Top Goalies

laxdaddy

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know exactly how the stats are done. But for example in Webb's 2nd game aginst MBA, MBA had bout 54 shots, but Webb's stats say Abernathy faced 43 shots. So I'm guessing that the stats people don't count shots that totally miss the cage. That would be why it appears that he saves everything execpt the one that go in.

I'm just gonna throw in my two-cents on Chris Taylor...total bad-######. He is so quick, very Regan-esque. I haven't seen Rainer play, which obviously effects this opinion, but I think he is very worthy of 1st team.

I don't know exactly how the stats are done. But for example in Webb's 2nd game aginst MBA, MBA had bout 54 shots, but Webb's stats say Abernathy faced 43 shots. So I'm guessing that the stats people don't count shots that totally miss the cage. That would be why it appears that he saves everything execpt the one that go in.

I'm just gonna throw in my two-cents on Chris Taylor...total bad-######. He is so quick, very Regan-esque. I haven't seen Rainer play, which obviously effects this opinion, but I think he is very worthy of 1st team.

825649330[/snapback]

Shots are usually separated into shots and SOG (shots on goal). I would be willing to bet that the lower number is more accurate in TN. Also, like I've said before, teams in TN usually have managers or JV guys counting the stats, it's not quite as structured as it would be if done by a league official.

I played with Abernathy over the summer at goalie camp and agree that he is a solid goalie. Also he is a 2nd year starter as a sophomore, so in the next two years that experience should help him alot. Rainer is clearly the best this year, and ill add that taylor has played some good games too.