Temple vs Ooltewah

volsbigd712

Temple doesn't need to think about Ooltewah right now -- because the game is not until Tuesday. They need to take care of business Thursday night and Saturday first. Even though the Crusaders should get a win at Copper Basin they need to take it serious and play hard on Thursday night.

And anything can happen at CPA. They always seem to give Temple a good game. And so, I say they need to go into this game like it's a must win game. District is just ahead and the next week and a half is crucial in preparing for the games down the stretch. They need to put forth their best effort from here on out.

Good luck to you guys and I hope you reach your goal.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White is a good player, I will give him that. But the INCONSISTENCY is the word for ooltewah.

825558065[/snapback]

That is where you are wrong. Ooltewah is not Inconsistent. They are very consistent. When they play teams that aren't as good as they are they play down making it a close game, but when they play teams that are just as good as they or better, they play right with them and either keep it close or put them away. And last time I checked Temple is one of those teams that is a good team and I know for a fact that Ooltewah will come to play and play right with them and more thank likely pull out a win. They play to the level of their compitition. You will see.

Temple doesn't need to think about Ooltewah right now  -- because the game is not until Tuesday. They need to take care of business Thursday night and Saturday first. Even though the Crusaders should get a win at Copper Basin they need to take it serious and play hard on Thursday night.

And anything can happen at CPA. They always seem to give Temple a good game. And so, I say they need to go into this game like it's a must win game. District is just ahead and the next week and a half is crucial in preparing for the games down the stretch. They need to put forth their best effort from here on out.

Good luck to you guys and I hope you reach your goal.

825558464[/snapback]

And Ooltewah plays Red Bank Friday. And that is where they need to concentrate because they have to avenge a loss.

The public schools need to get over the public/private debate.  If you're going to be the best you have to beat the best.  I am a public school supporter, but I don't like the rift between the two.  If I am competing, I say bring them all on.  If you are worth your salt, the private schools won't take kids from you.

For example: Bradley can play with anyone in basketball.  Soddy and Ooltewah can play with anyone in football.

I think the whole debate is way overrated and the kids ought to be able to play one another.

825557494[/snapback]

Not so, the private schools can offer so much more to a gifted athlete than a public school can. Say a McCallie or Baylor who can house a gifted athlete from Alabama or Mississippi where a Red Bank cannot. I believe you should play the best teams providing those teams get their players the same way you do.

This Tuesday night, Temple will come into the new barn with motivation and inspiration to win. Ooltewah has a tough game against Red Bank on Friday and believe me that is all they are worried about. Ooltewah will be ready tuesday night though. Ooltewah has been playing really well lately. Although with tough losses to very good Christian Heritage and Brainerd teams, Ooltewah playing them close and also has big wins over Soddy-Daisy, East Ridge, and Chattanooga Central. Ooltewah has too much power and speed, I believe for Temple. With Brandon Brown and Courtney White leading the Owls, you better believe they will be ready and will win.

Ooltewah- 79

Temple- 71

Mouw will do just fine against Porter.

And Temple will figure out how to handle White.

They have done just fine against teams that have bigger players than they do and it will be no different against the Owls.

I still say Temple ought to get the win.

825557175[/snapback]

Mouw will not be able to handle Porter unless he has helpside to get his back

i think that's because Temple fans are just as bad as Ooltewah fans... only they have more people talking their team up on here, per capita, than any other school. yeah Ooltewah has plenty but that's from a school of 1600+ ... temple has just as many, with only like -200 students. I don't think anyone concedes the game to Temple, I just think that most of Ooltewah's fans could give a ship, and you know Temples are diehard. I personally wouldn't be suprised if temple brought more fans to the game than Ooltewah does. I still think Temples guys are overrating their own players and underrating Ooltewah's... I say the Owls in this one. They don't roll, because they just aren't that kinda team, but they do win... a close one

825558315[/snapback]

I agree with Stay, one thing I can't stand about certain fans is the fact that they are so idealistic and tend to believe that just because they like a particular team, that team is the best. Temple and Ooltewah will be close but people forget that Temple plays class A on a regular basis, Ooltewah AAA. The level of competition may be the difference in this one. I personally think other than Caleb Skogen, Ooltewah has the three most talented players in White, Porter, and Brown but Temple's team game and D will pull this one out in a good one. Temple by 2

They have more than you think.

You have Caleb -- who can do just about anything he wants.

You have Seth -- who can score with the best of them.

You have Wadley -- that can usually shoot the three pretty well and plays great D.

You have Newson -- who gets after it on defense and can shoot and dish.

Then you've got Mouw -- who is a lot better than people give him credit. He hits the boards, can shoot, and plays tenacious D.

825558103[/snapback]

I will give you Caleb.

Seth is overrated; can score at times but not near as versatile as his brother -- however would be a starter for Ooltewah.

Wadley -- not a real good athlete and will struggle against quicker, more athletic opponents. Does seem to know the game... hmmm... like most coaches sons do.

Newson -- way too small for a team like Ooltewah

Mouw -- Again, I think overrated. Would not start for Ooltewah, but would be a good bench player. He has probably not met up with his equal for tenaciousness, but Porter is that and surprisingly much better than people give him credit.

For Ooltewah, it comes down to three matchups:

White against... Mouw? C. Skogen? S. Skogen? and some have said Wadley... you gotta be kidding me on the last one.

Porter vs. Mouw -- edge Porter

Brown -- Temple does not have a guard who can contest his speed and agility. Not a great shooter, but if you let him inside 15 ft. watch out; he can play 4-5 inches taller than he actually is.

As for teams: I will give Temple the edge as a team; they play great team ball.

Ooltewah has an edge in athleticism, and if they find a rythm they are devestating offensively.

Temple is consistent every night; Ooltewah... who knows, unbelievably erratic.

Again, if both teams play to their full potential, I think Ooltewah wins by 8-10 pts.

Not so, the private schools can offer so much more to a gifted athlete than a public school can.  Say a McCallie or Baylor who can house a gifted athlete from Alabama or Mississippi where a Red Bank cannot.  I believe you should play the best teams providing those teams get their players the same way you do.

825558695[/snapback]

Apparently, you have not been to most of these private schools. Take away the McCallie's and Baylor's of the world, and they are pretty much average in what they can offer.

I have had kids in the public schools and they have been in the advanced classes and I have had friends who have had kids at Baylor and McCallie; the education provided at each is not much different. In fact, they have been surprised at the difficulty of some of the classes my kids have had.

As for facilities; I've been to almost all of them in this area and there simply is not much difference, with the exception of the two I have already mentioned. Ooltewah and Soddy, for example, can boast of having pretty good athletic programs all the way around, and in most sports can compete on any level with any teams.

I do think there are an awful lot of perceptions that are negative out there, and the current situation surrounding Hamilton County's budget could have a lasting and negative impact. But, overall I think they need to compete against each other. It is a down right shame. I think it is foolish for local schools to travel all over the state of TN and even to other states to play against better competition, when it can be found right here. Let the privates and the publics play and compete against each other.

I'm not too sure Porter will score 20 on Mouw and Caleb Skogen will do just fine.

Again, Temple will win this game.

825558025[/snapback]

You are a cocky little fella arent u....... How are u so sure of your self...... i saw temple play baoyd 2 times this year and they did great..... but boyd stinks and i honestly think that temple is not what they are said to be........ Skogen is really good though and i think he will do well.......

Lionheart, Ooltewah and Red Bank still have a regular season game on the 11th at RB.

The Temple game is at Ooltewah on the 15th.

Both games should be good. I have a feeling Ooltewah is going to put it all together now that we're down the stretch.

825557351[/snapback]

Yes, I will be out of town for that one on the 11th, but will be back in time for the district tournament.