Columbia vs. Giles Co

Shootmore

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I can personally GUARANTEE you that if GCHS would have won the game they would not have stormed the court, unless Tyler made that shot at the end of regulation.

825553395[/snapback]

I don't think you can personally guarantee anything if you were not in the position. You said you would not have stormed the court UNLESS Tyler had made the shot at the end or regulation. You proved my point right there. If GC had won in regulation or not you would have stormed the court. It was a very exciting game and both teams should have been proud.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, really. We would not have. I specifically told the students NOT to storm the court because we anytime we play on our home court we come into the game EXPECTING to win. Rushing the court should be saved for crazy upsets and miracle shots only. If the game was at Columbia, they probably had grounds to rush the court, but not when it's on another team's home floor.

I liked how it took the "bench mob" like 10 minutes to think of something to write on the dry erase board and then they come up with Mullets Suck. I thought that was a good one. It probably upset alot of people in the gym off because im sure with giles county and maury county combined there were some in there. With a slight advantage goin to giles.

If you guys are more worried about a 10 member (if that) student section rather than your team squaring off against one of their biggest rivals then you have issues. I come to the games to cheer on my team, heckle players, and do anything possible to give Giles County even the slightest of an advantage.

The section was clearly making the Columbia players mad and apparently doing a good job at antagonizing their students as well! thumb

If you guys are more worried about a 10 member (if that) student section rather than your team squaring off against one of their biggest rivals then you have issues.  I come to the games to cheer on my team, heckle players, and do anything possible to give Giles County even the slightest of an advantage.

The section was clearly making the Columbia players mad and apparently doing a good job at antagonizing their students as well!  thumb

825553742[/snapback]

these apple ipods totally legit? i mean totally free?

its  only been a rivalry in the tyler era, and  we were happy to let our team do the antagonizing!  you give yourself way too much credit.  you didn't make anyone mad, they were simply saluting your efforts!!

825553876[/snapback]

I have to disagree here....Columbia vs Giles has been a rivalry ever since I can remember. For 2 teams that are in different classes, districts and counties.....it's possibly Columbia's biggest rival....even before Tyler

My dog is not in this fight. However, I have experienced 2 losses and 2 defeats at the hands of Giles Co. (all of them pretty close) as a BA fan. In all cases that I experienced or heard of regarding these 4 games, the Giles fans were spirited, loud and classy. I did not witness or hear of anything inappropriate.

Edited by USA1