Can Shannon lead Wartburg to a District title?

orangenation16

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Shannon kid must like tooting his own horn. Because most of the posts on here are about him. Don't let the MVP go to your head. You are just one of several players that could have won it. My choice would have been Dustin Walker. he is the best offensive player in the district.

825571046[/snapback]

He is good and there is no doubt that he is. The only way that wartburg will win if is that if they step up there Defense and dont play like they did in the fourth quarter last night against CAK.

Wartburg was up 20 last night, then Shannon had three straight turnovers on three trips down the court. Then he missed the front end of not one, not two, but three one and ones. I am a CAK fan and it was like he was trying to let us back in the game. How does the district MVP choke down the stretch like that.... at least the next time we know who to put on the foul line with the game on the line.

The Shannon kid must like tooting his own horn. Because most of the posts on here are about him. Don't let the MVP go to your head. You are just one of several players that could have won it. My choice would have been Dustin Walker. he is the best offensive player in the district.

825571046[/snapback]

Shannon is a good kid that gives 110% every game and he is not one to go around and boust to anyone that he's, as it sounds your are implying, "all that". He is a team player, if you check the stats, he's rebounding, getting steals, issuing assists, blocking some shots down low-(remember he's a point guard) and of course scoring-so in my opinion, if he wanted to "TOOK HIS OWN HORN" he has the right to, but during a game and practice-Shannon is a leader- even the coach says so... SO give him a break- He got the MVP because he DESERVED it this year.

There are alot of kids that could have been named MVP for one reason or another, but the coaches picked THEIR selection for 2004-2005 season and they selected a kid who deserved it most (Shannon) who contributed on both sides of the court-not just offense as you reference in you post. And for the record Joe Layne received the coach of the year-Congradulations to both of these Bulldogs and the entire team because you all contributed to their awards and recognition.

Good luck to all the players & coaches. It should be an interesting tournament.

Wartburg was up 20 last night, then Shannon had three straight turnovers on three trips down the court.  Then he missed the front end of not one, not two, but three one and ones.  I am a CAK fan and it was like he was trying to let us back in the game.  How does the district MVP choke down the stretch like that.... at least the next time we know who to put on the foul line with the game on the line.

825572401[/snapback]

What happened to the # 7 ranked CAK team? Speaking of choking...After defeating the bulldogs by 30+ earlier in the year, this should have been like a practice for your team.

Don't focus to hard on Shannon, when you do someone else will sneak up and make you pay- they have the talent to that.

My point wasnt that Wartburg is a bad team. They are very good, well balanced and they have a shot at the regional title. My point is that your district MVP is not really an MVP. Guys who are MVP's dont miss late game free throws,... they knock them down. And point guards who are true MVP's dont turn the ball over down the stretch.

If CAK plays Wartburg in the Regionals, I hope that Shannon is still the point guard. In the 4th quarter last night he had more passes to CAK than he did Wartburg.