DI & DII State Finals

gablefan

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it fair for the wrestlers to share the spotlight on the State's biggest stage? Is it fair to the fans? Is it all about money? Thoughts please.

825558518[/snapback]

Begin D2 on Weds and do some staggering. Perhaps this would disperse some of the spotlight? Perhaps UTC would also allow the Old Big Mac to be a venue in the future?

I am a wrestling fan. I want to watch both. Keep them together. Splitting them up would just make the stands emptier than they already are.

"I am a wrestling fan. I want to watch both"

My point exactly. I too would like to enjoy both. I didn't say split them into different venues. Perhaps run finals and semifinals at different times? Why should we be trying to watch two matches at once? Why should the wrestlers get shorted during their time to shine?

I am a wrestling fan. I want to watch both. Keep them together. Splitting them up would just make the stands emptier than they already are.

My point exactly. I too would like to enjoy both. I didn't say split them into different venues. Perhaps run finals and semifinals at different times? Why should we be trying to watch two matches at once? Why should the wrestlers get shorted during their time to shine?

825558623[/snapback]

I agree with gablefan on this. A split is not the way to go in my opinion. It would be a much better product if during the championships, there was only one match at a time going on. If not, the next best thing, in my opinion is they manner in which they currently run the finals.

825558623[/snapback]

Have the finals on sunday afternoon and alternate

DI 103 then DII all the way through

It was proposed many years ago to start the championship finals at 7:00pm (they did this many years ago) on Saturday evening. You could still do this by starting the D1 finals @ 6:00pm and the D2 finals @ 8:00pm and alternate the two each year. The only problem is the TSSAA wants to get everyone home early so they don't have to spend any additional dollars on hotel rooms. IMO the extra fans would generate more than enough money to offset the additional cost.

It was proposed many years ago to start the championship finals at 7:00pm (they did this many years ago) on Saturday evening.  You could still do this by starting the D1 finals @ 6:00pm and the D2 finals @ 8:00pm and alternate the two each year.  The only problem is the TSSAA wants to get everyone home early so they don't have to spend any additional dollars on hotel rooms.  IMO the extra fans would generate more than enough money to offset the additional cost.

825558688[/snapback]

I am confused with your statement.

extra cost of staying overnight is with the teams and fans, not the TSSAA, so how does the extra money generate more than enough to offset the additional cost.? Or are you just addressing the TSSAA guys costs of hotel rooms?

I also, do not know why more fans would come, than already do come, just becasue of different start times. What am I missing here?

It was proposed many years ago to start the championship finals at 7:00pm (they did this many years ago) on Saturday evening.  You could still do this by starting the D1 finals @ 6:00pm and the D2 finals @ 8:00pm and alternate the two each year.  The only problem is the TSSAA wants to get everyone home early so they don't have to spend any additional dollars on hotel rooms.  IMO the extra fans would generate more than enough money to offset the additional cost.

825558688[/snapback]

Perhaps instead of having a big break in between the consolation finals amd finals, we take about an hour or so get the mats right and wrestle. Then we can see one start at about 2:00 and one start @ 4:30- 5:00? we get to see it all and we get out at a reasonable hour.