Who will be the teams to beat this year

timbdp

O.K. who won the state tourney is 2002? Let me refresh your memory, it was Dickson County. Who picked Dickson to win it that year? No one! Dickson went to the state tourney last year. They didn't farewell because they couldn't hit their way out of a wet paper sack but don't get it twisted that wasn't the norm for those girls. They had two freshmen who lead the team in hitting who by the way are back for more. They have probably one of the most solid defenses around with a question mark behind the plate because of injury but it looks good that the catcher will return in time to play. I never hear anyone mention Ashley Myatt who is definitely top ten in the state on the rubber. I don't know why no one will respect Ashley because i can count on one hand the teams that have beat her in High School ball and she has been the ace since her sophomore year. The only reason she didn't start her freshmen year was because the state champion Erin Haggard was there. That is a lot of butt kicking experience. I just think when you talk about teams to beat that Dickson needs to show up somewhere in that list. Rossview will also be tough this year as Ashley Elrod is back with the addition of two good players who tranferred from Clarksville Northeast by the names of Sarah and Channing. Two more potent hitters to provide run support. District 10-AAA will compete for the State Championship mark my words. I'm out

825601486[/snapback]

Ashley Myatt is mentioned in the top midstate pitchers. more than once. So is Elrod. I dont know about Dicksons hitting but their pitching is there. I could be wrong, I only saw them play a few times. In any respect they will , because of Ashley, be a top team.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, there's been only a couple of mentions about Beech this year - they're the ones with the current state rings - anybody seen them scrimmage yet? Stanfill definitely has a lot of weight on her shoulders, but barring zero injuries, she'll be wanting to carry the team. Beech did lose a lot of seniors, but Coach Brinkley developed an incredible program there. Even though she's gone, Beech will still be a contender. :(

If BR is so good then why is she on the bench in an elimination game?  She was hurt part of the year and came back to beat the likes of Brainerd.  Holly Thomas will pitch circles around BR.  I think Thomas played summer ball for the Austin Eagles.

825566187[/snapback]

Is it a players decision or a coaches when a girl sits out? Coach Nelson does not pitch her big dogs to the likes of Brainerd just to pump up strike out stats like some coaches do. Why are you so negative towards the Rice kid? Did she strike your daughter out on more than one occasion? I know a lot of the girls that play softball in the Chattanooga area and Rice is a very talented athlete. She works real hard and I have heard a lot of people say her dad is very demanding. she works when other girls are at the movies or at the mall. I am beginning to wonder if you have ever watched her pitch. A lot of people spout off at the mouth when that green eyed monster is talking. Do I detect some jealousy in you? Give the kid a break she's good. Thomas is also very good. She is a better hitter than pitcher. I do not think anybody will pitch circles around Rice. She can hold her own with any pitcher in Chattanooga and I have watched her do it on more than one occasion. I know her family and they are good people. Her sister was an all state catcher at Ooltewah a few years back.

Good team , yes. One of the best , no. All teams can have a great day. Terry is a good coach and they play with a lot of heart but I still do not think they will be the best.

825566051[/snapback]

Hey zeroedge, I just wanted to reply to your post. You maybe right that everyboby has a great day, but let me tell you about heart. Heart can overcome & cause one to overachieve-I will agree that Coffee beat a better team in Riverdale. Hey they took our coach & ace pitcher, but no way was our girls going to sucuumb to to the pressure. Catalano was superb but some how we found a way to win by playing superb defense! We in Coffee County never get any credit but Raiderone started a tradition here & nobody wants to schedule us at home! DaddyRaider has carried on the tradition! I will agree that we have never won the big dance but I will tell you for all you haters that Raiderone had it in place when we were banned from the tournament! He had the most dominant picher in the state that year in Danielle Catalano!!! I would give my vote to Riverdale this year because her little sister is the ace! Soddy Daisy was the most dominant team throughout last year but let Beech sneak up on them. I just hope everybody is overconfident when they play Coffee County-Goingdeep

Is it a players decision or a coaches when a girl sits out? Coach Nelson does not pitch her big dogs to the likes of Brainerd just to pump up strike out stats like some coaches do. Why are you so negative towards the Rice kid? Did she strike your daughter out on more than one occasion? I know a lot of the girls that play softball in the Chattanooga area and Rice is a very talented athlete. She works real hard and I have heard a lot of people say her dad is very demanding. she works when other girls are at the movies or at the mall. I am beginning to wonder if you have ever watched her pitch. A lot of people spout off at the mouth when that green eyed monster is talking. Do I detect some jealousy in you? Give the kid a break she's good. Thomas is also very good. She is a better hitter than pitcher. I do not think anybody will pitch circles around Rice. She can hold her own with any pitcher in Chattanooga and I have watched her do it on more than one occasion. I know her family and they are good people. Her sister was an all state catcher at Ooltewah a few years back.

825611867[/snapback]

You are not giving Thomas enough credit. When I watched them Thomas gave a better performance than the other two. She was a lot better. The hitting stopped when Thomas took the mound. Of course this is most likely an unfair judgement as I have only seen them once. Young ladys have up and down days. On the other side I have never been impressed with her hitting. I have never seen her hit the ball past the short stop although others have told me she is a good hitter. In any respects she is a tremendous athelete as is Rice , I am sure , as I have heard so many positive things about her.

ok lets put all the discussion about who the best to rest. soddy daisy is by far the best team in the state and will be for at least the next 4or5 years. i umpire softball in the chatt area and i also went to just about every softball game last year for soddy. now someone tell me that last year soddy had 2 starting juniors 1 sophomore and the rest of the team freshman(including ptchers) and got runner-up in state to a veteran beech team, that soddy will somehow have a down year. last year soddy wasn't expected to even go to state and not even get out of the district, and i will tell u this last years success wasnt a fluke! soddy will win state this year and it will be hands down with no problem. as for the coffee co. peeps i thought that yall were suppose to handlily beat the trojans last year but obviously u didn't pull through b/c nikki threw a perfect game and the game b4 that she threw a no-hitter. soddy has nothing but studs on their team and all u doubters will be proven wrong!! soddy is hungry this year they arent gonna throw the state away like they did last year and i promise u another thing, they will have less than 5 losses this year. i think that about sums it all up!

Runner-up to a Beech team with their ace who is returning also. Don't think that Soddy is the only team returning key players. They are picked to win it every year and some how it seems here recently the keep gettin upset. The Chattanooga area produces some great talent but they aren't the only area that has good softball teams. Dickson will go deep in the State tourney this year. I'm out