District 9AA Preview

Liger711

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who r the teams to beat this year in 9aa, and where is marshall county at in the mix of this district?? didnt see them even male the list. They r in your district arent they?

825562628[/snapback]

Lewisburg is Marshall Co. it depends on where you are from what you call them. Well the 2005 season will be like the past couple of seasons with Marshall Co. on top. Until I see someone dethrone them, they are top dog in this district. I see Page building off what they did in 2004 and finishing second in this district. With a very young team last year they reached the regionals where they probably should of one but lost a close game. After Marshall Co. and Page, I believe the next spota are wide open. Fairview lost the district MVP, starting catcher, and 4 year starter at 1st base, so if they can get some stable pithcing a nd solid defense they will do well in 2005. I don't know much about Giles Co, Lewis Co. and Loretto. But here is y projected order of finish.

1. Marshall Co.

2. Page

3. Loretto

4. Fairview

5. Lewis Co.

6. Giles Co.

I predict Page will win the district this year. Every single starter will be returning plus, the patriots have a new coaching staff. I think Page will pull off the win this year against Marshall County to win the top spot. If Page has ever had a year to do it, then this is it. As for the rest of the district i think it is up in the air.

That's not very nice Gerry.  Not accurate either.  Not saying we're gonna straight dominate the district, but we're definitely not going to be last either.  Sorry, but we're gonna see come playin' time.  You're gonna shut dat mouth then! thumb

825563115[/snapback]

I am not downing any team in this district. Like I said I don't know much about Loretto, Giles, and Lewis. I didnt down Giles Co. they have always been a tough team but seem to always come up short come district time. As for Page beating Marshall, it is a possibility. Page was the last team to take down the Tigers in district and it may happen again.

Page was not the last team in the district to beat Lewisburg. It was Giles who beat them in reg. season last year twice.

825566414[/snapback]

Page was the last team to win the district tourney besides Marshall Co. That is what I am talking about. The wins in the regular season dont mean anything if you can't win in the postseason, and that is something Giles Co. has sturggle with in past years. I posted because I know the traditions of each school and probably know more about it then you do.