Volunteer Falcons Baseball

Pitcher99

Waco that score would be just like the chances of DB's Football team beating Oak Ridge in the play offs.hummm not very good. Volunteers Football Team wont win 3 games next year.

Tell me something Ziklag Where do you think some of our players will go we have ten times more talent than Volunteer in all Sports.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just what do you think the winning percentage is for DB against Oak Ridge in the playoffs ? You don't know do you ? Well I can tell you it is as good as Oak Ridges percentage against DB. So I guess that means Volunteer's chances against Central is pretty good. By the way, none of that matters anyway because I've already called it. Volunteer 27....Central 13. Thats the way its goin' down, ain't nothin' you can do about it.

Has Central ever been in a playoff game in football ?

Im sure they have....I just never heard about it.

If any of you guys play at Volunteer, tell your coach, Chuck McLain, that his old coach said hello and good luck this season. I coached Chuck during the 1988 season before moving on to coach in Virginia, and if I recall correctly, it was his senior year. He pitched and played short and I believe made All-District. Glad to see he returned to coach at Volunteer. Tell him Coach Roark said hello.

Thanks and best wishes this year.

---rSquared

Well, scrimmages are over, time for the real thing. I haven't seen all the scrimmages, but saw enough to make a few observations. We only got blown out once by a very good hitting Tennessee High team. Defense is good enough, especially when the starters are in there. Pitching has showns signs of being pretty good, other times not so much, and I mean ALL the pitchers. Hitting needs to come around some more. Timely hitting is what we are missing at this point. A couple of back to back hits at the right time and we might have won a couple more scrimmages. Good luck to the players and coaches on the upcoming season. Let's start it off with a 4 wins next week and go from there. (actually, a win Monday night, then look forward to the next game).

p.s., to anyone who is interested, the Church Hill middle school team is looking very strong. Should challenge for the conference, with some strong competition from Science Hill and Unicoi. The future looks bright for Coach McClain and the Falcons. thumb

I agree with Falconbacker, defense and pitching has been improving each scrimage. We just need the timely hits. When you have bases loaded or men on second and third with no outs or one out, runs need to be scored. Hopefully those things will happen and if they do this team will be alright. Good luck monday guys, we'll be right there pulling for you.

Go Falcons!