Single A Mr. Basketball

jvaughan

I think that the finalists will probably be Doaks, Webb, and Skogen. Skogen will probably win it just because Doaks and Webb will be splitting up the vote from West Tn and Skogen will probably get the largest majority of the East and Middle votes. What Doaks and Webb need to do is (what Skogen has been doing the last few years) get their teams to the BORO and get them some more publicity. Get there and play someone like Temple so everyone can see who the best player really is. Since Doaks and Webb have played each other and I have seen them play each other I am going with Doaks in that head to head matchup but it's hard to compare a Dominate Post Player like Doaks to a Great Guard like Skogen without seeing them on the floor together. I feel Mr. Basketball is an individual award not a team award. Based on that I think Skogen's team makes him better. On the other hand Doaks carries his team and makes them as good as he is.  I think if Doaks played on as good of team as Skogen this would be no contest and Doaks walks away Mr. basketball hands down!!!!!!

825555843[/snapback]

Skogan makes Temple better, not the other way around.

Ive only seen Bradon Shane play once and that was at state last year. I wasnt impressed at all. By what i remember aginst Grace he played well in the first quater and did nothing the rest of the game. Parshall scored on him at will towards the end of the game. Now i know ive only seen him play once so what im saying may not be accurate. How tall is he i remembered him being a small post.

But I dont know about Doaks and Webb but, ive seen skogan play quite a bit. And he is the real deal.

Edited by redandwhiteforever

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sleezye9, one more thing, this is why I don't think Skogen will get it. His numbers are not as good as Doaks and Webb, he is at 22ppg and about 7 assists but that aint as good as the other two. The stats he does win over the other guys is that he has two state championship rings already, two all tourny awards at the state level and his team is sitting at #1, although that don't always mean that much. he makes his teammates better, no doubt, but in doing so, he sacrifices the numbers, well at least teh big numbers. That is why I was asking my question. I asked him the other day and he said he would rather have a gold ball than Mr.BB. Thats why I hope he gets them both.

I've seen all three (Webb, Doaks and Skogan) play and I would vote for Caleb Skogan for Mr. Basketball. This award is not for the best future college player it is for the best high school player now and that includes alot more than points per game. Caleb Skogan is a great example of a complete unselfish player who is a winner on and off the court. He's not worried about stats just wins. He reminds me alot of Tom Brady, he's a winner. I cant wait to see Temple again at the state tournament, they are a classy bunch. Good luck.

Greenfield[/url'>fan' date='Feb 7 2005 - 08:51 PM']I've seen all three (Webb, Doaks and Skogan) play and I would vote for Caleb Skogan for Mr. Basketball. This award is not for the best future college player it is for the best high school player now and that includes alot more than points per game.  Caleb Skogan is a great example of a complete unselfish player who is a winner on and off the court.  He's not worried about stats just wins.  He reminds me alot of Tom Brady, he's a winner.  I cant wait to see Temple again at the state tournament, they are a classy bunch.  Good luck.

Good post, I agree completely.

I haven't seen Skogen play this year, but I read he is a great ball player. I have watched Webb, Shane and Doaks all play this year on several occassions. Webb has done more for his team than Doaks. Doaks is not the complete player that Webb is. Shane is pretty much all of Greenfield. He has 1 solid consistent player that contributes alot, but the rest is "contribute" by committee. I feel Webb will represent the West region. I don't think we'll have 2 from this side in the final 3.

the main reason puckett probably doesn't get looked at as much for mr. basketball is because it is really most about points per game. daniel only averages about 17 per game which really doesn't show how good he is. mcewen plays a weak schedule this year which also doesn't help when comparing the people he has played against. the best match up all year for him is sikes, and that's pretty much the only match up. i will be the first to say in my opinion daniel puckett is definitely a top three choice and probably my favorite overall, for the simple fact that he is the toughest player to guard in 1A. his abiltiy to go inside and out is impossible to guard for probably anyone. if you doubt that daniel is a top three mr. basketball contender than just come watch him play 2 or 3 game, really get a feel for his game, you'll see how a person who averages 17 points a game can be more dominant than a person who averages 25.

good luck daniel with the mr. basketball and even more luck to you and the team with the year. go warriors

the main reason puckett probably doesn't get looked at as much for mr. basketball is because it is really most about points per game. daniel only averages about 17 per game which really doesn't show how good he is. mcewen plays a weak schedule this year which also doesn't help when comparing the people he has played against. the best match up all year for him is sikes, and that's pretty much the only match up. i will be the first to say in my opinion daniel puckett is definitely a top three choice and probably my favorite overall, for the simple fact that he is the toughest player to guard in 1A. his abiltiy to go inside and out is impossible to guard for probably anyone. if you doubt that daniel is a top three mr. basketball contender than just come watch him play 2 or 3 game, really get a feel for his game, you'll see how a person who averages 17 points a game can be more dominant than a person who averages 25.

good luck daniel with the mr. basketball and even more luck to you and the team with the year. go warriors

825556800[/snapback]

[/q

i know that temple has two rings and all that,,,,either they are that good or just don't play anyone,,,i'm not from that area but it is nothing but blowout city every night,,,,,nicchaeus or xavier will win the mr. basketball if it is based on talent ,,,,these two guys could play for any team in the state and carry the load,,,,,,Just my opinion