Bradley and Cleveland

bearmen

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is for first place in the district!!! It doesn't get any bigger then this for high school basketball in tennessee!!! What are your thoughts.

825559720[/snapback]

i have never seen cleveland play, but i have been to bradley central, and even though i do not know much about east tn b-ball, i do know that it is very tough to beat a district rival twice, was the first game at Bradley or Cleveland??

Because they are not as talented as they were in past years.

825560095[/snapback]

Sure they are,you keep saying talent,Cleveland also beat them once last year with all those guys that graduated, From teams i have watched so far .They are capable of beating anyone . The addition of a 6-8 post makes them as strong if not stronger than last year. Cleveland is not as talented as last year. We will see what happens Friday. Cleveland is up and down like a Yo-Yo ,if the team that played the last two or 3 games shows up, BC will blow them off the floor.

Edited by volntn

Sure they are,you keep saying talent,Cleveland also beat them once last year with all those guys that graduated, From teams i have watched so far .They are capable of beating anyone . The addition of a 6-8 post makes them as strong if not stronger than last year. Cleveland is not as talented as last year. We will see what happens Friday. Cleveland is up and down like a Yo-Yo ,if the team that played the last two or 3 games shows up, BC will blow them off the floor.

825560114[/snapback]

Yeah, Cleveland is up and down, no question about that. The 6'8 post player doesn't make Bradley as good as they were last year, and most def. not better. Most of the games I have seen Bradley play, he has done notthing(as in NOT A THING) Last year Bradley was blowing teams out of the water. Only five of their wins was by 10 points and under, but this year 9 wins have came from 10 points and under. Bradley's schedule is not as tough as it was last year. The last game Cleveland had was bad, not the last 3. They were on a 6 game winning streak, including a 4 point win over Bradley Central and a 35 point win over Rhea Co. ;)

Don't attend either school and have no loyalties here, but from what I know and have seen of both teams, I think Cleveland could win. But, I don't think that is very likely.

Bradley is awful tough at home (how long is that winning streak now?) and they will be ready to play after losing to Cleveland earlier.

I think Bradley wins by 10.

Don't attend either school and have no loyalties here, but from what I know and have seen of both teams, I think Cleveland could win.  But, I don't think that is very likely.

Bradley is awful tough at home (how long is that winning streak now?) and they will be ready to play after losing to Cleveland earlier.

I think Bradley wins by 10.

825560721[/snapback]

It is either 42 or 43 in a row.

I used to live in East Tn and I have seen both teams play several times the past 15 years. I can tell you the difference in the 2 teams. It is coaching. If you gave Coach Green the same group of kids that Kent has he would not be 20-2. He would probably be 11-11 at best. Coach Smith has had some talent but it is what he does with the talent. If you watch what he does as a coach and how he prepares his teams. He never stops coaching even if they are up by 40. Back in the early 90's Bradley had great talent without the coaching to get them there. They have the piece that Cleveland is missing now. Kent will have his team ready to play tonight. I have one word for you and it is consistance. As far as talent goes the teams match up evenly. Coaching is what takes a team to that next level. Bradley has been there and still is there. Coach Green is still in search of that next level. The kids will only react to the coach. One night he coaches great the next night he throws a fit and gets tossed. I leave you with this. Is Bradley the best team in the state. Some nights sure some night they are not, but night in and night out they are a top 5 team and you can not argue that. Bradley will win tonight and Kent will have his team ready night in and night out. Oh by the way I am not a Bradley fan, but do love great coaching!

Cleveland was picked pre-season number one by the Chatt. paper. A Bradley win would be a upset . Bradley lost  eight seniors . Bradley has a 20-2 record not bad for a team picked 7th by the chatt.  times. This game will go down to the last min.

825561341[/snapback]

What does the preseason poll have to do with the season at this point? Abouslty nothin. If Cleveland wins it will be an upset, not if the #2 team in Tennessee wins, just because they were picked 7th out of a newspaper.