State Dual Results

Gripper

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is definitely a tough loss for Whit and Father Ryan.  Gripper does he really have to "learn to wrestle smarter?"  I mean he has not lost a match in two years and will win another state championship and hopefully compete well in the Senior Nationals and bring home a title for the state of Tennessee.

825553244[/snapback]

I am a huge Whit Dunning fan. I saw the match between Whitt and Manson last night. Manson looked in better shape and physically stronger. You could tell that if Whitt could not get a 3 to 4 point lead, Manson would have the advantage due to the weight and strength factor. If Whitt is flat, Hussein can compete with him, very possibly beat him in the State or plain scare the living heck out of him for three grueling periods. Hussein looks to be the quickest and strongest wrestler pound for pound this weekend. He is just inexperienced, but the most talented. I hope Dunning has more energy in the State. The whole Father Ryan team looked flat.

"It is definitely a tough loss for Whit and Father Ryan. Gripper does he really have to "learn to wrestle smarter?""

On the national scence he does. I don't know if you've ever attended the senior nationals, but one mistake and it's over. There's more pins than one would expect there because many of the guys are not used to being on their backs.

Ok, if you have the consolation results or impressions, than please post them here.

825553529[/snapback]

manson lifts weights and jogs 7 days a week,the ot takedown was simply brute strength and a good body lock vs. a very risky move. Corey seeks the best competition locally and nationally and it shows.

Whit is also very talented , what a treat for the tenn. wrestling community to get to watch a match like this - congrats to both

I noticed from reading the match results on the TSSAA website that MUS did not wrestle their varisty 152 Nelson Rainey or their varisty 215 Joey Friend during this tournament when they both competed in regionals.

I know Rainey hurt his back during the regional dual championship with CBHS but I never saw anything that would have indicated Friend being hurt.

I hope these two guys are ok.

I am a huge Whit Dunning fan.  I saw the match between Whitt and Manson last night.  Manson looked in better shape and physically stronger.  You could tell that if Whitt could not get a 3 to 4 point lead, Manson would have the advantage due  to the weight and strength factor. If Whitt is flat, Hussein can compete with him, very possibly beat him in the State or plain scare the living heck out of him for three grueling periods. Hussein looks to be the quickest and strongest wrestler pound for pound this weekend. He is just inexperienced, but the most talented.  I hope Dunning has more energy in the State.  The whole Father Ryan team looked  flat.

825553324[/snapback]

Wow! That's strong. Does the team have any flu problems like the rest of the state? One county just closed school for a week because of illness.