West Tenn Sinlge A Top 10

jvaughan

JV..Where is the Monsterman?Is he trying to be like Howard Hughes?I guess he thinks West Carrol is still #2 in the state...They are not even #2 in the region..I guess having to finally play a good team against Trenton really took everything out of West Carrol..Trenton had too many turnovers in that game..With close to 30 turnovers West Carrol should have won by more than twelve..The score should have been more like our game with against Dresden,96-52...We just happened to have two great games against Dresden and Halls but I still know they could come back and win the next time...But at least we would be losing to a pretty good team,not Big Sandy...WE may also lose your your Yellow Jackets the next game..I know we will have to be hitting from outside...If we hit like we did against Dresden and Halls ,we can beat any Single A team...It looks like Middleton and J.C.S. may be the two best teams to come out of that region and go to sub-state1

825549367[/snapback]

Bigster, he will be back after this weekend. The cupcake feast continues w/ Clarksburg.

Hopefully we can get back rolling by the time we play yall because with the way yall have been playing it may not be pretty if we don't.

Sportsnation, Greenfield is with out a doubt in the top ten in West Tenn. They haven't been playing well the past couple of games so not in top 5 but in the top 10. And you wanna talk about having 2 players carrying them, look what happened to WC the other night. Webb 26 pts. the rest were nothing over 7 or 8. And the result of the game was........

Edited by jvaughan

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JV, I was looking at their last 7 games, losing 5 of them. They should get back on track against Bradford, but very well could get their lunches ate next week. Granted Greenfield may be at 10, but they either need to get their players in the right position or someone else is going to have to step up (consistently), besides Shane and Smith. I know that when Greenfield enters a tournament, you can throw the records out the window, they have always stepped up their play, but being mediocre one night and hot the next won't get you far in the regions.

JV, I was looking at their last 7 games, losing 5 of them. They should get back on track against Bradford, but very well could get their lunches ate next week. Granted Greenfield may be at 10, but they either need to get their players in the right position or someone else is going to have to step up (consistently), besides Shane and Smith. I know that when Greenfield enters a tournament, you can throw the records out the window, they have always stepped up their play, but being mediocre one night and hot the next won't get you far in the regions.

825549999[/snapback]

By your statement "Greenfield in the top 10?" I took it that you were saying that they do not belong in the top 10. They are not playing their best ball right now but they are in top 10. Reynolds has gone cold as of the last couple of games. He was good for 20 a night there for a about 4 or 5 weeks so he was consistent just not as of late. I think that he will get it back and we will be just fine. And then like you said about the whole tournament deal w/ Greenfield. I don't think that there is anyone on that team that is hitting the panic button yet.

Greenfield in the top 10?...2 players are carrying them..Shane and Smith..Greenfield goes as Reynolds goes...if he sits out there and only shoots 3's, then they usually have a difficult time in winning...he needs to drive and create some contact..I've watched them play twice this year, easy team to defend when they are jacking up 3's all night. In that region, Lake county is "running" under the radar with all the attention going to Peabody/Middle college.

825549971[/snapback]

Your're right ..Lake Co is running ubder the radar...The key to Lake So is which team shows up...If the team that hits the 3's like they did against Halls and Dresden,they will beat any Single A team..If the shots aren't falling,they are more than likely going to get beat...Jamar Mays seems to be getting more playing time lately and can fill it up along with Tony Tyler..Tyler had 35 against Dresden a few nights ago...I keep seeing Trenton ,Trenton,Trenton has the best chance to go to the Boro...Trenton has a good team but still has lost to Lake Co twice,Middle College...that's the bootom line...Lake Co has played about 9 teams that Trenton has also played and won by a larger margin in just about every one of those games...As far as the top 4..I have also seen all these teams and I believe Middleton,Middle ,Lake Co,Trenton has the best chance to go to the Boro....But since only two can go from our region...I believe Middle,Lake Co,and Trenton have the best chance but Greenfield and Halls could have that one good run and spoil things..I really like Lake Co and Trenton's chances against Middle on a neutral court....I am not really convinced that Middle has the outside shooting if someone played them a zone..With my 4 teams,and only 2 can go from our region,I would have to go with Middleton and J.C.S. from the other district..Not that I think that J.C.S. is better than Lake Co or Trenton or Middle,just they because they are not in our district..

Your're right ..Lake Co is running ubder the radar...The key to Lake So is which team shows up...If the team that hits the 3's like they did against Halls and Dresden,they will beat any Single A team..If the shots aren't falling,they are more than likely going to get beat...Jamar Mays seems to be getting more playing time lately and can fill it up along with Tony Tyler..Tyler had 35 against Dresden a few nights ago...I keep seeing Trenton ,Trenton,Trenton has the best chance to go to the Boro...Trenton has a good team but still has lost to Lake Co twice,Middle College...that's the bootom line...Lake Co has played about 9 teams that Trenton has also played and won by a larger margin in just about every one of those games...As far as the top 4..I have also seen all these teams and I believe Middleton,Middle ,Lake Co,Trenton has the best chance to go to the Boro....But since only two can go from our region...I believe Middle,Lake Co,and Trenton have the best chance but Greenfield and Halls could have that one good run and spoil things..I really like Lake Co and Trenton's chances against Middle on a neutral court....I am not really convinced that Middle has the outside shooting if someone played them a zone..With my 4 teams,and only 2 can go from our region,I would have to go with Middleton and J.C.S. from the other district..Not that I think that J.C.S. is better than Lake Co or Trenton or Middle,just they because they are not in our district..

825550817[/snapback]

a neutral court? come on mrbigster! middle college went to the swamp and beat lake county. they beat lake county @lake county and in memphis. a neutral court really does not come into play, if you can't defend your home. you can play zone against them and you will not win. i think the win against lake county with that crowd acting the way it was hurt the mental state of lake county. the game was close and good teams win close games. lake county had their chances but they could not make shots down the stretch. lake county is a dangerous team, but middle college can matchup against any team in the region, and control the tempo. we have what is know as a portable gameplan. we don't rely on the 3, nor do we rely on a single player. we are a team. we embody that! it will not be easy, but we get a lot of competition in memphis. i think......well, let's just play it out.

Teams that have the best chance to go to the Boro have to be Middleton, Middle College, Trenton, and JCS.  Have seen every one of these teams this year and they are the teams that in my mind look the most impressive.

825550588[/snapback]

AND West Caroll. If Trenton has a chance and WC beat Trenton then WC should have a chance. JCS wont make it out of region either...Adamsville has a chance to knock JCS out but it wont matter cause West Carroll and Middleton will be the 2 teams coming out of that region.

And NO bigster and jv this is NOT monsterman. lol seen where yall start accusing other people of being him on another thread.

Adamsville also beat them earlier this year. None of them really have a chance to beat Middleton in region axcept MAYBE West Carroll. I just now noticed that only 1 A team has beat Middleton this year. I havent been real high on them because when i seen them play Bolivar they didnt look real good but now that ive looked at their schedule i see why yall think they are the best in west TN. I dont guess any A team looks good against Bolivar though.

you can go ahead and pencil middleton in for the substate at the least. They are similar to lake co. in the speed and depth, except they play more under control. As for greenfield, they may not be looking so hot right now, but you cant ever count out a team with the experience and history for coming up big when it counts like they do.

Middle College has come a long way from last year. The turn around is awesome and I can appreciate the job that team has done this year. Whitby at Lake County has his team playing now, not 3 months ago, and that says a lot. Should be a fun tournament. I agree with CoachT, put Shane back inside and let the chips fall where they fall. Reynolds had 2 points versus Bradford, G'town needs some outside help somewhere. This years' region tourney will be exciting!!