CCS@Grace

insane mexican

Eldridge shouldnt be much of a problem... Long will not let him score more than 12... and Parshall will have to be on shooting to score alot... He will have a really tough time scoring inside...

825572725[/snapback]

Are you serious? Temple couldn't even hold Eldridge to 12 in the second game and Eldridge did not attempt a field goal in the 3rd qtr. Long is a good defender but don't think for a second that he can stop Eldridge. Parshall has been on as of late and having McMasters will keep the Groothuis boys honest inside. CCS may win but it won't be because they've stopped Eldridge and Parshall

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCS won the game 62-60.

As was expected, Grace had no answer for the "goofy" brothers. They combined for probably 40-45 points. The 150 lb. Mcmasters had 0 pts. Also, Long did shut down eldridge. He probably had 10 points just because he put up at least 20 shots. I will say Parshall is a great player. The kid was lights out. But CCS had a bad game, probably 25 turnovers, and still won the game.

What do yall have to say about the goofy brothers now????? I thought that yall could d them up? And yes, long did shut down eldridge, so it looks like everyone one of yalls arguments got proved wrong tonight.  Maybe you will get another chance at us in regions, if you can get past boyd.

825573319[/snapback]

Wow. That was arrogant.

I don't think it was arrogant.

There was so much talk about the goofy brothers and they dominated. Talk is cheap.

And now my take on the game-

Parshall and Eldridge hits some big shots for three quarters. Smith also had some good shots. They hit alot of three pointers in the first three quarter and had CCS down.

Parshall and Eldridge took alot of bad shots in the fourth quarter and CCS was rebounding so they just kept giving the ball back to CCS. They did so much better when they ran an offense.

The "goofy" Groothuis brothers especially Kyle had a huge game. Grace had no answer for them.

Last second layup by David Neilson won the game. The Grace fans were in shock.

Good game for both teams. It will be an interesting rematch if they meet again which is highly likely.

anyone have stats on the game? who played good and not good?

825573363[/snapback]

Kyle had 30 pts 18 rbs

Mitch 15 pts. 10 rbs

Nathan Long 12 pts

Nielson 2 HUGE pts.

CCS turnovers 29

Parshall 17 pts. ?

Eldridge 14 pts?

McMasters 0 pts.

# 22 14 pts. ?

Grace 4 turnovers

Player of the game- Kyle Groothuis

I was at the game and first I should say that both teams played their hearts out and deserved to win. Grace led most of the game due to some great shooting and they played their tempo for 3 qtrs. Kyle Groothuis is a good player but cannot shoot beyond 3 feet from the basket. Parshall did not score in the 2nd half. Eldridge did a pretty good job. He averages 19.7 a game and he had 16. He was 7-14 from the field. How again did Long shut him down? Grace was up by about 8-12 pts. most of the game. You cannot say CCS played badly, just like you can't say Grace blew the game with the turnover at the end leading to the lay-up. Both teams are a mismatch for each other. CCS inside vs. Grace outside. Should be an interesting rematch in Regions.

I was at the game and first I should say that both teams played their hearts out and deserved to win.  Grace led most of the game due to some great shooting and they played their tempo for 3 qtrs. Kyle Groothuis is a good player but cannot shoot beyond 3 feet from the basket.  Parshall did not score in the 2nd half.  Eldridge did a pretty good job.  He averages 19.7 a game and he had 16. He was 7-14 from the field.  How again did Long shut him down? Grace was up by about 8-12 pts. most of the game.  You cannot say CCS played badly, just like you can't say Grace blew the game with the turnover at the end leading to the lay-up.  Both teams are a mismatch for each other.  CCS inside vs. Grace outside.  Should be an interesting rematch in Regions.

825573463[/snapback]

Actually i can say that Long shut Eldrigde down. He scored five in the first half when Long was on the bench. Although he did have one breakaway layup. Then after Parshall was killing us, Long started to guard him. And i believe you said he did not score in the second half, but your wrong. He hit ONE free throw. So overall, Long gave up a total of 3 POINTS. That is impressive. I dont care who you are.