Oakland v. Siegel

Guest Oakland

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG

honestly i dont care at the moment who wins or who loses ... as of right now, i just want our team to play 4 full hard fought quarters ... they do this, im happy and we walk into the district tournament ready to play .... what bothers me is that i think that since Siegel is playing Oakland, they are going to try harder than against Warren Co. beacuse it "means more" that they are an in-town rival ... play hard for the right reasons no matter who it is

go stars thumb

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

culleoka this is THE game to go to....guranteed sell out I would say....im getting there at 5:30 so i dont have to worry about freshman and sophomores who dont cheer taking up the front row. all i want from siegel is 4 quarters of playing hard going for the loose ball going up for rebounds....just play with heart and determination

Edited by FHSrebel27

culleoka this is THE game to go to....guranteed sell out I would say....im getting there at 5:30 so i dont have to worry about freshman and sophomores who dont cheer taking up the front row.  all i want from siegel is 4 quarters of playing hard going for the loose ball going up for rebounds....just play with heart and determination

825559401[/snapback]

Siegel will play hard for 4 quarters. They will have something to prove. This will be their best game of the yr

Edited by FHSrebel27

honestly i dont care at the moment who wins or who loses ...  as of right now, i just want our team to play 4 full hard fought quarters ... they do this, im happy and we walk into the district tournament ready to play .... what bothers me is that i think that since Siegel is playing Oakland, they are going to try harder than against Warren Co. beacuse it "means more" that they are an in-town rival ... play hard for the right reasons no matter who it is

go stars  thumb

825559339[/snapback]

Good post thumb

last year there were over 2,400 at this game when it was played at siegel and it was not nearly as important of a game, if siegel could hold 3,000 that is how many would be there, siegel's gym will be filled to capacity + people standing anywhere they can see the court from!!!!

by the way, that game last year set a record for attendance in rutherford county high school basketball history, it will be broken again

Guest Oakland
last year there were over 2,400 at this game when it was played at siegel and it was not nearly as important of a game, if siegel could hold 3,000 that is how many would be there, siegel's gym will be filled to capacity + people standing anywhere they can see the court from!!!!

by the way, that game last year set a record for attendance in rutherford county high school basketball history, it will be broken again

825559518[/snapback]

i would have to think the game at oakland broke the record that was set last year. talk to somebody from oakland and they said there was over 2,500 in attendance. siegel's gym holds more so im expecting 3,000-3,250 friday night. like i said earlier, ill prolly be the 1st oakland person there since im showing up at 530

Oakland[/url]' date='Feb 9 2005 - 08:23 PM']i would have to think the game at oakland broke the record that was set last year. talk to somebody from oakland and they said there was over 2,500 in attendance. siegel's gym holds more so im expecting 3,000-3,250 friday night. like i said earlier, ill prolly be the 1st oakland person there since im showing up at 530

825559523[/snapback]

yea, im plannin on leaving my house at 5 o'clock.........dont want to take any chances of not bein down front in the nation

...Oakland will win this one...Siegel has a lot to prove...but they will have to wait until another night to prove it...I dont think anything can get these boys motivated, not even playing their old school...and thats sad...I see this being a long night for Siegel and the NATION...as I think Oakland will take this one by 8...No desire and passion from Siegel should equal more of a OHS victory but it is at the BLACK HOLE so...

Guest Oakland
yea, im plannin on leaving my house at 5 o'clock.........dont want to take any chances of not bein down front in the nation

825559528[/snapback]

friday night you will see what it used to be like at oakland during the mid 90's :lol:

I don't think a team can just decide to turn it on whenever they want to. I believe Siegel is going through tough times just like everyother team in the district has done. Oakland hit a dryspell around Christmas. Lebanon, until recently, has struggled since Christmas. Riverdale struggled early and now seems to be the hottest (until last night) team in the district. Blackman is playing well now after a horrendous start. Cookeville and White Co. have had their ups and downs. AND as everyone knows, Warren Co. has turned its entire season around just in the last week.

Siegel has had their way up until the last couple of weeks. Let's look at it:

Jan 22, loss to Whites Creek;

Jan 25, beat Cookeville by 2;

Jan 28, beat White Co. by 5 (a game with something to prove);

Feb 1, beat Lebanon by 3;

Feb 4, loss to Riverdale;

Feb 8, loss to Warren Co.

Face it Siegel, this is more than just a 2 game slide. This is a disturbing trend. I believe the Stars have now hit their own dryspell. Unfortunately, it comes at a very bad time.