district losses to Trenton and Lake Co, also looking to rebound with a tough week agsinst Greenfield, Dyersburg, and South Fulton

10. Dresden 9-13 (T10) good week with big district win @ Greenfield, a close win @ Bradford, and a loss to West Carroll, has Lake Co. and Obion Co. this week

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of moving araound from last week so again here goes nothing:

1. Middleton 18-6 (1)Still in my opinion the best single A team in West Tenn, Rolled over Scotts Hill and TCA, not to hard of week with USJ & Madison this week

2. West Carroll 20-1 (4) win over Trenton moved them up but in my mind doesn't make up for the other 15 or so wins over the cupcakes, also beat Carroll Academy and a good Dresden team, has Milan, Clarksburg, & Gleason

3. Middle College 12-7 (2) Had a great week with wins over Mem. Overton, Bradford, and went up to the swamp and beat Lake Co at home, hard to move them down a spot from last week, has YO! Acadmey, Booker T. Washington, and show down against Trenton this week

4. Trenton 17-7 (3) so-so week with a win over Halls and a loss to West Carroll last week, has Gibson Co. and Middle College this week

5. JCS 16-6 (7) good wins over USJ and TCA last week, has a rematch with Adamsville early in the week and Fayette Academy later

6. Adamsville 14-6 (9) Good wins over Hardin Co., Madison, and Fayette Academy, has big one with JCS, then Scotts Hill and Mem. Catholic

7. Lake Co. 18-10 (6) Good wins over Dyer Co. and Halls but the loss to Middle College @ home hurts, has a good Dresden team and a district battle with Bradford

8. Greenfield 13-8 (5) After a great week let up and gave up a close one to Dresden and then another one to Huntingdon, looking to rebound this week with Halls, Bradford, and Madison

9. Halls 9-10 (8) Bad week as well with district losses to Trenton and Lake Co, also looking to rebound with a tough week agsinst Greenfield, Dyersburg, and South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Fulton</a>

10. Dresden 9-13 (T10) good week with big district win @ Greenfield, a close win @ Bradford, and a loss to West Carroll, has Lake Co. and Obion Co. this week

825545095[/snapback]

good list and explanations, but how could middle college drop a spot when they had an undefeated week? and greenfield ain't that good. they are overrated, living on past reputation

jvaughgn,

Your nuts.  Greenfield shouldnt even be in the top 10 and West Carroll has proved they are the best team.  The Xman rules.

825547347[/snapback]

I agree with you West Carroll should be the top team until someone can knock em off. I dont guess they will ever get any respect unless they win state. I do think Greenfield deserves a spot though, I actually think they should be higher than 8th.

I agree with you West Carroll should be the top team until someone can knock em off. I dont guess they will ever get any respect unless they win state. I do think Greenfield deserves a spot though, I actually think they should be higher than 8th.

825547352[/snapback]

btown i dont think u should allow biased thinking about middleton the place affect your thinking on middleton the team they have shown they are a great team playin one of the most difficult schedules im my opinion in Class A ball

btown i dont think u should allow biased thinking about middleton the place affect your thinking on middleton the team they have shown they are a great team playin one of the most difficult schedules im my opinion in Class A ball

825547364[/snapback]

ah i like middleton, the team and the place (well some of the place :D ) I just dont think they are as good as West Carroll. Id put em number 2.

Greenfield is not playing very good at all right now. They are not overrated. They had a good week but have played very lackluster ball since. #8 is a good fit for them right now byt the quality of thier pplay last week.

dir23tyred, for someone who said in another thread that they did not care about rankings you sure are making a lot of noise over me dropping Middle College. Probably should have included that it is a very close third. West Carroll beating Trenton showed they could handle a quality team, so I moved them up. But they also just lost to a not so good Milan team. Middleton is playing a tough schedule and is playing well right now. Hands down my favorite from the west to go to Murfreesboro.

I said last week if West Carroll beat Trenton then I would give them some pub. And they did so I moved em up. Middle College was a very close third in my mind with the great week that they had and the fact that Trenton did not play well at all against West Carroll. But with WC losing to Milan I don't think they will be in the same spot next week.

JV..Where is the Monsterman?Is he trying to be like Howard Hughes?I guess he thinks West Carrol is still #2 in the state...They are not even #2 in the region..I guess having to finally play a good team against Trenton really took everything out of West Carrol..Trenton had too many turnovers in that game..With close to 30 turnovers West Carrol should have won by more than twelve..The score should have been more like our game with against Dresden,96-52...We just happened to have two great games against Dresden and Halls but I still know they could come back and win the next time...But at least we would be losing to a pretty good team,not Big Sandy...WE may also lose your your Yellow Jackets the next game..I know we will have to be hitting from outside...If we hit like we did against Dresden and Halls ,we can beat any Single A team...It looks like Middleton and J.C.S. may be the two best teams to come out of that region and go to sub-state1

Greenfield in the top 10?...2 players are carrying them..Shane and Smith..Greenfield goes as Reynolds goes...if he sits out there and only shoots 3's, then they usually have a difficult time in winning...he needs to drive and create some contact..I've watched them play twice this year, easy team to defend when they are jacking up 3's all night. In that region, Lake county is "running" under the radar with all the attention going to Peabody/Middle college.