Cheerleaders, but Not Wrestlers?

rcpatriot

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received my fax from TSSAA regarding the State Tournament for this year. Can someone explain to me why we would allow cheerleaders to enter the tournament free of charge, but not wrestlers? This has to be one of the most  ridiculous things I have every heard.

825570616[/snapback]

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

rcpatriot-

Don't feel alone or that TSSAA is the only one. We have the same (ongoing) squabble down here in AL. Every year, they allow 12 (or maybe 14?) cheerleaders "in uniform" to enter free of charge. Meanwhile, a kid who wrestled all season but came one win short of qualifying at Sectionals to compete in State has to pay. I don't understand it either, but don't feel like TSSAA is the 'evil empire'. They're not the only one doing it. I don't get it either though.

gablefan gave the best answer to your question.

Aspen gave the best solution to the problem.

thumb

First of all, cheerleaders do not get in free unless they are in uniform and are in their group, my daughter paid yesterday and she has cheered all season. Also, why do they not belong? They support their team just as much as the other fans and parents do. My daughter follows wrestling very closely and is always there for her team to support them and her brother which will be a future high school wrestler, and she can probably tell you more of what is going on more than some of the other people in the stands.

So, as far as I know they will only get in free to the Finals on Saturday as a group and in their uniform.

As far as them getting in free while the wrestlers do not, I do not understand why, but do not take it out on the cheerleaders.

Please do not say that they do not belong, that just was not very nice.

Edited by timcol

Cheerleaders work hard and they give our sport alittle bit of a classy look sorta like the other sports. A better negative comment would be how wrestling coaches present themselves at meets and tournaments. Shorts blue jeans and t shirts, some I wouldn't mow my yard in.

We cut our own throats worse than any other sport. Thanks girls. And thank you coaches for the hard work you do. Just work on the wardrobe.

I think the meaning of this post was to ask the question, Why do wrestlers that competed all year and did not make state have to pay to watch the State Tourny?  I think that anyone on a wretling team that was a part of the team, including cheerleaders, and managers should get in for free.

825572252[/snapback]

they should they trained all year and sometimes came up just short and they are a team member, team members get in for free at a dual why not at the state tournament?

cheerleaders are the worst thing that has ever happened to this sport all they do is sit in the stands and be annoying and loud to other wrestlers i think the greatest thing i have ever seen at a tournament is at houtons black horse one year a heavyweight go pushed out of the circle tripped and took out 6 cheerleaders on the side of the mat and broke one of their wrists it was awsome thumb