McMinn loses to Bradley

Burnt

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats what I wanna know. Lets hear it mnewballer

825555549[/snapback]

from the sounds of it he makes it seem like all the guys from mcminn are the gods of basketball and that bradley stinks which isn't further from the truth....but anyway arnwine and hicks are not d2 level talent...andy tipton from maryville last year signed with carson newman and he was 10 times better than either one of those 2 players, but i dont feel like saying anymore and i could but i have to go to work..later

from the sounds of it he makes it seem like all the guys from mcminn are the gods of basketball and that bradley stinks which isn't further from the truth....but anyway arnwine and hicks are not d2 level talent...andy tipton from maryville last year signed with carson newman and he was 10 times better than either one of those 2 players, but i dont feel like saying anymore and i could but i have to go to work..later

825555585[/snapback]

Cough. Wasn't Andy Tipton a SENIOR last year? Arnwine and Hicks are just sophmores. Johnnyboy, i agreed with your post. I thought it was good.

Cough. Wasn't Andy Tipton a SENIOR last year? Arnwine and Hicks are just sophmores. Johnnyboy, i agreed with your post. I thought it was good.

825555719[/snapback]

good call, if you sign a scholarship that means you are a senior, but anyway, his potential is better than arnwine or hicks..they just aren't d2 caliber, they are d3 or mid naia level...i mean kellen pickel and cori pugh went to lee, and the 2 from mcminn wont be near the players that those 2 were in high school

While I agree that neither are the caliber of Pickel or Pugh, you also need to remember that these guys chose to play at Lee even though they had other offers at higher level schools. Also, keep in mind that I said Div. 2 or lower. That depends on their improvement over next two years. I don't think they have potential to go any higher than Div 2 which is why I capped out at that level. I didn't mean to imply that Bradley's players weren't any good, they are. I just stated that the team is a bit overrated at #2 in state.

WAY TO GO BEARS.....Suiter did a great job under the basket, he's got the moves! T.O. did a great job with a LOUD gym on the last point of the game. Phillips defense was impeccable on mcminn's #3. shutting him down to 0 pts while he was on him. He was pulled out with over a minute left in the game and the big #3 drove and made a 3 pt. play that almost cost Bradley the game. Mcminn has improved GREATLY both on defense and offense. Give that team a lot of credit and the bears for pulling the win. Keep up the good work #3!!

GO BEARS ON FRIDAY!!!

While I agree that neither are the caliber of Pickel or Pugh, you also need to remember that these guys chose to play at Lee even though they had other offers at higher level schools. Also, keep in mind that I said Div. 2 or lower. That depends on their improvement over next two years. I don't think they have potential to go any higher than Div 2 which is why I capped out at that level. I didn't mean to imply that Bradley's players weren't any good, they are. I just stated that the team is a bit overrated at #2 in state.

825556727[/snapback]

It boils down to this, Bradley has alot of haters because they have been so dominate over the last 5-6 years. They have won the district and region most of the last six years. I believe all 6 of last region championships, 5 of 6 district titles and two state runner up titles. However, this is understandable just like if McMinn or Cleveland was that dominate. Bradley gains respect in the polls because of tradition and recent success but I believe most of all the voters in the state realize what a great coach Kent Smith is and as long as he has decent talent he will win to some degree. They also realize that Bradley plays a very tough schedule, it is a little weaker this year but no one will play them. They had 11 days off before the McMinn game due to that fact, not an excuse but anyone would be rusty and McMinn is not a easy place to play. They played in the talented Huntsville Times Classic and lost one game and played the 4A state champs from Georgia and won. The district is also better from top to bottom this year and the tournament should be great.

It boils down to this, Bradley has alot of haters because they have been so dominate over the last 5-6 years.  They have won the district and region most of the last six years.  I believe all 6 of last region championships, 5 of 6 district titles and two state runner up titles.  However, this is understandable just like if McMinn or Cleveland was that dominate.  Bradley gains respect in the polls because of tradition and recent success but I believe most of all the voters in the state realize what a great coach Kent Smith is and as long as he has decent talent he will win to some degree.  They also realize that Bradley plays a very tough schedule, it is a little weaker this year but no one will play them.  They had 11 days off before the McMinn game due to that fact, not an excuse but anyone would be rusty and McMinn is not a easy place to play.  They played in the talented Huntsville Times Classic and lost one game and played the 4A state champs from Georgia and won.  The district is also better from top to bottom this year and the tournament should be great.

825557657[/snapback]

District isn't better, just even. Since Bradley isn't so dominate.

Just what I thought. No one knows any thing about the game or other players on these teams. I found out that the Bradley Team is rated #2 in the state. They must have a player or two we might be interested in. But NCAA will not let us contact them now. So tell us about this team and The No 1 ranked team Franklin

None of the players on either of these are rated by GOMAB in top 55. Whos GOMAB? How can a team be rated No 1 or 2 and not have any players higher than 55 in the state.

The one that did not know what a Hot Dog is has not been around sports long. That is a player or fan that has to put mustard on to get someone to notice them. Most good players let their play speak for them and fans should never be noticed.

825554554[/snapback]

I am not exactly sure what you are wanting from an open forum on Tennessee high school athletics. Do you want a discussion on how to balance chemical equations? Or perhaps help recruiting for your obviously unsuccessful basketball programs? Or a recipe for boxed macaroni and cheese? If you rely on a amateurish board to learn about players, you lack moxy in the recruiting field. I am truly sorry that we cannot live, breathe, and eat basketballs like you Indiana/Missouri cornfed Jimmy Chitwood types. It sounds as if, with all your basketball savvy, you could come down here and be the next great roundball Rasputin. If these folks on this board want to post about the ends of games, poor officiating, suspect decision-making, and the second-guessing of coaching moves, they should be able to do it unhindered without anyone making ignorant generalizations about their basketball intelligence. Now I see why Bobby Knight left Indiana and was replaced by Mike Davis.