Elizabethton Beats Greeneville

coachh17

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rikki had 20 points, 15 rebounds,at least four blocks, and several steals. Micheala had 12 points, several blocks and played great post defense. Val played well on both ends, had several steals and was in double figures as well I believe. Cameron hit some big threes. Victoria had several assists and hit some key shots. Eden had some quality minutes off the bench. Everybody played great defense. Both teams played very hard. Lyons is a very special player. I think she had about 18 points. I don't think Greeneville ever had a lead in this game. Great great effort tonight.

Edited by coaches_corner

I had seen this crew before, but dont know their names. Fouls were pretty even. Both teams had two foul out. Pietrowski and Redd for the cyclones and Manuel and Forney for the Devils. There really werent any touch fouls called in this game. It was a very physical contest with aggressive defense on both sides Each side got a technical. Cyclones simply outplayed Greeneville. Officials did a credible job. One of the better crews in the area.

I dont think either team had anyone with three fouls going into halftime. Devils were playing from behind the whole second half, mostly by double digits, so naturally they fouled more at the end.

Edited by coaches_corner

Who was the refs? How many greeneville players was in foul trouble in 1st half? And what was the total fouls by quarter and free throw attempts by both teams?

825556342[/snapback]

Crew was led by Barnett and they did a very good job in an extremely physical game. There were several ooos and awwwss from both sides, but in a game of this nature, they did a fine job. Both teams were in the bonus in the first half. The reason G'ville lost????

In this game they were outplayed for four quarters. Cyclones were healthy this time around. No sprained ankles and no one sitting out because of injuries, as was the case in the previous game. :lol:

Edited by GLee

Just as a note, the Cyclones were not completely healthy this time, either. Sophomore post Marti Bush would surely have gotten some minutes in this game if she was healthy.

At least it was nice to see her off the crutches already. If attitude helps an injury heal, Marti will be back soon. :lol:

825556916[/snapback]

true, but i'm not sure Marti was available last time they played Greeneville???

Edited by GLee

I hurt my knee in the South Greene game December 28, so I did not get to play @ Greeneville. I was very happy that we came together as a team and won this game. I think that it really boosted our confidence.

I was very happy to get off my crutches. After 3 and a half weeks I was getting tired of them. I still have a couple months of therapy to go though...

WriteStuff: thanks for the kind words =)

Edited by cyclonebasketball

Sounds like some bitterness there. Have you ever stopped to think that maybe the reason Manual and Lyons and some of those girls are always in foul trouble is because ....they FOUL??? They are good, aggressive players and they are gonna get their share of fouls. Usually they are just good enough to make up for it on offense. This game i guess they werent. Get a grip nightmare lol

Edited by DZbettin