Who will be the teams to beat this year

timbdp

Soddy is the best I have seen,  Lot's of speed, great pitching, and good bats. 

Their pitcher had a "real rise", most everyone else throws high-heat and calls it a rise. High heat works too.  Very few HS girls have actual upward movement.

We are going to need alot of work to beat them. 

I've put alot of teams together and I have never predicted anything right.  That's what makes it fun.  Looking forward to playing all these great teams.

See you at the park!

825620682[/snapback]

Got to see her pitch tonight at a facility, you can notice a lot more in training/workouts than in a game, great, really fluid motion, and a noticeably louder "pop" into the catcher's mitt than from any other pitcher there.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodpasture was elminated by brentwood in the Commando tournament, (dont worry, we wore underware) and Riverdale and brentwood have played twice this year, both games ending in tie breaker. Brentwood won the first one, and Riverdale the seccond one. My guess, is Riverdale, Brentwood, and Soddy Daisy.

Is it a players decision or a coaches when a girl sits out? Coach Nelson does not pitch her big dogs to the likes of Brainerd just to pump up strike out stats like some coaches do. Why are you so negative towards the Rice kid? Did she strike your daughter out on more than one occasion? I know a lot of the girls that play softball in the Chattanooga area and Rice is a very talented athlete. She works real hard and I have heard a lot of people say her dad is very demanding. she works when other girls are at the movies or at the mall. I am beginning to wonder if you have ever watched her pitch. A lot of people spout off at the mouth when that green eyed monster is talking. Do I detect some jealousy in you? Give the kid a break she's good. Thomas is also very good. She is a better hitter than pitcher. I do not think anybody will pitch circles around Rice. She can hold her own with any pitcher in Chattanooga and I have watched her do it on more than one occasion. I know her family and they are good people. Her sister was an all state catcher at Ooltewah a few years back.

825611867[/snapback]

ther are alot of good atheletes on the ooltewah team.they have a great infield that is lost in the cloud of soddy daisy. dana kirtley is probably pound for pond the best shortstop in the state and complemented well with casey saunders at 2n base. brittney rice has single handedly beat teams all her career. no one talks about the beech game at soddy when she kicked there butt.the only low spot on the team is the outfield. to many good players sitting on the bench that should be helping.expect this team to get to the state this year and also a upset over soddy at some point this year.

Edited by CATBIDDLE

ther are alot of good atheletes on the ooltewah team.they have a great infield that is lost in the cloud of soddy daisy. dana kirtley is probably pound for pond the best shortstop in the state and complemented well with casey saunders at 2n base. brittney rice has single handedly beat teams all her career. no one talks about the beech game at soddy when she kicked there butt.the only low spot on the team is the outfield. to many good players sitting on the bench that should be helping.expect this team to get to the state this year and also a upset over soddy at some point this year.

825625852[/snapback]

I saw ooltewah play in the comando classic. They look like a typical Chattanooga team. Good fielding, and decent pitching, with a few good hitters. Dont see them beating Soddy this year, or any of the better teams around middle tenn. Riverdale is not known for its great hitting, but they pounded the ball on ooltewah's pitcher. Although they only got 3 runs, their outs were hard hit outs.

I saw ooltewah play in the comando classic. They look like a typical Chattanooga team. Good fielding, and decent pitching, with a few good hitters. Dont see them beating Soddy this year, or any of the better teams around middle tenn. Riverdale is not known for its great hitting, but they pounded the ball on ooltewah's pitcher. Although they only got 3 runs, their outs were hard hit outs.

825625972[/snapback]

riverdale did not have 1 earned run the entire game. ooltewah beat themselves in that game and the mt juliet game.

riverdale did not have 1 earned run the entire game. ooltewah beat themselves in that game and the mt juliet game.

825626232[/snapback]

Defense is part of the game, and if they cant catch it or throw it, they arent going to beat the good teams, which means they probably wont make it out of chattanooga.

Defense is part of the game, and if they cant catch it or throw it, they arent going to beat the good teams, which means they probably wont make it out of chattanooga.

825626246[/snapback]

well i will put it this way and yes you are right about defence. most of the teams that played this weekend have about 9 games on ooltewah in playing time this year. come to the soddy tour this weekend and you will probably see a differnt ball team. i will bookmark this post and save it back to see if they get out of chatt or not.

SODDY DAISY  IS THE TEAM TO BEAT IN THE STATE PERIOD............THEY HAVE EVERYTHING PITCHING,CATCHING,AND THEY HAVE THE BATS TO BEAT ANY TEAM.......KATY BLEVINS LED THE STATE IN HOME RUNS AS A FRESHMEN.......

825626251[/snapback]

I havent seen Soddy play yet this year, but after seeing them play last year and knowing what players they have back, I cant say I disagree with you. they definitely should be right at the top of AAA.