Volunteer Falcons Baseball

Pitcher99

Way to go, 7. You will do well over there.

You and Deuce both go over there and tell them to come back over here next year and get 'em a good 3d baseman. thumb

825666247[/snapback]

wouldn't that be great!

Hey Backer do you think we could put a Falcon bunch together to play in a couple of tourneys if I put some on at Volunteer?

Anybody else out there that has a High School age team looking for some Tourneys, I'm planning on having at least a couple at the High School. I'd love to have some good teams come in and we have a nice facility, easy to get to, right off of 11W.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, hard to believe it's over. What a great bunch of seniors.

Dustin H, way to stick with it for 4 years. You're a good kid who will go far in life.

Chris F, same goes for you.

B Dub, you have a great head on your shoulders and come from a great family. You'll be successful no matter what you do. Good luck and stay in touch.

Jacob, we have not always gotten along, but I have always respected your talent. You are still the best defensive 1st baseman I have ever seen at the high school level or below. And you swing a pretty mean stick. Good luck in college.

Robbie S, you have probably done more with less than anyone I have ever seen. No one gave you much credit when you were younger, but you stuck with it and became the best right-handed pitcher in school history. Good luck wherever you end up pitching at next year.

Brandon, congratulations on all your accolades. You have matured so much in the last 5 years and have been a fine leader. I always told your dad you have a great baseball head. Go over to Carolina and kick some @%%, Falcon style.

Guys, I am proud to have played a small part in your success. You have set the bar for excellence at VH. You guys helped revive the sport in Church Hill and there are some good players behind you who have some big shoes to fill.

Juniors and sophs, it don't get any easier for you next year, moving up and all. Get your tails in the weight room and work hard to carry on the success. Best of luck to all, it's been fun watching you and I'll miss you seniors.

p.s. Gotta mention the great parents of the seniors. You all have raised fine sons who will make Volunteer High proud, on the field and off. Barb, outstanding job with the Dugout club. Charlie and Phyllis, you guys have always helped out in any way you could. Tod, thanks for making our home field as nice as any we played on all year. You folks are a big part of the success enjoyed by all. We'll miss you.

Edited by Falconbaseballbacker

It was a great season guys i enjoyed every minute of it. 18-13 record not too bad at all. This year was the most fun ive had playing ball since ive been in high school i will really miss everyone next year! I wish all of you the best of luck in the years to come. Thanks to everyone involved in Volunteer Falcon Baseball!

Guys the seasons been over for a little over a week now and it's give me time to reflect on the enjoyment I have had watching all you guys grow up on the baseball field over the years, including my own son. All you Varsity boys are very special to me in so many ways. The memories that I have of you guys on and off the field are forever etched in my heart.

The original AABC boys- Brandon, Justo, Robby and Jacob ( who came in the second year), Matt and Coty (who started with Don the first year) and Brandon W. (the next season) are the biggest blessings of all. You guys went through it all, the good years and the bad. You guys will look back one day and realize what an impact you have made in the Volunteer Baseball program. The future looks bright and you guys were a big part of that. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting me be a part of that.

I also want to thank a very special person who was right there through all the times and taught me a lot about the game and a lot about friendship. Daris you have been a true friend, we've been through so much (coaching, field fixing, fussin', fightin, winning and losing). What a great 10 years. I thank you for all your hard work, love of the game, treating my son like your own and most of all being a true friend even after I let you down on occasions. Your the best and any time you need someone to help you coach a team I would be honored.

Thanks to the coaches for the last 4 years and putting up with me being in the way all the time, pittling on the field and aggravating you guys over one thing or another. Also for helping my son become the player and person he is. You guys are the best!

Congrads on a great season and good luck to all the Falcons coming back.

Love all you guys! GO FALCONS!

Who was your last opponent and what was the final score?

825675985[/snapback]

Cherokeealan, Happy Valley put us out of the tournament, 11-0. We ran into a buzzsaw that night that should have won the AA state, especially if they played like they did that night.

DandDD, thanks for the kind words. It's not always been smooth, but in the end, it was worth every minute. I think it's obvious, the love you have for the game and these kids. Hope you stick around in the Dugout Club, Mr. (future) President.

Edited by Falconbaseballbacker

Guys the seasons been over for a little over a week now and it's give me time to reflect on the enjoyment I have had watching all you guys grow up on the baseball field over the years, including my own son. All you Varsity boys are very special to me in so many ways. The memories that I have of you guys on and off the field are forever etched in my heart.

The original AABC boys- Brandon, Justo, Robby and Jacob ( who came in the second year), Matt and Coty (who started with Don the first year) and Brandon W. (the next season) are the biggest blessings of all. You guys went through it all, the good years and the bad. You guys will look back one day and realize what an impact you have made in the Volunteer Baseball program. The future looks bright and you guys were a big part of that.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting me be a part of that.

I also want to thank a very special person who was right there through all the times and taught me a lot about the game and a lot about friendship. Daris you have been a true friend, we've been through so much (coaching, field fixing, fussin', fightin, winning and losing). What a great 10 years. I thank you for all your hard work, love of the game, treating my son like your own and most of all being a true friend even after I let you down on occasions. Your the best and any time you need someone to help you coach a team I would be honored.

Thanks to the coaches for the last 4 years and putting up with me being in the way all the time, pittling on the field and aggravating you guys over one thing or another. Also for helping my son become the player and person he is. You guys are the best! 

Congrads on a great season and good luck to all the Falcons coming back.

Love all you guys!  GO FALCONS!

825675890[/snapback]

You all are bringing me to tears. Good season for the Falcons.

• 2 weeks later...