District 4AAA Predictions

hmslb32

My son is no longer with the team at Bearden.  I wish the boys the best of luck.  If Bearden does not finish at least second in 4AAA, something is wrong.

There are a few keys to success for the Bulldog nation, in my opinion as one now on the outside looking in:

1.  Irwin, Jester, and Roach will have to pitch well and get some help for a few others. 

2.  The guys will need to continue hitting the ball like they did all fall, which looks like that will probably happen.

3.  GREATLY reduce the number of errors in the infield from last year. 

If these things happen, Bearden could go 12-2 in the district...but there's a reason the games are played.  If everybody stays healthy...it could be a big year for the Bulldogs.

As for me.... still dealing with some baseball withdrawal.  It has been difficult to see 13 years of baseball end why and how it did.  I though a new boat might help matters somewhat, so I will be fishing on March 14th!

825582820[/snapback]

Bearden's pitching may be quite good. Even if it's not, they should be able to score enough runs to help out. The one wildcard is always defense and pitching mistakes. Errors, walks, and hit batters can be a great equalizer against inferior competition. Defensive lapses (and inability to make plays) killed West the past couple of years.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bizazz, Addad, and Hiwasseevol have moved on to collegiate or professional baseball. Dheat, you are disappointing me though, nobodys heard much out of you.

825582182[/snapback]

Boys, I'm back from a week long trip to Disney world for work and pleasure. Work was fine and the pleasure was great. Braves first 3 days of full squad workouts. Let's just say watching Smoltz pitch in the pin from up close is awsome. The speed of the game si so much faster. As for my thoughts Farragut is not even ranked by Street and Smith's Halls is top in Tennessee. However just for our district I think untill some one can beat Farragut they are the pick for 4AAA. Maryville is the only team to beat them, twice in the last two years. Bearden will challenge and South Doyle will be there. However all of Blount County should not be taken lightly. Some names for you to remember is Jake Snyder for WB. big hard throwing right hander who has pitched againest some of the best is the South this past summer. Coy Best if he can get out on the field has the a all amercian knuckle ball. Heritage is good and a lot of quality pitching. Will finish anywhere from 3rd to 6th. Everyone expects Maryville to be down but I say no. With Clement, King and Blair pitching they will be just fine. Look out they surprise people. Lots of team speed.

WB and Maryville get together for a scrimage on March 7th.

First of all Dheat, I'm generally critical of anyone who gets to take a trip out of town this time of year. It's not fair that you should be down south enjoying warmth and sunshine. :P

However, I must admit that I was fortunate to celebrate a special occasion with a short cruise to Nassau in January. So I'll not be critical. ;)

Back to baseball. I agree about overlooking Maryville. Folks never seem to talk about them in pre-season, but they're usually there at the end. The Blount County part of the district could be very competitive this year.

I'd like to think that West could make a respectable showing for their last year in the district, but they need to play better than they've done in preseason. They'll find out where they stand early, with an opening game against South Doyle.

Nobody's talking about Sevier County. If they've improved, they might have a fighting chance to finish out of the bottom slot.

Farragut will still be the team to beat in the District. Coach Pharr does a great job reloading every year.

Bearden will be ready to play this year so don’t count them out.

South Doyle can win a lot of games if the parents stay away & let the boys play.

Heritage could beat anyone any day if they have an attitude adjustment.

West will be rebuilding and looking for next year.

Sevier County should improve this year, but how much is the question

Maryville Dheat knows more about them than anyone. I don’t think they will have much but they always seem to be there at the end

William Blount will hit the field with a lot of young talent; they should have plenty of talent to fill the openings from last year. Are they replacing them? I don’t know if you can replace players like Wojo & Young but the talent is there. Pitching should be a strong part of this team with Snyder, Holden, Best, Hartsell, Penley & McGill. They also should have some good bats in the lineup with Burstrom, Holden, Crosby, Clabough and some of the young players that can hit also. Defense will be the strongest part of this team with above average arms & speed in the outfield & a solid infield.

The part of this team that is missing is knowing how to win.

Don’t get this wrong, it’s not in the coaching. The kids at WB just don’t Know how to win, it’s something that the school as a hole needs to learn.

This could be the year that they learn to WIN if so WB could be there at the end.

DON’T COUNT THEM OUT TILL THEN

my preseason pole just by the paper goes like this

1. farragut

2. bearden

3. south doyle

4. maryville

5. willy b

6. heritage

7. west

8. sevier county

bearden and sd are the exact oposite teams. SD can play some great d and has great pitching probly the best in the district besides maybe farragut. Bearden can hit like crazy and are pretty solid on d. There weakness wil be on the mound. i see sd beating bearden atleast once in the reg season.

First of all Dheat, I'm generally critical of anyone who gets to take a trip out of town this time of year.  It's not fair that you should be down south enjoying warmth and sunshine. :o

However, I must admit that I was fortunate to celebrate a special occasion with a short cruise to Nassau in January.  So I'll not be critical. :o

Back to baseball.  I agree about overlooking Maryville.  Folks never seem to talk about them in pre-season, but they're usually there at the end.  The Blount County part of the district could be very competitive this year.

I'd like to think that West could make a respectable showing for their last year in the district, but they need to play better than they've done in preseason.  They'll find out where they stand early, with an opening game against South Doyle.

Nobody's talking about Sevier County.  If they've improved, they might have a fighting chance to finish out of the bottom slot.

825591239[/snapback]

I felt kind of guilty not telling you guys in advance. To make you fill better. Next years trip is to Chicago at the same time. I'll get sick and go to Florida instead. We all know Farragut and Bearden but your right on about Sevier County. They started a lot of really youg players and took there lumps last year. I think they will take a step up. West is still an unknown. The fall team was week at times but had some real quality players and made some great plays. Question would be there defense and cutting down on the errors. Good scrimage set for Saturday, Maryville at Oakridge. Looking forward to Seeing Eric Barclay again. Very underrated player for Oak Ridge

BEARDEN SHOULD BE IN THE MIX THIS YEAR. LAST YEAR, BEARDEN STARTED 6 SOPH. POSITION PLAYERS AND 3 SOPH. PITCHERS. FOUR OF THESE SOPH. WENT YARD. WITH MATT BUCKNER IN HIS SECOND YEAR AS COACH, THE BULLDOG NATION SHOULD HAVE MUCH TO CHEER ABOUT.

825565985[/snapback]

hahah 4 of them went yard..... they must be good then...

Boys, I'm back from a week long trip to Disney world for work and pleasure. Work was fine and the pleasure was great. Braves first 3 days of full squad workouts. Let's just say watching Smoltz pitch in the pin from up close is awsome. The speed of the game si so much faster. As for my thoughts Farragut is not even ranked by Street and Smith's Halls is top in Tennessee. However just for our district I think untill some one can beat Farragut they are  the pick for 4AAA. Maryville is the only team to beat them, twice in the last two years. Bearden will challenge and South Doyle will be there. However all of Blount County should not be taken lightly. Some names for you to remember is Jake Snyder for WB. big hard throwing right hander who has pitched againest some of the best is the South this past summer. Coy Best if he can get out on the field has the a all amercian knuckle ball. Heritage is good and a lot of quality pitching. Will finish anywhere from 3rd to 6th. Everyone expects Maryville to be down but I say no. With Clement, King and Blair pitching they will be just fine. Look out they surprise people. Lots of team speed.

WB and Maryville get together for a scrimage on March 7th.

825591148[/snapback]

Good post... but maryville only beat them once in the last two years... i think they were either 1-7 or 1-8 against them