South Pittsburg

Statman

With a record of 18-2, South Pittsburg is ranked 13th and has their strength of schedule ranked 104 of 104 teams. Here's why the schedule is rated the easiest in single A. Check out these records.

St. Andrew's - Sewanee - 4-13.

Sequatchie Co. - 13-12.

Berean Academy - non-TSSAA.

Chattanooga Christian - 11-6.

Sale Creek - 5-16.

Chattanooga Center for Creative Arts - 3-9.

Grace Christian - 2-15.

Lookout Valley - 14-9.

Whitwell - 11-13.

Hardy Memorial - 11-17.

21st Century - 3-16.

F.C. Boyd, Sr. Christian - 2-14.

Marion Co. - 6-17.

Many of these teams play Tennessee schools not in TSSAA. Combined opponents' record 85-157, not very impressive. Beat CCS and then start talking smack if you want to. Ya'll still haven't proven anything yet.

825553778[/snapback]

You keep bringing up this record an how their schedule is so easy, but what u arent seeing is that they are 18-2! That means that they can not only beat the easy teams, but they can beat the Lookout Valleys and the Sequatchie Co.s. It is not their fault that they play these easy teams. From what I understand, It was their coach from last year that resigned from his coaching position before this season started that made the schedule, so Ive heard. Even if it was Coach Lewis that did it, you cant take away from the young men who play every night. They just show up and play ball, they dont get to pick who they play and when they play them.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We know, but you cant get on here and call yourself the best when you play these bad teams. Go beat a ccs or temple and then we will talk, but until then, I would just keep quiet until i proved myself. The only point golden eagles is trying to make is that it is hard to accept you guys as a great team when you play horrible ones. Don't take it personally, its just how we see it and we would say this about any team in the same situation.

We know, but you cant get on here and call yourself the best when you play these bad teams. Go beat a ccs or temple and then we will talk, but until then, I would just keep quiet until i proved myself. The only point golden eagles is trying to make is that it is hard to accept you guys as a great team when you play horrible ones. Don't take it personally, its just how we see it and we would say this about any team in the same situation.

825554931[/snapback]

Good post. I would give south Pitt alot more credit even if they just beat Valley again and place second in the district. But the strenght of schedule is weak and im sure that will come back and get them in the post season. But i still dont think there good enough to get out of regions, which is really all that matters.

Statman - the most overrattttttttttted Spelling Bee champion in the state. It's "overrated" and "opponents" dip. Quit showing off that private school education. I guess South Pittsburg would be a shoe-in during a District 6-A Spelling Tournament.

825553869[/snapback]

who would win the district 6-A spelling bee i think so. pitt and richard hardy in the championship game

It's true they haven't beaten a lot of good teams, but they haven't been losing to the teams they've been playing either. You can make a case that they haven't proven they're a top quality team yet, but if you say that, you always have to conclude it's not been proven they're not a top quality team. All that will be decided in the district and region.

It's true they haven't beaten a lot of good teams, but they haven't been losing to the teams they've been playing either. You can make a case that they haven't proven they're a top quality team yet, but if you say that, you always have to conclude it's not been proven they're not a top quality team. All that will be decided in the district and region.

825555343[/snapback]

I agree with you completely. I am not trying to say South Pitt. is the best team, because they havent proven themselves...yet... all I'm sayin is that just because they have an easy schedule doesn't mean that they are bad. Because, again, they have not only beat these bad teams, but they have also beaten the good ones. My only problem is that they are extremely inconsistant. They can go from beating Lookout Valley and Sequatchie Co. to being in close games with teams like Sale Creek and City (or atleast closer than they should have been).