Can Shannon lead Wartburg to a District title?

orangenation16

My point wasnt that Wartburg is a bad team.  They are very good, well balanced and they have a shot at the regional title.  My point is that your district MVP is not really an MVP.  Guys who are MVP's dont miss late game free throws,... they knock them down.  And point guards who are true MVP's dont turn the ball over down the stretch. 

If CAK plays Wartburg in the Regionals, I hope that Shannon is still the point guard.  In the 4th quarter last night he had more passes to CAK than he did Wartburg.

825572616[/snapback]

MM5 has a good point.You can't miss freebies down the stretch and expect to win games. They had a 20 point lead at the end of the 3rd and won by three. That's unexceptable and an MVP is supposed to step up and take over if he sees his team slacking off. Turn overs are dier. If your winning by 20 and you just give them the ball then your asking to lose. I'm not saying shannon doesn't deserve the MVP because he does, that's why he got it. I'm just saying that he needs to step up to his title while it lasts.TBK :unsure:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shannon is a good player and a good athlete, but how many boards and assists and steals is he averaging?? I mean points are nice but that's not all that wins game. Granted they do get all the attention but there's much more to it. And it's a team sport not a Shannon show. Good Luck teams.TBK :(

825574255[/snapback]

Actually, Shannon is leading his team in points, assists, and rebounds.

Edited by harvo20

i dont know about all of you, but i think jeremy stepped up alot from last year, and is leading wartburg to their wins.......everyone thought adam vespie was going to be the best this year at wartburg, but i dont think he's nearly as good at jeremy............ good luck tonight guys against onieda