Temple vs Ooltewah

volsbigd712

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not A vs AAA.  This is where the privates should be playing, and the ratio of athletes to students are very similiar for these schools, except for the fact that Ooltewah has never advertised in the Free Press for new recruits.  I am predicting the Owls in this one in a close one! thumb

825556768[/snapback]

I can't believe people still accuse Temple of recruiting. That is rediculous!!!!!! But I won't go any furthur into that now. Ooltewah won at Temple last season against a young Crusader team. But I think the extra year's worth of experience will give Temple the win. My pick: Temple 73 Ooltewah 62.

Ooltewah is a very good team and so is Temple. I could care less about their classes, talent is talent. Ooltewah will give Temple trouble inside because Mouw can't guard Porter. It wil be interesting to see how Brown does on Skogen, both are excellent players but Skogen clearly makes everyone around him better. If White has his way on the perimeter and can get to the basket easily, it will open up things for Foster on the outside. Wadley is a great defender and might shut down White so it may be up to the role players if the two team's stars cancel each other out. Coaching will be big in this one and the edge has to go to Wadley. Defense wins this one for Temple.

This is not A vs AAA.  This is where the privates should be playing, and the ratio of athletes to students are very similiar for these schools, except for the fact that Ooltewah has never advertised in the Free Press for new recruits.  I am predicting the Owls in this one in a close one! thumb

825556768[/snapback]

Come again? Ooltewah's enrollment is listed at 1681 and Temple's is listed at 184.

I think it will be a close game(closer than the score will indicate) with Temple pulling out the win. I have seen them perform in close games and they never get rattled. The experience of the Boro last year helped them a lot this year.

Temple 84

Ooltewah 76

Ooltewah is a very good team and so is Temple.  I could care less about their classes, talent is talent.  Ooltewah will give Temple trouble inside because Mouw can't guard Porter.  It wil be interesting to see how Brown does on Skogen, both are excellent players but Skogen clearly makes everyone around him better.  If White has his way on the perimeter and can get to the basket easily, it will open up things for Foster on the outside.  Wadley is a great defender and might shut down White so it may be up to the role players if the two team's stars cancel each other out.  Coaching will be big in this one and the edge has to go to Wadley.  Defense wins this one for Temple.

825556939[/snapback]

i seriously hope they dont have wadley guarding courtney...he will be on wes murray or foster...either seth of mouw will be on white and porter

i seriously hope they dont have wadley guarding courtney...he will be on wes murray or foster...either seth of mouw will be on white and porter

825557053[/snapback]

Seth will more than likely be on White and Mouw will be on Porter. Wadley might guard brown if not, Murray. If White starts to give Seth problems I would imagine they might put Wadley on him. Who knows they might put Wadley on him to begin with.

I just talked to some of my friends and they said that one of the Ooltewah players did throw a chair across the court. The ooltewah players were mad at the refs because they tried to call a timeout at the end of the game but the buzzer sounded before they could get it. They did line-up after the game and shake our hands so that was pretty classy after such a finish.

If OHS can play up to their ability they'll be tough for Temple to handle although Temple is playing some great basketball. Courtney White for OHS is a good player.

825556440[/snapback]

:justwrestle: You mean TSSAA isn't going to put Ooltewah on probation for this? I thought it was Ooltewah's own deniron who believes immediate punishment for such actions. I believe it was an earlier conflict with Hixson and SD in which heads were to roll - forget time to investigate. Forget there was two sides to the story, as always. Forget sorting throught the facts and making reasonable judgement in consultation with TSSAA. Let the CoachT "experts" determine such fate, even if they don't have the whole story or didn't attend the game. I've heard enough, chair throwing should be addressed by the TSSAA. I hope this is not "swept under the rug".

but whites not just bigger than what yall have... hes a better athlete too... I say Ooltewah wins this one. Probably because they are ticked off after Heritage and want to prove a point. oh and I believe Denlron belongs to Hixson not ooltewah

825557194[/snapback]

No, look at deniron's posts - pro Ooltewah, anti-SoddyDaisy, and expert at everything. I guess RB will be the next axe to grind. By the way, we really enjoyed beating the HOOTERS and look forward to the next chance in the district! :D