Will Anyone Be Surprised?

myspacebarisstuck

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their only three losses are to Cleveland, Mt. Juliet, and Maryville-Heritage.  Everyone they've played in AA they've had no trouble with.  What do you think their chances are?  Looks like a definite trip to the finals.  Probably will win it.

What are your thoughts?

825545291[/snapback]

I agree they should be the best in AA being they are a AAA school and double about every school they play. :angry:

Their only three losses are to Cleveland, Mt. Juliet, and Maryville-Heritage.  Everyone they've played in AA they've had no trouble with.  What do you think their chances are?  Looks like a definite trip to the finals.  Probably will win it.

What are your thoughts?

825545291[/snapback]

Name the good AA teams they have beat!

Edited by 32OZCAT

Quit whinning people. Walker Valley is playing in the division that the TSSAA put them in. It's not the girl's fault they are in AA. Also, for every reason you can give about how it is an advantage for them being a larger school- I can give you a reason why they shouldn't be winning because of lack of tradition and such. It's hard to become a winner overnight when you don't have seniors that are able to show you what it takes to be good. It's also hard when you don't have alumni to teach the girl's about school pride and such. The people in Cleveland should just be happy they have the basketball talent. I mean three schools that are very good in Bradley, Cleveland, and Walker Valley. Three of top 15 players in state in Pickel, Rogers, and Butler. Not to mention 3 more that are probably top 30 in Simpson, Jackson, and Cox. That doesn't even include Morris, Burnett, and Rader. Just enjoy it, but quit whining and making excuses.

Edited by johnnyboy

I dont think anyone whining just tired of hearing you brag and everyone else from Walker Valley and when tssaa put you in AA you had a chance to say no thanks we will have to many students we will play AAA but you at Walker Valley said no we will play the schools with 400 students instead of the ones with 1600. One thing its not the kids fault but their not the ones bragging either its the adults. You might want to get a little chesse with your whine. You might want to see who started this thread.

Edited by BBALLTN

I dont think anyone whining just tired of hearing you brag and everyone else from Walker Valley and when tssaa put you in AA you had a chance to say no thanks we will have to many students we will play AAA but you at Walker Valley said no we will play the schools with 400 students instead of the ones with 1600. One thing its not the kids fault but their not the ones bragging either its the adults. You might want to get a little chesse with your whine. You might want to see who started this thread.

825546341[/snapback]

It made sense four years ago, as a new high school, to compete at the AA level. Student enrollment was just over 700 the first year and I am told that the school was built for a capacity of 1100. This year is the first year that enrollment is over 1100 with ~1160. It is a credit to the school and staff that the enrollment has grown so quickly and I am sure that WVHS is happy to compete at whatever level is necessary.

Sorry, but I have nothing to do with Walker Valley. Name one other team in the history of TSSAA that has said I know you put me in AA, but because we will grow please go ahead and put me in AAA before next classification period. This is dumb. It's also dumb that people say Maryville should choose to play in AAAAA football just because they are largest AAAA school. There has to be a cutoff somewhere. Play where the TSSAA puts you.

Also, the argument of more students doesn't hold near the argument in basketball as it does football. It only takes about 7 good basketball players to be good. Shouldn't be much difference between a AA and AAA school in fielding talent.

Sorry, but I have nothing to do with Walker Valley. Name one other team in the history of TSSAA that has said I know you put me in AA, but because we will grow please go ahead and put me in AAA before next classification period. This is dumb. It's also dumb that people say Maryville should choose to play in AAAAA football just because they are largest AAAA school. There has to be a cutoff somewhere. Play where the TSSAA puts you.

Also, the argument of more students doesn't hold near the argument in basketball as it does football. It only takes about 7 good basketball players to be good. Shouldn't be much difference between a AA and AAA school in fielding talent.

825546454[/snapback]

I'll name one Alcoa, they been playing AA ball for years, with an enrollment of A classification.

Finding seven good athletes out of 1100 students would be easier than out of 500, do the math!