Temple vs Ooltewah

volsbigd712

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hand it to Temple; they played the entire game as I expected them to. Ooltewah on the other hand, completely lost their focus in the last quarter, became passive, had too many mistakes and had a host of coaching blunders. Temple outplayed and outcoached Ootlewah in the last quarter.

It seemed that things turned significantly when the assistant coach, Little Baker, was thrown out for what appeared to be no significant reason.

The refs certainly got a little too interested in what the fans were saying, not what was happening on the court for the last few minutes. But those of you from Ooltewah should not focus on the refs. This Temple team simply took it to you in the last quarter and you guys didn't respond.

As I said in an earlier post, Temple had everything to gain and Ootlewah had everything to lose. I saw Ooltewah play earlier this season and I would say that they are playing more poorly, rather than progressing. Not a good sign to be fading at the end of the year.

Of course one makes their predictions based upon what they know and have seen in the past... I guess my predictions were based upon an OHS team that was playing much better than earlier in the season. I felt Ooltewah's lack of depth was huge. How can they not have more players? I was surprised; I admit. Congratulations to Temple

Oldtimeballer's stats are wrong.  If you add up the stats in the paper they don't add up correctly, so here you go?  Caleb 21, Seth 21, Sean 17 Zack 11.  Seth had 12 boards and Zach had 11, Caleb finished with 9 assists.

825568574[/snapback]

Sorry -- I just copied them from the Chattanooga. <_<

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_62640.asp

A few clarifications:

First of all, one fan got tossed for telling Sean Wadley that he was going to meet him in the parking lot and "kill him". The ref heard it and reacted.

Second, part of the reason Temple shot so many free throws is that we went to our stall to pull the Owls out of their zone and make them foul us, which they did. While it is true Temple had an extreme advantage at the line, the purposed fouling accounts for most of that.

Third, has anyone ever heard of a coach getting ejected WITHOUT technicals called?

Fourth, I have no idea what the rest of the fans got tossed for, but it should be said that the Ooltewah players held themselves with class. Our guys said there was no trash talking, no cheap shots just good hard basketball against a very good team.

Fifth, I agree with Michael about being good winners as well as good losers. However, I am very confident that the stupid things being said on here are NOT from our players, but some of our younger, immature fans. Our guys know that the Owls are very good and we got a lot out of playing this game.

Sixth, we would love to see Ooltewah make some noise in their tournament. Best to coach and his team.

Yes, you guys are correct. Between the players there was great sportsmanship and nothing at all that even remotely appeared to be dirty.

825568747[/snapback]

Yeah and there were several oppertunities where things could have gotten out of hand with the players too. They did a great job of keeping their cool. Often I would see Skogen hitting an Ooltewah player on the back saying good job. Same goes for Ooltewah. I thought when Foster took a charge at one point in the game and he and Skogen went rolling over each other that they were going to get into it, but they just help each other up and patted each other on the back. Foster and Wadley were talking to each other numerous times but didn't seem to be talking trash. Murray and Brown did a good job of helping other players up as well too. Ooltewah's players did a good job of keeping there heads on while so many of their fans were being removed from the game.

Edited by GoldenFlake14

i wish i could have played in the game last night haha, it was always fun playin temple even back during those temple camps in the summer where me and a few guys from my church would get a team together and play you guys and stuff, and the refs would all stop the games and make us play man to man and stuff even tho we only had 5 players haha, they wanted us to die i guess haha who knows