6AA District Tournament

defensewins

I agree smalls, everyone thinks that the city teams have the advantage but it turns out to help the county tems because they get overlooked. Bledsoe and Sequatchie have knocked off good teams in the past. They probably won't win the whole district title, but you never know who will earn the 4 region spots.

825575405[/snapback]

My point proven.The county teans can put up a fight in the tourney, I will give them their credit. Grundy was very unexpected but you seriously NEVER know for sure in this district.

Predictions for tonight anyone?

Edited by shakinbake22

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if I can add anything to this, but the district tournament setup has been the way it is this year ever since this district came to be. The number 1's and number 2's have always had byes into the tournament semi's, thus earning them an automatic region birth. Don't know if that is what you guys are talking about, but thought I would clarify if there was a question or complaint.

I'm not sure if I can add anything to this, but the district tournament setup has been the way it is this year ever since this district came to be.  The number 1's and number 2's have always had byes into the tournament semi's, thus earning them an automatic region birth.  Don't know if that is what you guys are talking about, but thought I would clarify if there was a question or complaint.

825579472[/snapback]

actually no it was not thats why East Ridge was done after losing to Bledsoe in the first round

Icecold, I hate to say but your wrong once again buddy. ER got a plaque that says Regular Season District Champs. You see it was a tie. ER was overrated? They beat McMinn Central (a team that made the state tourney because ER was the only team that could beat them) by 20 twice. Did anybody else do that. They had just beat Bledsoe by 25 less than a week before they met in the district. Look at what head to head match ups. The only reason ER only beat CSAS by 3 was because they pulled their starters. And I'm sure that Dragoo the bald one oh wait their all bald even the one in the 3rd grade, complained about the set up as well.

I think those were predictions. Here's what happened:

Hixson 69 Grundy 61

Top Scorers

smalley-32 ladd-23

green- 17 sitz-13

carter-10 wiley- 8

hagaman-8 fultz- 4

wood- 2 ???

Hixson played terrible the first 3 quarters. They were down 11 with 3 min. left in the third. They woke up in the fourth outscoring grundy by 18 on way to the eight point win. Good win, and we'll see hixson vs. howard tonight.

I know that ER also won in 2ot by 3, so they'll play CSAS tonight.

ER did get screwed without question. The rules have changed because of ER last year. It was completely ridiculous that a team could go through a complete season and dominate their district like ER did last year, and play one bad game and their season be over. This year the rules have gone back to the way they should've been, so in a sense ER definately got screwed.

825579213[/snapback]

Oh pleeeeeaaaasssee! They didn't get screwed! They lost! lol...there's a big difference! When it comes tourney time, you either put up or shut up! They just flat out lost! Anyways, back to this year! :lol:

Edited by GradfromtheNest

Icecold, I hate to say but your wrong once again buddy. ER got a plaque that says Regular Season District Champs. You see it was a tie. ER was overrated? They beat McMinn Central (a team that made the state tourney because ER was the only team that could beat them) by 20 twice. Did anybody else do that. They had just beat Bledsoe by 25 less than a week before they met in the district. Look at what head to head match ups. The only reason ER only beat CSAS by 3 was because they pulled their starters. And I'm sure that Dragoo the bald one oh wait their all bald even the one in the 3rd grade, complained about the set up as well.

825579755[/snapback]

You are right it was a tie, East Ridge was not the only team that could beat Mcminn Central and it was not by twenty ,it was by 14or 16 points and the second time they won by less than five points ...whoopty do CSAS beat Mcminn Central last year also Howard losing only one district game that is what I call dominating the district, So neither one of the co-champions CSAS or East Ridge dominated the district last year. and as for the game East Ridge did beat CSAS it was close all the way throough I have seen the tape I will let you borrow it if you like. .. But before i go think about this we both agree that last years's setup for the tourny was stupid.. We both agree that this year's setup is better but remember both East Ridge and CSAS got screwed based on your argument so but CSAS did something about (win) and moved on instead of losing and whining "we got screwed because we got beat by a team that was worse than us when we should not have had to play hem in the first place"

A very funny story to that. I had alot of friends on the basketball team last year and they told me that they didn't know until the game was over that their season was over. The whole time they believed that they had the auto bid. Say what you want about that, i personally think it was pretty dumb. Any how how bout AD last night putting it down on the dudes head from Sequatchie last night!!! That dunk looked alot better than that weak T. Smith over B. Wright

You are right it was a tie, East Ridge was not the only team that could beat Mcminn Central and it was not by twenty ,it was by 14or 16 points and the second time they won by less than five points ...whoopty do CSAS beat Mcminn Central last year also Howard losing only one district game that is what I call dominating the district, So neither one of the co-champions CSAS or East Ridge dominated the district last year. and as for the game East Ridge did beat CSAS it was close all the way throough I have seen the tape I will let you borrow it if you like. .. But before i go think about this we both agree that last years's setup for the tourny was stupid.. We both agree that this year's setup is better but remember both East Ridge and CSAS got screwed based on your argument so but CSAS did something about (win) and moved on instead of losing and whining "we got screwed because we got beat by a team that was worse than us when we should not have had to play hem in the first place"

825580999[/snapback]

If you can't step it up in tournment play then go home. Why bring up the past? If they were so bad why did they beat you ? You should have to step on the floor and play your best game all the time. If some one step it up a notch you blame the system dont sound right to me. Take the lose and be done with it.