Temple vs Ooltewah

volsbigd712

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The clock clearly expired before they even began asking for a time out. Watkins for CHS made a lay-up with about a second left and OHS didn't start calling for a time out until the buzzer had already sounded.

Dude, Tennessee teams never get a fair shake in Georgia.

825556447[/snapback]

Ooltewah wasn't helped any by their coaching showing up 20 minutes after the game was suppost to start. They shot around in warm-ups with street clothes on and then the game started with Ooltewah's starters wearing Girl uniform tops and random shorts. Then right before the tip their coach came walking in and they were more concerned with getting longer and different shorts on.

Christian Heritage jumped out to a 18 poin lead early in the second, but Ooltewah fought back and trailed by 1 at the half. They were up by 7 with 50 seconds to go in the game when a turnover led to a three point play on the other end of the floor that was completed and then another turnover on an inbound pass got CHS the ball back and then a shooter got fouled on a three and hit all three free throws and trailed one. Ooltewah then went down and scored followed by a Heritage score and Brandon Brown took it the length of the floor and made a lay-up with 8 seconds to go. Ooltewah went to a full court press and the CHS player took it the length of the court for a lay-up that was contested to win the game.

Yea, it's always hard to say with Ooltewah. They seem to match up so differently with different teams. I'll hazard a guess and say Ooltewah comes out and takes the underdog title to heart and come out with a chip on their shoulder, ready to take some names. I imagine Baker will run a gimmick defense on Skogen to try and deny him the ball. All that said, I can't pick my team to lose, and have the Owls by 4.

I'm really surprised to hear that Baker was late to this last game, his dedication is usually unparalleled, I can only guess it was something outside of his control.

Ooltewah wasn't helped any by their coaching showing up 20 minutes after the game was suppost to start. They shot around in warm-ups with street clothes on and then the game started with Ooltewah's starters wearing Girl uniform tops and random shorts. Then right before the tip their coach came walking in and they were more concerned with getting longer and different shorts on.

Christian Heritage jumped out to a 18 poin lead early in the second, but Ooltewah fought back and trailed by 1 at the half. They were up by 7 with 50 seconds to go in the game when a turnover led to a three point play on the other end of the floor that was completed and then another turnover on an inbound pass got CHS the ball back and then a shooter got fouled on a three and hit all three free throws and trailed one. Ooltewah then went down and scored followed by a Heritage score and Brandon Brown took it the length of the floor and made a lay-up with 8 seconds to go. Ooltewah went to a full court press and the CHS player took it the length of the court for a lay-up that was contested to win the game.

825556465[/snapback]

Worst call of the night had to be a technical call on White for hanging on the rim after an alley-oop dunk. Which led to 2 points and the ball for CHS. White was not on the rim for more than a second if that. Several other bad calls but I am not going to go there.

And #4 for Christian Heritage is one heck of a player. He has the quickest, smoothest release I have seen. He was hitting 24 footers consistently tonight. Very outstanding player.

Temple will come to this game and be Temple. They consistently come and play ball. I don't think they are the most gifted team athletically, but they play team ball, and they have bought into Wadley's defensive philosophy.

However, this game really depends on which Ooltewah team shows up -- the one that be Christian Heritage by 18 points, a game that was simply a blowout from the very beginning. In fact Ooltewah looked so good in that game, that I couldn't believe what I had heard about how good CHS was. They just wilted under Ooltewah's pressure.

But therein lies the problem. Ootlewah doesn't come to play every night, and they can look just as bad as they look good. If Temple allows White, Brown and Porter to get off early, this will be a long game for them. However, if Ooltewah never finds its rythm and Temple disrupts things from the word go... it could be a long night for Ooltewah.

The competition Ootlewah faces night in and night out is much tougher than Temple's competition. Single A cannot match the talent of AAA. However, Ooltewah is still not used to winning after years of being a doormat in the game of basketball. Temple is used to winning all the time. That confidence factor is a huge edge for a team.

At any rate, I am going to pick the Owls by 8, due to home court advantage. But I acknowledge this could go the other way. How can you predict such an unpredictable team?

Well, I'm going to say that Temple will win this game because they are the better team -- period. I still think that Temple is the best team in the Chattanooga area. I've said this from the beginning of the season and am sticking to it.

The only thing that may work to Ooltewah's advantage is having the game at home. But I still think that Temple will prevail in a close one:

Temple 68

Ooltewah 64