Who will be the teams to beat this year

timbdp

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's kind of hard to say that Soddy-Daisy is going to take a step back. They may end up coming up short again, but they will be very, very good. Nikki has worked very hard throughout the offseason and will come back a better pitcher than she was last season. She will also face 18U competition all summer, not that the 16U competition wasn't solid last summer. By the way, I'm not Nikki's dad or brother, I've never even met her, I'm just well-informed.

Rice won't be carrying any load for anybody.  She was on the bench the last two years that Hooterville was eliminated from the district tournament.

825565673[/snapback]

I'm curious and need someone to explain the rules of being able to play if you transfer from public/private or private/public, thanks.......

I'm curious and need someone to explain the rules of being able to play if you transfer from public/private or private/public, thanks.......

825591859[/snapback]

Well, I believe if you played ball , or even practiced with the school team you are with now ,you are will be unable to play on another school team the following year.

Unless: Your entire family moves and you move with them

You move by yourself to a boarding school

You can prove financial hardship that causes you to go from private to public ( hard to prove)

You attend a private school and choose the next year to go to a public school and there is NOBODY at the private school that lives in your area.

( Thus the private school does not service your area)

Anybody else have input?

From what i hear i think people might be over looking Wilson Central. They have started out strong this year, and it seems that noone is going to stop them! They have already beat some of the big teams that you listed, like Brentwood and Riverdale, and i do believe they beat St Benedict! Dont overlook them!

And then i would definitely have to say Goodpasture! Goodness when are they not good? Keep it up ladies! :(

O.K. who won the state tourney is 2002? Let me refresh your memory, it was Dickson County. Who picked Dickson to win it that year? No one! Dickson went to the state tourney last year. They didn't farewell because they couldn't hit their way out of a wet paper sack but don't get it twisted that wasn't the norm for those girls. They had two freshmen who lead the team in hitting who by the way are back for more. They have probably one of the most solid defenses around with a question mark behind the plate because of injury but it looks good that the catcher will return in time to play. I never hear anyone mention Ashley Myatt who is definitely top ten in the state on the rubber. I don't know why no one will respect Ashley because i can count on one hand the teams that have beat her in High School ball and she has been the ace since her sophomore year. The only reason she didn't start her freshmen year was because the state champion Erin Haggard was there. That is a lot of butt kicking experience. I just think when you talk about teams to beat that Dickson needs to show up somewhere in that list. Rossview will also be tough this year as Ashley Elrod is back with the addition of two good players who tranferred from Clarksville Northeast by the names of Sarah and Channing. Two more potent hitters to provide run support. District 10-AAA will compete for the State Championship mark my words. I'm out