District 3AAA Tournament

mocs30

Ok first off Jamesd you just said Halls guards scored 62 points in the last meeting, but you also listed just abut every guard on Halls team lol. I would hope 6 players could outscore 2 or 3 I mean really. Also, you guys that think Hargis will choke just wait and see tonight. That kid is a gamer. Sharpe may be able to score and do the other things areally well but if it came down to crunch time there is nobody I would rather have running my team that Matt Hargis. You can always count on him to have more heart than anybody on the floor every single night.

Jbrock your right Halls did lose to Powell 2 times in the regular season last year and then Powell ended up losing in the 3rd meeting in district tourney, But Powell was also short handed last year in the 3rd meeting.

Anyways I believe tonights games will be awesome, with a lot at stake and two huge rivalries. I see Clinton beating Oak Ridge by 9 only because Dandrus Whitt is out to prove something after a kind of disappointing game.

In the Championship game tonight I believe after watching the regular season games Smith and Ward are too much for Halls, I mean Powell had Halls blown out of the gym the 1st meeting up by 17 at the half. I see Halls packing in that zone and powell hitting a couple big threes and smith and ward gettin there 20 pts each, with Powell rolling. Powell by 11.........even though Halls won both meetings this year I honestly believe Powell is still a 10 pt better ball club! Goodluck to everybody today.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok first off Jamesd you just said Halls guards scored 62 points in the last meeting, but you also listed just abut every guard on Halls team lol. I would hope 6 players could outscore 2 or 3 I mean really. Also, you guys that think Hargis will choke just wait and see tonight. That kid is a gamer. Sharpe may be able to score and do the other things areally well but if it came down to crunch time there is nobody I would rather have running my team that Matt Hargis. You can always count on him to have more heart than anybody on the floor every single night.

Jbrock your right Halls did lose to Powell 2 times in the regular season last year and then Powell ended up losing in the 3rd meeting in district tourney, But Powell was also short handed last year in the 3rd meeting.

Anyways I believe tonights games will be awesome, with a lot at stake and two huge rivalries. I see Clinton beating Oak Ridge by 9 only because Dandrus Whitt is out to prove something after a kind of disappointing game.

In the Championship game tonight I believe after watching the regular season games Smith and Ward are too much for Halls, I mean Powell had Halls blown out of the gym the 1st meeting up by 17 at the half. I see Halls packing in that zone and powell hitting a couple big threes and smith and ward gettin there 20 pts each, with Powell rolling. Powell by 11.........even though Halls won both meetings this year I honestly believe Powell is still a 10 pt better ball club!  Goodluck to everybody today.

825585994[/snapback]

nobody in the state of tennessee has more heart and determination than #23 for the halls squad. Cameron Sharp will turn Hargis inside out tonight i guarantee it. I will give it to hargis he is a player but Sharp is too tough to beat, and far too fundamentally developed. And you can say that the first two games this season were flukes but in my opinion a win is a win and if a team comes back from down 17 at half then that just shows that Powell has trouble finishing teams off. In my honest opinion I dont have a prediction for tonights game but If halls can get Ward or Smith in foul trouble early then they will be able to win this game.

Well I do believe the first game was a fluke and you should too because Powell Dominated them. I will give it to you the second game at Halls, Halls handled Powell that night and yes Cameron Sharpe is a player too, and he is very developed for a soph but I would still rather have Hargis. I believe Powell is the better ball club regardless and I guarantee you ask most coaches who they would rather NOT play and they would say Powell. Powell is very dangerous and very good. If Powell plays there game and dont let the emotion of this big game and big rivalry get to them I believe Powell wins by 11 tonight. There isn't no stopping Smith and Ward and Hargis, Connor, and Addis will step up and hit some big shots tonight, just my gut feeling. Big players step up in big games and Matt Hargis is gonna be the difference in tonight's ball game. Im not saying he will score 20 pts but he will be the all around difference in Powell being DISTRICT 3AAA Champions

Connor, and Addis will step up and hit some big shots tonight, just my gut feeling.

825586057[/snapback]

I stayed after the halls/OR game on tuesday night and watched that powell clinton game and neither connor or addis impress me in the slightest bit. Connor is far too slow and Addis stopped shooting after he missed his first 2 three pointers and that wasn't anything odd because he did the same thing against maryville at the West high christmas tourney and the first 2 times he played halls. He needs confidence to hit a shot late in such a big game and he doesn't have any. And most coaches would say they would rather play halls then powell, but with the rivalry as big as it is the Devils will come to play. ive talked to several players today here at school and they all are comin to play tonight.

There is no doubt that both teams will be ready. if htey aren't someone needs to check their pulse.

I was thinking the same thing about how 6 guards can outscore 2 or 3 post players, but they really werent that far behind. Give me ward and smith and i bet they score more than cameron and borum or whomever you want to put with sharpe.

I agree with Conner being too slow. Addis if he doesnt make some shots he does get down but he can play some defense. ASk Whitt about that. I dont know how many he had but i know addis held him to a lower number than whit usually gets.

I am so pumped for this one, gonna be a classic.

Addis if he doesnt make some shots he does get down but he can play some defense. ASk Whitt about that. I dont know how many he had but i know addis held him to a lower number than whit usually gets.

825586133[/snapback]

I will give it to Addis that he can play defense. He proved that when he block Sharp 2 consecutive times on fastbreak lay-ups at Powell. But the problem for Addis is that if Powell is to win tonight then he will have to put up some additional points, assists, or rebounds.

Regardless of tonight's results, Emory Road belongs to the Halls High Red Devils for the next year. thumb

well even if he doesnt put up points they can still win. He didnt score much against Clinton and they are a good team.

So how is it decided who owns emory road? the last matchup or who has won the most times? because last year we won 2 but lost the last. just wondering on that note.

I believe powell comes out and plays well. they should throw a 3-2 zone at halls and stop so much penatration from shrape and if borum or buchanan start hittin get out of it. but hey we will see what Ogan has up his sleeve.

On a side note about the halls assistant coach. he must really have a chip on his shoulder about powell becasue he got so pumped and shook his fist at powell win they finally beat us in the regular season. j/w whyt he was like that, i dont thinkk ogan ever did that to them. Just the guy who hit the big shots at the end both reg. season games thumb

Just wanted to congratulate all of the Panthers on their district championship. In particular 2 guys though. Patrick Addis and Miggi King came through big time for the Panthers. Addis scored 12 points, including a 3 on the opening possession and numerous free throws late to seal the deal. He also hounded Borum all game long and really limited his effectiveness at the offensive end. Migi King, a seldom used backup wing for the Panthers, did a fantastic job defensively when his time was called in the biggest game of the season. He also did a great job of getting after Borum and his block from behind on Sharp was a huge play as far as momentum. Congratulations to all the Panthers. You guys came together at the right time and played your best basketball when the stakes were highest. Keep doing what you're doing all the way through region.

Edited by DrubRally

addis did do a good job on borum all night. bourm was 2-5 from the 3 point line. i like how lovinthe3all said he was 0 for god knows how much i did not know everybody shoots the lights out of it every night. i like how some people get on here and talk about people when i would say they could not do any better. powell out played us tonight but i still think we are the better team. congrats to ward and smith on all tournament. i think hargis should have prob made it to thought.

i never said that u had to be lights out. i just think it is funny how you get on here and boost yourself up.

I agree with you though on Hargis making it. he had a couple of turn overs against Clinton the other night and against them that is dang good. OR had like 7 in under 2 min in the consolation game.

He ran his team very well the whole way through the tourney.

PTP10:

Like I said after the game, I know you guys are disappointed, but don't sulk. The Maryville game is much more important than the one against Powell. Thank you for the kind words about Hargis. As someone who spent a lot of time working with him, I know that winning that game meant a lot to him. I hope we get to play you guys again. If we do, that means we're both going to substate!