District 4AAA Predictions

hmslb32

I really don't think anyone will belittle Waldrop and I don't think that was his intent. He's obviously the best player to come out of this area in a long time. Catapano is following closely in his footsteps, only time will tell, but if he keeps improving, he might be as equally impressive.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

farragut is still a great team they did lose some but they didnt really lose anything they cant replace. Waldrop was a great pitcher but catapano and this new guy ive heard about can probly carry the load.  I think heritage is sorta overrated. They do play well from behind if you let them hang around. but i dont think they deserve  a ranking higher then 5 in the district.  has anyone heard anything about farraguts ampadestric(?) pitcher and a freshmen catcher thats pretty good??? anyone hear this???

825596542[/snapback]

I don't think Heritage is overrated, I haven't seen anyone pick Heritage higher than 5th, does this mean you and everyone else thinks they'll finish 5th or worse? It's hard to be overrated when you're picked 5th in a 7 to 8 team district.

earn respect....  you are crazy if you think that they havent earned it already.  the name farragut is one of the reasons people fold and do not compete if they get down early.  You can credit "respect" to most of farragut's run rules the last few years and other teams will confess to possibly folding early...  i do agree that they must perform to get even more respect, but respect has been there for the last 6 years or more

825596100[/snapback]

This is a team that TP has questions on chemistry...which is different from the 03 and 04 teams. Obviously, there is great respect for the Farragut program...it's just that this lineup is presently not as strong up and down as has been in the past. Looking for great things from those that contribute and hope the seniors that are left can bring them along.

spunkmeyer, I know Farragut will have some guys step up, and I definitely think they're still the favorites in at least the district and possibly the state, but to say that waldrop is replaceable is nearly a laughable statement. You don't get picked in the 1st Round with a cool mill of a signing bonus and get labeled "replaceable" Farragut will have guys step up, but don't belittle the loss of Waldrop, it isn't exactly minor

825597195[/snapback]

although i agree with you completely... the loss of cobb and mckenry was not suppose to be "little" either... things will work out alright...

I really don't think anyone will belittle Waldrop and I don't think that was his intent. He's obviously the best player to come out of this area in a long time. Catapano is following closely in his footsteps, only time will tell, but if he keeps improving, he might be as equally impressive.

825597402[/snapback]

Catapano is already a fantastic high school pitcher. While I understand he may play some position ball this year, I don't expect he'll make the offensive contribution that Kyle did.

Kyle has not only garnered a pro contract, but he's established himself as one of the top 10 prospects in the Twins organization. Kyle may be the best local player since Helton.

Rob has had a couple of great role models in Cobb and Waldrop. It will be interesting to watch him as "the man" this year. He certainly has a bright future ahead of him.